TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stolen Shelby!

SteelSteeds

Some of the other locals might have heard this already, but I was told by a coworker that a "Shelby like mine" had been stolen from a local dealership. I did a quick search, and it was a new 2008 Shelby GT that was taken from Vancouver Ford sometime during the wee hours of Wednesday morning. It is a 5 speed coupe, blue with the silver stripes, and had no plates when it was stolen, just a dealership tag.

The thieves had apparently visited the dealership the previous day, as employees found the keys to the vehicle missing upon closing Tuesday night. In order to protect the vehicle, it was placed in a gated area and the gate locked. The thieves used a vehicle to ram the gate, breaking it down and clearing the way for them to make off with the Shelby. There were no witnesses to the theft.

Anyone with information should call the Vancouver Police Department, and reference Case #V08-20004.

Yes, it's true. Details of the theft was posted by another TS member here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=553548

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the other locals might have heard this already, but I was told by a coworker that a "Shelby like mine" had been stolen from a local dealership. I did a quick search, and it was a new 2008 Shelby GT that was taken from Vancouver Ford sometime during the wee hours of Wednesday morning. It is a 5 speed coupe, blue with the silver stripes, and had no plates when it was stolen, just a dealership tag.

The thieves had apparently visited the dealership the previous day, as employees found the keys to the vehicle missing upon closing Tuesday night. In order to protect the vehicle, it was placed in a gated area and the gate locked. The thieves used a vehicle to ram the gate, breaking it down and clearing the way for them to make off with the Shelby. There were no witnesses to the theft.

Anyone with information should call the Vancouver Police Department, and reference Case #V08-20004.

Lance,

They recovered the car. I saw it at the dealership today. It looks great too.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=565135

• 6 months later...

Never fear the "APB Shelby GT" is now in good hands-

The dealership wasn't shy about telling me it had been stolen off there lot.. That just encouraged me to look the car over that much more. SGT#0527 and I should get along just fine, since I drive it like I stole it myself.

FYI... They got a replacement Ford window sticker and provided me with a brand new Shelby sticker still in the envelope and now in my file cabinet....

Never fear the "APB Shelby GT" is now in good hands-

The dealership wasn't shy about telling me it had been stolen off there lot.. That just encouraged me to look the car over that much more. SGT#0527 and I should get along just fine, since I drive it like I stole it myself.

FYI... They got a replacement Ford window sticker and provided me with a brand new Shelby sticker still in the envelope and now in my file cabinet....

Congrats on your New Shelby!

Boo-Hiss on the front plate bracket.......sorry! :cry:

Congrats on your New Shelby!

Boo-Hiss on the front plate bracket.......sorry! :cry:

The front plate brkt is already off the car!!!

I worked a new complete stripe kit into the deal, so I can have the holes filled and new stripes applied by my buddies shop along with a 3m clear bra on the nose, all for $750-

Inquiring minds want to know the details of how they got it back and what condition was it in? I sure hope they caught the SOB

They drove it a 1.5 miles away, parked it next to someones house and thru a cover over it / one of his so called buddies called the dealership asking about a reward for the return- they said sure- then everyone was busted.... more proof of the brain damage that meth does= what dumb :censored: 's

Here is the recovery article:

Stolen Ford Mustang recovered - 10/25/08

Stolen Ford Mustang "Shelby GT" that was recently stolen out of parking lot of "Vancouver Ford" car dealership in Vancouver, has been recovered during morning hours of 10/24/08.

rec20shelby.jpg

The vehicle was recovered from the area of Andresen Rd / Vancouver Mall Dr in Vancouver by Clark County Sherrif's Deputies, following an anonymous tip from a citizen. No arrests have been made in relation to the recovery, however "Possession of Stolen Property" charges were filed on two adult male residents of Vancouver. One of the suspects was arrested for unrelated charges, which included possession of methamphetamine and a probation violation.

As a result of the original press release, investigators received tips from several concerned citizens. On behalf of Vancouver Police Department, I would like to thank Clark County Sheriffs' Office, the media and the public for assistance with this case.

Officer Ilia Botvinnik, VPD

Imagine if they had actually known what they were doing...

Some people? Get away.

BTW....this 2008 SGT is still for sale at Vancouver Ford. They also have a 2007 SGT. Both are going for dirt cheap and they still can't sell them.

The store is in my neck of the woods.

They drove it a 1.5 miles away, parked it next to someones house and thru a cover over it / one of his so called buddies called the dealership asking about a reward for the return- they said sure- then everyone was busted.... more proof of the brain damage that meth does= what dumb :censored: 's

Here is the recovery article:

Stolen Ford Mustang recovered - 10/25/08

Stolen Ford Mustang "Shelby GT" that was recently stolen out of parking lot of "Vancouver Ford" car dealership in Vancouver, has been recovered during morning hours of 10/24/08.

rec20shelby.jpg

The vehicle was recovered from the area of Andresen Rd / Vancouver Mall Dr in Vancouver by Clark County Sherrif's Deputies, following an anonymous tip from a citizen. No arrests have been made in relation to the recovery, however "Possession of Stolen Property" charges were filed on two adult male residents of Vancouver. One of the suspects was arrested for unrelated charges, which included possession of methamphetamine and a probation violation.

As a result of the original press release, investigators received tips from several concerned citizens. On behalf of Vancouver Police Department, I would like to thank Clark County Sheriffs' Office, the media and the public for assistance with this case.

Officer Ilia Botvinnik, VPD

Are you the new owner of the stolen SGT ?

Are you the new owner of the stolen SGT ?

As noted in post #7

I took delivery of the '08 Vista Blue on May 10th, the '07 Black SGT sold the following weekend.

See you on Saturday :shift:

• 3 years later...

Thanks- been a geat 4 years, lots of great events and wonderful people-

It will be nice to have it paid off soon-

Still drive it like I stole it but I take very good care at the same time. :)

The weirdness continues with this car-

May 10th is a historic date in Shelby history and my SGT

Thanks to my wife I purchased this SGT from the dealership on May 10, 2009

Thanks to the previous owner of my Shelby blue enclosed car trailer, he forced me to take delivery during the week instead of waiting until the weekend like I wanted.

That day just happen to be the day Carroll passed away May 10, 2012

I didn't really put it together until I had to renew the tabs recently for the trailer.

Makes one wonder :headscratch:

Is it a sign that I better keep this one?

-------------------------

Archived