TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber's GT500 Coupe is in the ORDER Bank

Grabber

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per conversation with Ralph, my car was finished yesterday, It is now Produced and going over to the Stripe plant now. Ralph says the stripes should be done by end of next week on 1/26/07 and then it will be about 17 days untill I get it with shipping on the train thru the rockies and get to my dealer the week of 2/12/07. :happy feet:

I had a very nice chat with him about production numbers and Amy's car, but those are for another thread. :baby:

If it slips just a few days I will have been perfect on my prediction.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ost&p=81030

ego_cash.wav

On Friday 1/19/07 my car was "Released from Plant". It should be getting stripped this week and sent out on the train by this Friday Maybe. :headspin:

Almost there Rob! You're not going to be able to think about anything else for the next couple of weeks.. I hope you're able to get onto the site when you get her so we can see some pics!

:banana piano:

Mine is also in the stripe stage told it should arrive Feb 7th. Looks like I might get mine before you after all.

What part of the US are you in ?

CS told me 2/15 today. Ralphs ETA is the week of 2/12, so they are both saying the same thing.

What part of the US are you in ?

CS told me 2/15 today. Ralphs ETA is the week of 2/12, so they are both saying the same thing.

I am in central Illinois. I guess mine probably will come by truck. We had very similar dates when we talked last time. How can I follow the process now it has left the plant?

Thanks

Pat

On Friday 1/19/07 my car was "Released from Plant". It should be getting stripped this week and sent out on the train by this Friday Maybe. :headspin:

Sweet man, your moving ever closer to automotive bliss! I can now tell you from experience its well worth the wait. Now if I can just figure out how to drive around without sporting a grin like I just took the whole bottle of crazy pills....

KC666

:happy feet: My GT500 was "Released From Foriegn Plant" this morning. As you know, that means the stripes are on, and the next step will be a rail car number I hope.

TTB, You are my good friend now. :wub:

? Don't know. All I know is the birth certificate says Naval Hospital Queens NYC.

I visited NYC a few times when I was younger, I remember going up to the top of the Empire State Bldg. and even have my pictures from the top of the World Trade Centers and a WTC brochure. The brochure is probably worth some bucks now, but something I will never get rid of. When my wife called me Sept 11 and told me a tower had fallen, I told her she was crazy, there is no possible way. If a person had been to the towers before and seen how big these buildings were in person, you would see it highly unlikely that they would have come down. I just couldn't believe it.

:backtotopic:

10:4 ..our daughter-in-law worked across from the TTs and her birthday is Sept 11(!) so she went into work at 9:00 (insteady of her usual early routine) that day -- thank God! When she came out of the subway she couldn't believe what she saw (one building already hit but still up) . The image bothered her so, they have both since moved (Denver).

Back to cars... SCGT, I wish you could have seen what the Connecting Highway (Queens), a 2 mile link betw Brooklyn-Queens expwy and Grand Central pkwy, was like in the 60s. Hundreds of hot cars running 2-by-2 every Friday/Sat night. The overpasses were a 1/4 mile apart -- with an exit about 1/4 mi after each! It could not be better for racing! After a couple years of that, the city put up traffic lights on the overpasses to control traffic circulation (used to get 5-10K on-lookers on a good saturday night!). They never considered that they actually made it even better for us because then you could just start 25' back further and you could see the light above ...and no one needed a chase-car to pick-up the race 'starter'!!! <lol> Those were the days! ;)

---

Ok, Rob, have we trashed your thread sufficiently?.. hope not.. :backtotopic:

Ok, Rob, have we trashed your thread sufficiently?.. hope not.. :backtotopic:

I don't mind. It is off topic.

:banana piano: All I care about is that my car made it thru another step today - "Released From Foriegn Plant". :happy feet:

My thread is your thread. :stats:

Hopefully Canada and not Mexico!! :hysterical2:

68, back to our thread (I can't believe the nerve of Grabber to interrupt)....that sounds like a really great time, I take it you were just a kid then? :hysterical:

Billy,

Can you and Danny start your own little chatty thread. :baby:

Hey, congrats, Rob -- won't be long now!!! :hyper: :headspin: [<---Rob, next two weeks <lol>]

---

Yeah, SCGT, I was 20 in '68, but I used to go down there as early as '62 (that I can remember)... my big bro's friend had a 427 '62 Galaxie -- that car surprised a lot Hemi's back then ;-)

Carnut, my secret decoder ring is tucked away <lol> (with my submarine race-watchers card ... a local 'term' possibly? ;-)

Dan out ;)

I don't mind. It is off topic.

:banana piano: All I care about is that my car made it thru another step today - "Released From Foriegn Plant". :happy feet:

My thread is your thread. :stats:

Great news Rob! I'm pullin' for ya. I haven't been on much lately...doing some plumbing work in my basement and very busy with year-end financial reporting for another week. Weather is for crap here lately....no driving the GT500.

Dave

Great news Rob! I'm pullin' for ya. I haven't been on much lately...doing some plumbing work in my basement and very busy with year-end financial reporting for another week. Weather is for crap here lately....no driving the GT500.

Dave

Dave,

I am curious since you have a Job #2 car. Do you have wheel hop ?

Archived