TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2005 and 2005 Boss Mustangs Available

newbossmustang

Shinoda and Ford Reach Agreement

For Immediate Release

May 25, 2005

Shinoda Performance Vehicles (SPV) and Ford Motor Company have reached an agreement giving Karen D. Shinoda ownership of the BOSS Shinoda trademark name. Details of the agreement are confidential. SPV is an independent company and is not affiliated or associated with Ford.

The BOSS Shinoda name is used by SPV on Ford Mustang aftermarket appearance and performance enhancements available in five different models of custom built BOSS Shinoda Mustang cars up to the awesome top of the line 600 hp "Stroker Edition." Individual components, such as graphics and spoilers, are also available. Details are at www.TeamShinoda.com.

The designs were originally penned by legendary car designer Larry Shinoda as aftermarket enhancements for the 1994 Mustang. Larry was Karen's father and designer of the '69 & '70 Ford Boss Mustangs and the Chevy Corvette Sting Ray, among others. Since Larry's passing in 1997 Karen, her husband Brian Flahive, and Jim Klok have kept the program going in his honor. That has required modifications to adapt to the changing Mustang body style. Luckily both Karen and Brian are designers and had worked with Larry for years on projects including the new BOSS Shinoda Mustang, Super Stallion Mustang, Firestone/Firehawk and NASCAR and Indy Car projects. Jim Klok worked with Larry on performance features and to coordinate production of the new BOSS Shinoda Mustang. Jim is SPV Program Manager for BOSS Shinoda cars.

BOSS Shinoda Mustangs are known for turning heads and for their exceptional style, performance and value especially when compared to other major Mustang aftermarket products. For more information visit www.TeamShinoda.com or call Jim Klok at Shinoda Performance Vehicles at 850-473-0000

post-2813-1137520986_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1137521062_thumb.jpg

So... Does this mean that Ford will NOT produce a Boss feature car, and that any car bearing a Boss name will only come from SPV? Or does it mean that SPV is working with Ford, and that SPV will sell kits or conversions of various designs and that there will be a full-fledged factory Boss of some type?

We are not at liberty to answer that question but for now the only Boss car out there is ours the pics above show the original vibe stripes for the late model mustang and the ones below are the modern hockey stick strips and the new c strips are comming soon. sorry for the crude photos just got back from a show in south florida

post-2813-1137607641_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1137607663_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1137607641_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1137607663_thumb.jpg

So... Does this mean that Ford will NOT produce a Boss feature car, and that any car bearing a Boss name will only come from SPV? Or does it mean that SPV is working with Ford, and that SPV will sell kits or conversions of various designs and that there will be a full-fledged factory Boss of some type?

i must say, if the only way i will be able to buy an 05+ boss mustang is to get it through shinoda, i'll just take a gt.

i think oyu're guys' stripe kits are kinda tacky, and it doesn't look very factory to me. Plus, shouldn't all the striping be flat black?

its nice that the boss name is staying alive, but it doesn't seem to me that the soul is there anymore.

since i am a 1969 Boss 302 owner, i want something comparable to that, a truely different car than a standard gt, not having to buy a gt, then have to spend extra money to turn it into a "boss".

maybe my opinion will change when you create the c style stripe, but as for the performance parts, they mostly seem to be bolt ons that i can do at home anyway.

i am not trying to flame like crazy, just voicing my honest opinion tht i have had since the original boss shinodas cam out in 94. and i feel that i am probably one of many that share the same opinion.

although the fact that you can not say whether there will be a factory boss or not at this point gives me a lot of hope that new boss is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont want your normal run of the mill mustang... The GT-500 well is honestly a little more than what I want, plus everyone is trying to get on. I like to be different. The Saleens are over priced for what you get... I dont need another car or mustang for that matter. I would like a car that I can afford that I dont want to mod (at first) and has a warrenty (one where i can take it into a ford dealership to have the work done... auterized dealerships like with Saleen is accept able. It just needs to be easy to have warrenty work done).

Honestly, The only Boss i would buy is that which is fully sanctioned and built at Ford/SVT. There should be more offered to a Boss model such as different engine possibilitys. Something with sheer grunt horse power and torque with out the assistance of a power adder. And a sticker/decal kit that does the Boss properly and it doesnt present itself as too gawdy in person. Thats just my two cents.

