TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss Mustang Forum Closed - Boss Dead

MustangFanatic

Looks like the separate Boss Mustang Forum has been closed.

As discussed previously, all indicators are that a new Boss 302 Mustang is not in the cards for Ford. :cry: Given the circumstances, we'll be lucky if Ford survives this latest meltdown to produce any Mustangs.

Whlle your not getting a motor named "Boss", the 2011 Mustang WILL GET the 400 hp, 5.0L V8, 6-speed combo as an option! It just won't be called a Boss 302 thats all.

10:4 ;-)

Ford media announced the "Power Dome" hood today for the 2010 mustang via Ford Media, but when you click the link it goes to a page with just the same words as in the e-mail ... no additional words or pics :doh: That seemed ominous. I'd bet it's 'Boss' hood in the pic that was leaked a few months ago. At least now we get a volume build (in the GT) at a must-be-competitive price. Doing the GT at 400HP (based on GM's V6 swaperoo and SS package pressures?) has worked out good for the mustang community but it would seem has forced Ford to either go 'tape & sticker' or not use the name BOSS for now on a mustang. I think they did the right thing since it leaves the door open in the future ...if we should be so lucky that the economy recovers and moist-air isn't decalred a polutant :hysterical:

10:4 ;-)

Ford media announced the "Power Dome" hood today for the 2010 mustang via Ford Media, but when you click the link it goes to a page with just the same words as in the e-mail ... no additional words or pics :doh: That seemed ominous. I'd bet it's 'Boss' hood in the pic that was leaked a few months ago. At least now we get a volume build (in the GT) at a must-be-competitive price. Doing the GT at 400HP (based on GM's V6 swaperoo and SS package pressures?) has worked out good for the mustang community but it would seem has forced Ford to either go 'tape & sticker' or not use the name BOSS for now on a mustang. I think they did the right thing since it leaves the door open in the future ...if we should be so lucky that the economy recovers and moist-air isn't decalred a polutant :hysterical:

I do not want to see the Boss forum close but I guess I will have to seek another site to see good Mustang news etc.

Definitely looking forward to a 5.0L 400 hp GT (however a Boss 302 would have been spectacular :happy feet: ) Suppose I'll be buying a '11 GT with the 5.0L and making my own!

1970Boss302 just to be clear this forum is still open, it just seems the separate Boss Forum has been closed.

Waitin' 'till '11, huh?

They start pushing 'em down Flat Rock in January, I think ...I bet the GT gets that hood too :) What's wonderful about these cars is that there's so much in the aftermarket to tailor the suspension, etc. I wonder if Ford will take the 'Boss' pieces and make them available thru FRP -- wonder if a forged long-block with an affordable 5.0DOHC intake will pop-up at FRP ...when the bow-tie 6.2 pony arrives? Hard to keep up with Ford's plan changes without a scorecard! Sheesh! ;)

Agreed Dan, sounds like the Coyote will be a real screamer - not quite sure I believe that the engine will come from the factory with 11:1 compression but would certainly welcome it :happy feet:

Definitely need to finish up my '86 project coupe so I can begin planning for my '11 GT Boss Project :woohoo:

Agreed Dan, sounds like the Coyote will be a real screamer - not quite sure I believe that the engine will come from the factory with 11:1 compression but would certainly welcome it :happy feet:

Definitely need to finish up my '86 project coupe so I can begin planning for my '11 GT Boss Project :woohoo:

...sounds like a plan! :happy feet:

...11:1 is a nice way to get higher volumetric efficiency and mileage and with TiVCT I think it's realistic. Dunno if that's what it will be, but Ford has been doing high-comoression TiVCTin Europe for 4 years now, so might be accurate. I like the 7000 rpm too :) ...just sounds like a sweet l'il fun NA motor ;)

Archived