TEAM SHELBY FORUM

North Korea Threatens to Turn South Korea Into 'Debris'

Guest markham51
You guys need to calm down...this is typical Kim Jong Il rhetoric that pops up every now and then. We may see a regime change over there soon enough!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/10/2...html#cnnSTCText

+1

He has been rumoured to be ill (even dead). I think it is just their way of showing he is still in power.

That's not to say he is not dangerous, but he has no option but to rattle his sabre every once in a while to get attention, that is his only weapon really. If push comes to shove, the Chinese could/would take him out in a minute if they had to. NC has China on their northern border. A war in their sector is just to close for comfort and I think all it would take would be some massing of troops on the North Korean border and things would dry up really quickly. In the mean time, NK will continue to play their games as the people starve. Sooner or later things will change because of this, they always do.

The biggest threat is not of war in my opinion, it is their willingness to export nuclear technology and weapons/missles etc. That's very hard to stop and personally I would be more concerned about that issue vs out and out war.

You guys need to calm down...this is typical Kim Jong Il rhetoric that pops up every now and then. We may see a regime change over there soon enough!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/10/2...html#cnnSTCText

I, for one, am calm because I see these threats come out every time North Korea wants attention. Perhaps we should bribe them again like Clinton did?

So you are unable to substantiate your remark. That's what I thought: you're just spewing crap.

Who is not guilty of spewing :censored: in these Political Topic Threads??????????????????

I want names :censored: it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

O ya, the correct answer is the members that don't post...................... :rolleyes:

Who is not guilty of spewing :censored: in these Political Topic Threads??????????????????

I want names :censored: it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

O ya, the correct answer is the members that don't post...................... :rolleyes:

So if people say something that you don't agree with it's crap?

I've noticed that you make comments without providing any support for them - at least I cannot recall a time where you have. Then when I request it you still can't do it. That says a lot about you my friend.

So if people say something that you don't agree with it's crap?

I've noticed that you make comments without providing any support for them - at least I cannot recall a time where you have. Then when I request it you still can't do it. That says a lot about you my friend.

Well as long as we are friends it's all good..................... ;)

:hysterical:

Even though Sadam was the Evil Dictator he was following the UN guidelines and searches to the UNs

satisfaction.............It was the GW Bush Administration and Their information that Duped Congress

into allowing us to go to War in Iraq against the majority of UN approval................

Bush will go down in History as starting this War without Allies..........Except Britain but where

are they now?????????????????

Some people may not see Bush as a smart one but it happened that am among the few that think he is.

as much as i regret the war in Iraq and the civilian loss and destruction that inflicted on this country. I think Bush's admin had a strategic goal which is preventing the russians and china from getting too close to the oil in the gulf. and that is an important goal. china is an uprising industrial giant and they need oil. like a dry sponge that wants to get in the water ...if they get what they want they will impose a significant danger on our future. look how they behave and how the are backing up with the russians the nuts that are trying to get nukes in Iran and how they are showing significant presence in Sudan, not to skip the support to Korea which is the subject of this thread, so their intention is obvious and they are not shy from showing it. so Bush has a point. the only thing i regret and will never endorse is the civilians being the price....like the old say...when elephants fight it is the grass that suffer.

Guest markham51
Some people may not see Bush as a smart one but it happened that am among the few that think he is.

as much as i regret the war in Iraq and the civilian loss and destruction that inflicted on this country. I think Bush's admin had a strategic goal which is preventing the russians and china from getting too close to the oil in the gulf. and that is an important goal. china is an uprising industrial giant and they need oil. like a dry sponge that wants to get in the water ...if they get what they want they will impose a significant danger on our future. look how they behave and how the are backing up with the russians the nuts that are trying to get nukes in Iran and how they are showing significant presence in Sudan, not to skip the support to Korea which is the subject of this thread, so their intention is obvious and they are not shy from showing it. so Bush has a point. the only thing i regret and will never endorse is the civilians being the price....like the old say...when elephants fight it is the grass that suffer.

