TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby to appear at Quantum Performance's "Team Shelby" 1st Annual Texas Roundup

TRT 0403

modshops.jpg

Automobile legend Carroll Shelby will appear at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology as part of the Team Shelby Texas Roundup sponsored by Quantum Performance, an Authorized Shelby Mod Shop on October 25, 2008. The event, which will begin at Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch, will feature a rally that ends at Northeast Texas Community College for a car show that will be free for the public.

“Northeast Texas Community College has put together a wonderful automotive technical program that gives young people the skills they need to be successful in the automobile industry,” said Mr. Shelby. “I encourage everyone to join me at the ribbon cutting ceremony to support a scholarship program that can really make a difference in the lives of those students.”

The event is sanctioned by Team Shelby, the factory authorized club for Shelby enthusiasts. Only 100 cars Shelby car or Ford powered vehicles can be part of the drive. The rally is expected to include cars such as the Cobra, Shelby Mustang, Series 1 and GL-H, Ford GT, Falcon, Mustang, Pantera and Tiger.

“We want to help Mr. Shelby teach young people how build a better life,” stated Kenny Northum, managing partner. “That’s why the rally fee will include a $50 donation to the scholarship fund for the Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology. We’ll meet the legend himself and tour the beautiful back roads of East Texas while helping kids get an education.”

The Team Shelby Texas Roundup will begin at Quantum Performance at 7:30 AM on October 25; it will end at NTCC in Mount Pleasant at about 11 AM for the show. The college will conduct a ribbon cutting ceremony at approximately 1 PM. The rally fee includes lunch, a goody bag, donation to the scholarship fund and rally participation. Information is available at www.quantum-perf.com.

About Quantum Performance

Located at 13700 Diplomat Drive in Farmers Branch, Texas, Quantum Performance specializes in the professional maintenance, repair, and modification of Classic, Muscle and Custom vehicles. The company’s team of technicians offers extensive mechanical experience and has proven track record working on many of today’s prized collections. Visit www.quantum-perf.com for more information.

This post has been edited by Team Shelby.

The weather is forecast is looking great for Saturday - low 70's with plenty of sunshine!!! Looks like a great day for a drive in east Texas!

Assuming that Carroll Shelby will be signing autographs, some questions come to mind that I do not know the answer to...

Where on the GT500 does he typically sign?

What kind of pen should I bring? Or maybe he brings pens?

How much are autographs?

Thanks!

The weather is forecast is looking great for Saturday - low 70's with plenty of sunshine!!! Looks like a great day for a drive in east Texas!

Assuming that Carroll Shelby will be signing autographs, some questions come to mind that I do not know the answer to...

Where on the GT500 does he typically sign?

What kind of pen should I bring? Or maybe he brings pens?

How much are autographs?

Thanks!

In Terlingua most people were having him sign on the air bag cover or the plate right above it. Other spots were on the plate between the air vents in the middle of the dash, on the visor mirror cover. Also on the dash board and some on the hood. I'm sure other people have some differents ideas as well.

Carroll had lots of pens in various colors.

If you send a car part to his children's foundation for an autograph, the price is $250. But, I haven't seen any confirmation that he will be signing autographs for this event or what donation would be requested if he does. You might want to ask Quantum.

See you there

I'd like to have him sign the roof, just over the driver's door. Silver paint pen. Would be great if he was signing autographs, and yes the donation to his charity is fine, just hope he is up to it that day. Would really be neat if he drove in the drive from Dallas in one of his cars with the group....

Anybody else going to the Quantum-Performance First Annual Texas Round Up Drive on the 25th?

http://www.quantum-perf.com/images/RoundUp2008_A.jpg

Starts at the Quantum shop at 7:00am with a drive to Pittsburg, Tx.

Benefits the Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology

Carroll will be there for the ribbon cutting ceremony

Lots of fun if you can make it.

I'm supposed to be spreading aggregate in a driveway Saturday but if I can reschedule and there is still an open space, count me in!

I'm supposed to be spreading aggregate in a driveway Saturday but if I can reschedule and there is still an open space, count me in!

It will definitely be more fun than spreading aggregate and I understand there is still plenty of space.

See you there!!!

Assuming CS will be autographing, it it $250 per signature for car parts?

I was hoping to get him to sign the air bag cover but I also read somewhere that due to his age he no longer gets in the cars. Anyone know if that is that true?

Yes its true. There are times he will still sit in your car to autograph it but I wouldn't count on it. Best bet is to remove your air bag cover and bring it inside with you.

Steve

Yes its true. There are times he will still sit in your car to autograph it but I wouldn't count on it. Best bet is to remove your air bag cover and bring it inside with you.

Steve

Thanks Steve. May have to pull a visor instead.

What do ya'll think of signing the radiator cover? Think it will get too hot in there?

My plans are to be at QP at 7 AM, then caravan to the Pittsburg=Mt. Pleasant area. Yesterday Mike of QP told me there were 20 tickets left.

I too would be interested in how hard it is to remove that airbag plate???? Anyone know?

See yall there! Can't wait to see this line fine cars riding all the way to Pittsburg! If CS makes the ride it would be icing on the cake!!

08 Gt-500 Red/Whites Stripes ....Stock and loaded!

post-19356-1224864122_thumb.jpg

post-19356-1224864122_thumb.jpg

I too would be interested in how hard it is to remove that airbag plate???? Anyone know?

See yall there! Can't wait to see this line fine cars riding all the way to Pittsburg! If CS makes the ride it would be icing on the cake!!

I'd like to know as well. Anyone? I forgot to ask while at Quantum.

Archived