TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber's GT500 Coupe is in the ORDER Bank

Grabber

:happy feet: Five Oh could be wrong. :happy feet:

Or, Five Oh B could be right. Just speaking from experience, Rob. I'd rather tell you to expect a longer wait, then have you be super happy if it shows up earlier than to get you psyched up for a date only to have it come and go with no car and have you disappointed. Or put another way: "it is better to underpromise and overdeliver than to overpromise and underdeliver."

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was by no means implying that 5 OH was wrong, I was only stating that mine was closer.

Oh, I'm wrong occassionally - I wouldn't be human if I didn't make mistakes. And, I don't want to imply that all GT500's will show up a couple weeks after Ford's ETA, as there are certainly exceptions such as your GT500. But, most have been arriving a couple weeks after the ETA (due to the order system not recognizing the extra time the stripes require at a second facility), so I'd feel better setting Rob up to expect his car in mid to late February instead of early February only to be disappointed if it doesn't arrive per the Ford ETA.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 6 2007, 02:22 PM) 85458[/snapback]

Oh, I'm wrong occassionally - I wouldn't be human if I didn't make mistakes. And, I don't want to imply that all GT500's will show up a couple weeks after Ford's ETA, as there are certainly exceptions such as your GT500. But, most have been arriving a couple weeks after the ETA (due to the order system not recognizing the extra time the stripes require at a second facility), so I'd feel better setting Rob up to expect his car in mid to late February instead of early February only to be disappointed if it doesn't arrive per the Ford ETA.

Yep....mine was two weeks after ETA...

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 6 2007, 02:22 PM) 85458[/snapback]

By the way...nice color on your car 5oh. We all know it's the fastest. :hysterical::hysterical2:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 6 2007, 02:22 PM) 85458[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I understood you Brian, I was just saying mine happen to be closer to the given date. Must in our area seem to be within a couple weeks after the given date.

Most in our area seem to run late.

By the way...nice color on your car 5oh. We all know it's the fastest. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Alloy isn't just the fastest, but it goes undetected so easily (a good radar detector doesn't hurt, too!). For those of us with the need for speed, a highly visible and bright impact color makes it so much harder to exploit the power without drawing attention from Johnny Law. In addition to the dull Alloy color, I'm going to leave the exhaust stock (go too loud, and Johnny Law is on to ya), and I'm going to put the V6 fender emblems (running horse) in place of the GT emblems to further the "sleeper" look.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 7 2007, 12:17 PM) 85858[/snapback]

Alloy isn't just the fastest, but it goes undetected so easily (a good radar detector doesn't hurt, too!). For those of us with the need for speed, a highly visible and bright impact color makes it so much harder to exploit the power without drawing attention from Johnny Law. In addition to the dull Alloy color, I'm going to leave the exhaust stock (go too loud, and Johnny Law is on to ya), and I'm going to put the V6 fender emblems (running horse) in place of the GT emblems to further the "sleeper" look.

I think MM has a Pinto body shell you could slide onto your frame for the ultimate sleeper look. :hysterical:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 7 2007, 07:42 PM) 86011[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Oh, I've already had a Pinto-Mustang: My very first car when I was 16 was a 1975 Mustang Mach 1.

:redcard: Pinto- Mustang? I liked those cars! :rant:

:hysterical2:

Those were what Charlies Angels drove. Very sexy. :wub:

I think with the Cobra's they are only Red or Black...I'll check....

....Black, Beige, Tan or Red

My interior is dark Charcoal....is that black. I am sure it is but do you know. I need to order matts.

You mean the cars or the Angels? :unsure:

Both.

:baby: V :baby:

I went for looks as well as functionality. It is a 4 piece set.

I am going to order a set. I need to check with Dave 1st.

Dave, What are you doing for mats.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 5 2007, 05:20 PM) 85100[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Rob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your GT500 is built the week of 1/15, then you'll get your car in mid February - my best guess would be the week of 2/19. The Ford order system may show you the week of 2/5, but that is just a standard approximate calculation based on a normal car order. The GT500, however, has to go across the street to Woodhaven for stripes which adds about 2 more weeks to the process. The Ford order system somehow does not catch this. All three of the GT500's we've already received worked out this way, and #4 has already been built, shows an ETA of 1/02 (this week) per the Ford order system, but it's still in Woodhaven awaiting stripes then shipment to us, as well.

Sorry, my friend! Big party at your place after Valentine's Day, though!

Five Oh,

Today when I got to work there was a fax for me saying an ETA of 1/29. When I called CS they said ETA of 2/5. The 2 sources of info seem to vary by 1 week consistantly. It is only off a week, but my question is: Which is more accurate, CS or the dealer print outs ?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 5 2007, 05:20 PM) 85100[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Rob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your GT500 is built the week of 1/15, then you'll get your car in mid February - my best guess would be the week of 2/19. The Ford order system may show you the week of 2/5, but that is just a standard approximate calculation based on a normal car order. The GT500, however, has to go across the street to Woodhaven for stripes which adds about 2 more weeks to the process. The Ford order system somehow does not catch this. All three of the GT500's we've already received worked out this way, and #4 has already been built, shows an ETA of 1/02 (this week) per the Ford order system, but it's still in Woodhaven awaiting stripes then shipment to us, as well.