Russia has way more oil than it needs, it is one of the worlds largest exporters. China needs oil but has the money to buy it. America needs oil and Bush/Cheney are going to make sure their biggest supporters Exxon, Shell, Chevron etc will get the lions share of Iraqi oil production despite the fact that the Iraqis want to keep the industry nationalized. The big question here is...will the average Americans benefit or just big oil (Exxon, Shell, Chevron etc). Only time will tell. If the Iraqis can't control world prices (and they can't), and oil essentially goes to the highest bidder I can't see how the American public at large are better off near term. Time will tell I guess.

I will agree that with Saddam gone and things looking up re civil unrest.... more Iraqi oil will likely come onto world markets over time than had previously been the case pre US invasion/liberation. It also stands to reason that at least in the near to mid term American influence will be such that Iraq will be a secure supplier which will help leverage other relationships (and supply) in the area.

The US economy runs on oil...I wish I had more Exxon shares right now.

I also agree that Bush/Cheney are "smart" when it comes to lining the pockets of their Corporate friends although I am not sure that is what you were referring to. Republicans principles assert that what is good for American companies is good for Americans (trickle down) and in a perfec world that is true. I choose not to believe the Iraq war was not fought for the economics of it given the horrible cost to the military and innocent lives in Iraq. I do believe however that there is a "to the victor goes the spoils" mentality and those best positioned "lobbyist wise" reap the greatest rewards.

Russia has way more oil than it needs, it is one of the worlds largest exporters. China needs oil but has the money to buy it. America needs oil and Bush/Cheney are going to make sure their biggest supporters Exxon, Shell, Chevron etc will get the lions share of Iraqi oil production despite the fact that the Iraqis want to keep the industry nationalized. The big question here is...will the average Americans benefit or just big oil (Exxon, Shell, Chevron etc). Only time will tell. If the Iraqis can't control world prices (and they can't), and oil essentially goes to the highest bidder I can't see how the American public at large are better off near term. Time will tell I guess.

I will agree that with Saddam gone and things looking up re civil unrest.... more Iraqi oil will likely come onto world markets over time than had previously been the case pre US invasion/liberation. It also stands to reason that at least in the near to mid term American influence will be such that Iraq will be a secure supplier which will help leverage other relationships (and supply) in the area.

I also agree that Bush/Cheney are "smart" when it comes to lining the pockets of their Corporate friends although I am not sure that is what you were referring to. Republicans principles assert that what is good for American companies is good for Americans (trickle down) and in a perfec world that is true. I choose not to believe the Iraq war was not fought for the economics of it given the horrible cost to the military and innocent lives in Iraq. I do believe however that there is a "to the victor goes the spoils" mentality and those best positioned "lobbyist wise" reap the greatest rewards.

Good post.

the largest oil reserves are in the gulf and iraq and not in Russia...you can check those facts and i have no intention of finding the links to the info resources but it should be available on the net. so no matter how you look at it who ever controls the gulf will have the upper hand. it is a strategic area and that is a common knowledge.

if you can control the out put of the pipes in the gulf then it does not matter if China will pay and how much they will pay they simply will not get what they want....and that is how you can curb the appetite of that giant (may be that is why they are now involved in the oil searching in SUDAN...they need it bad). and that what Bush did when he controlled Iraq...still out of the control is the difficult number in the equation...IRAN...unfortunately not only they can impose risk on the ships leaving the gulf if things escalate but also they have a large reserve of oil and gas that china is entertaining (remember the project of gas pipes that were supposed to run from Iran to europe and to pakistan to the ocean where china can access it easily) and that is part of why they are backing them up on defying US and the world on their nuclear program.

I think it is beyond Bush benefiting from the situation ...it is far from that...that is a strategic interest that US is trying to assert.

I do consider the vast majority of members on this sight as friends. I do not use that term lightly. I trust my friends to tell me the truth.

I am glad you did not use the term "friend" lightly toward me..........

Thank you my friend, and I promise to post my opinion of the truth, good or bad........... :)

Archived