• 2 months later...

I totally agree. If you guys dont agree to let FORD make the car you will loose ALOT of money.

Thats the ONLY way I would buy one and I believe most people agree.

I think most people agree also that if it was from Ford as a product model that MANY people would buy them.

I was going to get a GT500 but I decided to wait because I want to save up more money to put down rather than make FAT monthly's.

A Boss in a year or two would be perfecto for me... But I want at least 400hp on that baby!

If you are smart .. you will let ford make it.

If you want the name to yourself only ... and want to make some money but not sell alot... dont allow ford to build it... which one sounds smarter? hrmmm

They should deffinetley with out a doubt make a BOSS. We have a gap between the GT and GT500 and the Boss would fill that gap perfectley and Mach 1 thrown in the mix be great. A 400 hp boss would be a perfect rival for the upcoming 400 hp Z28. This what I would do make a BOSS 302 from a stroked 4.6 with all the stuff like better suspension, handling, exc. Have a Mach 1 with the Aluminum 5.4 with a shaker hood scoop and some upgraded things here and there, keep the GT how it is, same thing with the GT500 but come out with a GT500kr with the Ford GT 550hp motor and make it all fiber glass body to make it light as possible. Then Ford as a company will be dominate in just about every category. From performance vechiles to trucks to economy hybrids just about everything will be in there favor.

400hp BOSS with NO supercharger in it.. like many have said.. keep it a light car.

and if people want to put a s/c in it later.. they can...

the GT500 is great but it did take some of the fun of modding your mustang out of the mix.

I would much rather have a 400hp car with no s/c. MUCH RATHER!

We know you can do it Ford...........

and like others said... keep it at 35k range..

the GT500 is the 40k car.. give us

400hp for 35k. .. then give us a Mach too.

Oh and one more thing.. leave the HUGGGGEE boss sticker off...go with something

a little less loud.. let the Boss be there... but my gosh.. dont decorate the whole

friggin door with it!

The goal for the Boss should make a minimum of 400 naturally aspirated HP, no Superchargers. In keeping with the original theme of the Boss 302, make the new Boss a high rpm, free revving, naturally aspirated V8 engine with roughly 5.0L of displacement. Not all Mustang performance enthusiasts want or desire a S/C engine, many of us love the performance and sound of a highly tuned non-boosted V8 pulling for a 7K redline. For me personally, I'd never S/C my Boss.

The curb weight has to be kept in check, we don't need a 4,000 Boss Mustang. I'd love for Ford to produce a 3,200 lbs Boss Mustang with a 5.0L V8, 6 spd manual trans and IRS with 14" 6 piston front discs and at least 12" rear discs. However, in order to keep the cost to around $35K, I'd settle for a 3,400 - 3,500 maximum weight. The maximum curb weight should be inclusive of all equipment, including a full load of fuel - none of this "Well, it weights 3,500 if you remove the spare, take out the rear seat and have only two gallons of gas in the tank" BS.

Regarding the styling, in particular the Boss stripes and Shaker hood. In both cases, they each should be options for those of us (myself included) who prefer a clean understated look as opposed to a "Hey, look at me!!" approach. Personally, I think Saleen executed the a near-perfect Boss Mustang with their PJ Mustang (sans the striping, numbers and exterior chrome)

Besides producing a Boss Mustang aimed at the road racing enthusiasts, Ford should also offer a Mach I aimed at the street/strip contingent. IMHO I think the Mach I is easier to develop given that most of the parts already exist. Offering the Mach I with a 5.4L 4V engine, either a 5 spd manual or Automatic transmission and a drag race oriented suspension would be relatively easy to produce without extensive R&D (think of a GT500 engine w/o the S/C). Just my $.02...bring on the Boss!!

Exactly to the both of you that is what im thinking. The only thing the Mach 1 yes to the 5.4 but it needs to have some kind of engine component that makes it a Mach 1 and not just a N/A GT500, like idk a special intake like on the cammer with duel 60mm throttle bodies with some other things that make It seperate from the Gt500. That would just take all the fun away if it was just a N/A Gt500 slap on a supercharger and u have a GT500 lol. I hope Ford has there spys reading are post lol.

Archived