Sorry, my friend! Big party at your place after Valentine's Day, though!

Five Oh,

Today when I got to work there was a fax for me saying an ETA of 1/29. When I called CS they said ETA of 1/5. The 2 sources of info seem to vary by 1 week consistantly. It is only off a week, but my question is: Which is more accurate, CS or the dealer print outs ?

Rob, I think you mean 2/5...not 1/5...right?

I think your dealer printouts come from the same system as CS. The reason they may be different is that I think the CS system updates more frequently. Just remember...there was a time in my process that they showed my car as released from plant BEFORE it was even bucked. Don't put too much faith in the systems.

Dave

Rob, I think you mean 2/5...not 1/5...right?

I think your dealer printouts come from the same system as CS. The reason they may be different is that I think the CS system updates more frequently. Just remember...there was a time in my process that they showed my car as released from plant BEFORE it was even bucked. Don't put too much faith in the systems.

Dave

Yep, I mean 2/5.

I know the car will not get here till mid or late Feb. I was just wondering why the 2 reports are allways different. No biggie.

Yep, I mean 2/5.

I know the car will not get here till mid or late Feb. I was just wondering why the 2 reports are allways different. No biggie.

Yes, what Dave said.

On a side note, our 4th GT500 had an ETA per our reports as 1/02/07 for the last several weeks. I just checked the order system this morning and it now shows that the car was loaded onto a train on 1/06/07 and has an ETA to the dealership of 1/21/07. I actually believe this ETA as it is based on the car being fully complete and actually on a train now. Ultimately, this means our 4th GT500 will be here 19 days later than Ford's original ETA suggested.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 9 2007, 09:52 AM) 86875[/snapback]

Yes, what Dave said.

On a side note, our 4th GT500 had an ETA per our reports as 1/02/07 for the last several weeks. I just checked the order system this morning and it now shows that the car was loaded onto a train on 1/06/07 and has an ETA to the dealership of 1/21/07. I actually believe this ETA as it is based on the car being fully complete and actually on a train now. Ultimately, this means our 4th GT500 will be here 19 days later than Ford's original ETA suggested.

Thanks 5-Oh,

I have mentally prepared myself for the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. I appreciate the info you have provided, it has helped me get ready for the final delivery date.

Thanks 5-Oh,

I have mentally prepared myself for the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. I appreciate the info you have provided, it has helped me get ready for the final delivery date.

You know, Rob, I can't wait until your GT500 arrives so I can make it a point to visit beautiful Battleground, WA.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 9 2007, 09:52 AM) 86875[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Yes, what Dave said.

Thanks 5-Oh,

Rob, what does CS say is your status as of today?

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 9 2007, 07:10 PM) 87101[/snapback]

You know, Rob, I can't wait until your GT500 arrives so I can make it a point to visit beautiful Battleground, WA.

This week end I am hooking up with putmando to see his new GT500. The weather is suppose to be clear and nice. He lives close to me and I think it will be time for a photo Op with our GT/CS and his GT500. I hope the weather holds. I have never ridden in a GT500, so it is going to be fun for me to really check out his car. I have seen one at a dealership, but that is it.

We will plan on getting together for lunch and the farmers market soon.

Rob

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 9 2007, 07:10 PM) 87101[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

This week end I am hooking up with putmando to see his new GT500. The weather is suppose to be clear and nice. He lives close to me and I think it will be time for a photo Op with our GT/CS and his GT500. I hope the weather holds. I have never ridden in a GT500, so it is going to be fun for me to really check out his car. I have seen one at a dealership, but that is it.

We will plan on getting together for lunch and the farmers market soon.

Rob

Rob, let me give you some advice for your first ride. Sit in the seat backwards...facing the rear of the car. When he accelerates, try to breathe with your face pressed into the leather. If you pass out because you can't get any air, then it's a GT500. Otherwise, it may be a V6 car. :redcard:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Say hi to putnamdo for me...I don't know him well...but say hi anyway.

Dave

Well, today was the day :yahoo: . I have been looking & calling for 2 months to try to get a car and a rock solid contract. I was going to waite for the 07 GT Shelby, or the 08 Bullitt, but I got a call from a small dealer in St. Helens (yes thats the mountian that blew) that I have been speaking with for over a month. They are getting 1 car. The order is in the "order bank" and on "material hold". They have been told that they will get the car no later then March. I put 5K down, and got a good contract that they also signed. I got a copy of the order too. I had them write all kinds of stuff on the contract that I learned from you guys. I had them sign all the write ins also. The fleet guy Ken was great - thanks ken. The 07 GT/CS is wifeys car, and she is very happy with it. The GT500 has been ordered with all options and Red with the white stripes. I need to decide what color I really want. I might just stick with the Red. I know you all are wondering :unsure: about the ADM. It was 15K. The car is worth it to me B) , and I plan on keeping the car till I can't drive it anymore. The wait now begins.

Good for you

it's worth every minute of wait and every penny you are willing to spend :banvictory:

Archived