TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Cobra concept car?

kahmann

Yeah, that was on a show called RIDES. It is a great looking car. I liked it but I heard that some people weren't impressed so it never made it to production.

If you bid on it, that was a great show. I think this Shelby episode was the first episode for that show.

Adam

Yeah, that was on a show called RIDES. It is a great looking car. I liked it but I heard that some people weren't impressed so it never made it to production.

If you bid on it, that was a great show. I think this Shelby episode was the first episode for that show.

Adam

Very cool! I wonder how this thing slipped under my radar?

Well I just ordered the DVD, so hopefully I'll be educated here in no time. ;)

I just ran across this on eBay and was wondering if anyone had ever seen this before.

It's a DVD for a NEW Shelby Cobra concept car, made in 2005?? I never heard a word about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-CARROLL-SHELBY-FO...1QQcmdZViewItem

That is the car that was in the new Triple X movie that they had running down a railroad track to catch a high speed train that the president was being kidnapped in....yeah, right...

The car was also at Shelby's Birthday Bash in January. They even took it out on the track. It was built in 2004 by Ford as a concept and made the rounds at the auto shows that year. The Rides DVD about the car is pretty good.

post-3252-1224555857_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1224555872_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1224556107_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1224555857_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1224555872_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1224556107_thumb.jpg

The car was also at Shelby's Birthday Bash in January. They even took it out on the track. It was built in 2004 by Ford as a concept and made the rounds at the auto shows that year. The Rides DVD about the car is pretty good.

maybe this will be built with the new 6 cylinder eco-boost engine :shift:

I just ran across this on eBay and was wondering if anyone had ever seen this before.

It's a DVD for a NEW Shelby Cobra concept car, made in 2005?? I never heard a word about it.

Kahmann,

Both the new Cobra and the GR-1 were displayed for the Ford GT owners group when the Ford Motor Company hosted us in Dearborn Michigan two and a half years ago. The GR-1 (a modern take on the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe) was enthusiastically received, the new Cobra was not.

Jamal Hameedi (chief engineer of Ford SVT) brought both of them to our third annual Ford GT rally that was held a month ago at Shelby's facility in Las Vegas. He took the new little Cobra out onto the track and mixed it up with the Ford GTs. He even let a couple of the Ford GT owners sample it.

I would kill for the opportunity to purchase the GR-1 as I consider it to be one of the most beautiful automobiles I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the last thing the Ford Motor Company is concerned about right now is building another supercar. The Ford GT is the last supercar that Ford will build for some time as they concentrate on the core volume cars necessary to the company's survival. When better times return, I hope they revisit that beautiful GR-1.

Here's a picture of my Ford GT # 589 parked next to both the new Cobra and the GR-1, and a couple photos of me sitting in both cars. It was a fun day.

Chip

post-12804-1224641075_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641280_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641289_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641296_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641075_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641280_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641289_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224641296_thumb.jpg

I would kill for the opportunity to purchase the GR-1 as I consider it to be one of the most beautiful automobiles I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the last thing the Ford Motor Company is concerned about right now is building another supercar. The Ford GT is the last supercar that Ford will build for some time as they concentrate on the core volume cars necessary to the company's survival. When better times return, I hope they revisit that beautiful GR-1.

Chip

+1m on the GR-1

I've got that DVD as well, it's a good episode. As far as looks the GR-1 gets it for me, but the Cobra concept is probably one of my favorite cars of all time... and they never made either of them :banghead:. But, like people have said, Ford's priority right now isn't a super car, its staying afloat...

Archived