TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Current Ebay Listings

500HP GT

I have been scanning Shelby listings on ebay again in recent days, and I can't help but notice that there are NO blue ones. Blue with white stripes, that is. Lots of red, white, and black, and even a few orange.

http://search.ebay.com/2007-shelby_W0QQfro...sopZ3QQsbrsrtZd

What's up? Thoughts?

This is more "bar stool," and quite less empirical, but is Blue the RARE color?

:sos:

I have been scanning Shelby listings on ebay again in recent days, and I can't help but notice that there are NO blue ones. Blue with white stripes, that is. Lots of red, white, and black, and even a few orange.

What's up? Thoughts?

what i find even more interesting than the absence of the color blue, is that on almost every car listed, there is consistantly DEALERS bidding the price of the listings higher. based on the bid history, it's not as if the few dealers involved are aggressively trying to buy the cars, as much as it looks like they are consistantly "goosing" the prices higher. the bid name i see most is "mallofgeorgiafordinternetsales." i wonder if anything is actually trading on ebay or if it's a coordinated effort to make it look like there is greater interest at inflated prices. again, who knows. where i come from, we call that "market manipulation." that is if it's coordinated. but who am i to say. maybe "mallofgeorgiafordinternetsales" has an insatiable appetite for cars 15k+ over list.

I noticed these too. Not only with them (Mall of Georgia) but if you look at bid history you see the same person bidding 3-5 times in a row so it shows a history of 5 bids and 5K over the starting price...yes still 10K under buy it now or what ever. I suppose if no one bites they will have to eventually sell it at a more reasonable price but clearly no one who is real would get into a bidding war with themselves...They should at least be smart enough to use multiple ID's for that little game.

Around color - I noticed the lack of Tungsten verts. I am split between Black and Tungsten but either way I won't see one soon since MSRP is my line in the sand. I have seen some owners with Blue but not many for sale with Blue for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, Mine is blue with the White stripes.

It looks awesome and heads turn. I have got 1967km's on it now and I am starting to put my foot into it.

This car is much faster than my 1970 Boss 429 ever was.

This car is amazing as you shift into fourth gear at 170km/hr. 5th gear at far exceeding speed limits and 6th gear, well I have not had enough road for that gear yet.

Doug

HI, Mine is blue with the White stripes.

It looks awesome and heads turn. I have got 1967km's on it now and I am starting to put my foot into it.

This car is much faster than my 1970 Boss 429 ever was.

This car is amazing as you shift into fourth gear at 170km/hr. 5th gear at far exceeding speed limits and 6th gear, well I have not had enough road for that gear yet.

Doug

My GT500 is vista blue with white stripes and it turns heads everywhere.It was my only choice. I had expected it to be more common and am suprised it's not. I live in raleigh, nc a relatively large area and of the ones sold around here( about 7 dealers ) only one other was blue and it did not stay in this area to the best of my knowledge

I ordred Vista Blue/White Strips as well. I should have it this week!!! :happy feet: :cheerleader: I have yet to even see a Shelby on the road?? I live in San Antonio, TX. Very large city and no Shelby's???

CW

I ordred Vista Blue/White Strips as well. I should have it this week!!! :happy feet: :cheerleader: I have yet to even see a Shelby on the road?? I live in San Antonio, TX. Very large city and no Shelby's???

CW

I have ordered a Vista Blue White Stripes...was suppose to get it last week, then this week, now week of the 9th....I'm going briggin Fatty...Originally wanted black with Tungsten...saw a blud one in a video clip and thought thats much better....

Cheers,

Requis

Dave...did you get triple X put on your plates :)

What's up? Thoughts?

This is more "bar stool," and quite less empirical, but is Blue the RARE color?

I have a blue with tungsten stripe car and I think it's quite striking. I liked the tungsten stripes because I felt like it blended with the car and was more subtle but don't get me wrong, the white stripes are just bitchin as well.

As far as price paid, my dealer sold me mine for MSRP because they felt that helping someone create a set of lifelong memories was more important than making a quick buck.

They all look good but the blue ismy favorite. I'll attach a pic below.

shelby_lo_res.jpg

shelby_lo_res.jpg

Archived