TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oops. I broke one again :sad:

SPRSNK

Had to leave the Terlingua at the track today. :cry: The idiot light came on and the car went into gimp mode. Added some water to it, checked the oil, went back out. Warm up lap, started the second lap, no more than 1/5th of a mile into the lap, gimp mode again. I gave up, limped it back into the paddock and left it there until I can get back there with my code reader and see what code it's throwing up. Had to have my wife drive down and pick me up.

On the fun side of it, it sounds like a good excuse to take the vert down and track it again :shift:

You know that little yellow V6 isn't worth it, you just need to let me hang on to it for you. I promise I won't break it. I'll even let you keep my straps in trade.....

:hysterical:

Nice try! :hysterical: That little V6 is worth every little bit of trouble. It's just getting the kinks worked out and the car broken in and not broken.

I hope you get everything worked out keep us up on what happened.

On good news I got to take my car out last night for the first time, WOW not only a great car to drive but I never had so many people stop me to ask about it.

Sharon

I hope you get everything worked out keep us up on what happened.

On good news I got to take my car out last night for the first time, WOW not only a great car to drive but I never had so many people stop me to ask about it.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I am thinking about a Terlingua, but don't want to drive around LA with a big yellow rabbit on the hood. It would be a stolen car within the month. Can I get the Terlingua package without all the graphics? Also, what is my option for a spare tire? I heard with the big brake package you can't put on the donut. I would hate to need to repair a flat and not have a spare to get me home.

thanks.

Hi Sharon,

I am thinking about a Terlingua, but don't want to drive around LA with a big yellow rabbit on the hood. It would be a stolen car within the month. Can I get the Terlingua package without all the graphics? Also, what is my option for a spare tire? I heard with the big brake package you can't put on the donut. I would hate to need to repair a flat and not have a spare to get me home.

thanks.

I am not sure that you can leave off the graphics. You would have to talk to Tasca or Quantum about that. I do know that you can get the silver bunny instead if you would like.

Also I do know that Robert is looking into what options there are for the spare tire.

I will let you know what we are going to do for our car to insure a spare as soon as we figure it out.

Sharon

Nice try! :hysterical: That little V6 is worth every little bit of trouble. It's just getting the kinks worked out and the car broken in and not broken.

You can't blame me, can you?

The more I look at the TRT Mustang the more I want one. I just can't justify another car (I have 10 now), and am totally out of garage space. I already need to sell my 68 Z28 to make room for CSX8025.

I'll get pics up tomorrow of the root of the evil. I had to trailer the Terlingua back home due to the unstability of what's going on now. One of the 4" rubber hoses for the CAI is too short by about an inch. The whole CAI falls off. We need to fabricate a bracket for the CAI where the filter is for some stability there as well as lengthen the one hose by an inch and I'm going to add on a second hose clamp to that end of hose.

While I sit here and type this, I can think of at least 2 other ways of going about fixing this more perm.

Ninja Screaming Baby Edit:

With the current setup, the CAI is held onto the car with a 1 bracket that you can't see in the picture. The hose I have circled there, that holds the rest of the CAI onto the car. Currently the CAI falling off, being sucked off, vibrating off (Pick one) while clamped onto the hose. Only one of those clamps in the circle hold the rest of the CAI onto the car. I keep finding the CAI hanging lose in the engine bay.

EngineBay-Terlingua.jpg

Oh yea...the no water in the radiator issue: clamp was loose and dripping water from the reservoir. No major breakage, just some growing pains.

DSC00468.jpg

Stock Terlingua CAI

DSC00469.jpg

Terlingua CAI Mounting Bracket. Once the CAI falls off right here, nothing is holding the CAI in place. The wiring harness for the MAF holds it in the engine bay.

DSC00467.jpg

The MAF wiring harness holding the CAI on after falling off the coupler.

DSC00470.jpg

Terlingua CAI with a 3rd clamp on it. I adjusted the coupler a bit to give me some more room on the other side to get the clamp on there. The coupler needs to be another inch longer. Now if I can just find that dumb piece of hose.

Also, My thought is to fashion a bracket that goes from around where the air filter is to the body of the car for stability. that 90 degree bend and the filter are not held on with anything. It just bounces in the engine bay.

You can't blame me, can you?

The more I look at the TRT Mustang the more I want one. I just can't justify another car (I have 10 now), and am totally out of garage space. I already need to sell my 68 Z28 to make room for CSX8025.

Hey John! We sure had a great time with you out there! You are too close to be a stranger! We should get together and terrorize your compadres in Seguin! :happy feet:

Hey John! We sure had a great time with you out there! You are too close to be a stranger! We should get together and terrorize your compadres in Seguin! :happy feet:

I second this motion :yup:

Archived