TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signature Preservation Advice

VorpalBunny

Advice please.

On Sunday of the great Terlingua event I was fornunate and lucky enough to have Carroll sign the airbag cover of my Terlingua Mustang - right next to the incredible fortune of having Bill Neale do the same on Friday of the event. These signatures mean an incredible amount to me.

Since that happy event, I have received varied and sometimes conflicting advice as to how and if to preserve these signatures with sprays, fixatives etc. Thus, I am looking for the advice of the many.

I was told that a fixative, matte finish, with UV was the way to go - and think that is likely the case. I am not doubting anyone! Just wanting more opinions because someone else then said what if the ink runs, etc be careful...

Thoughts??? I would like something that is not a spray if such a thing exists just because a spray is challenging - but will listen to the wisdom of those who know. I am seeking to keep fading, scratching etc and age from harming the signatures.

My thanks in advance,

Vorpal

I'm not a Krylon fan and I suck at spray painting (too impatient). I put too much on my signature and made it bleed :censored: (dash plaque, gt500). I'm not a fan of the plastics covers either. Like any plastics, they will crack, peel and look like ass after years.

All that being said, I'd find someone good with spray painting (if you aren't) and go the Krylon method.

Just as a suggestion for others, I had the people from the Saleen SSV assembly line and Saleen SpeedLab mod shop sign my trunk lid.

Makes it a bit easier to protect, but you really can't haul it around to stand in a signature line.

I may try to get Tasca's Mod Shop to do the same for our Terlingua.

P8260001.jpg

Just as a suggestion for others, I had the people from the Saleen SSV assembly line and Saleen SpeedLab mod shop sign my trunk lid.

Makes it a bit easier to protect, but you really can't haul it around to stand in a signature line.

I may try to get Tasca's Mod Shop to do the same for our Terlingua.

P8260001.jpg

Blip, what color are you sending up to Tasca?

Blip, what color are you sending up to Tasca?

Welp, I sort of have this thing for Grabber Orange, so the Terlingua will match our Saleen H281!

Here's both of them together. (Playing phone tag with Tasca, but hope to get the build

details/deposit worked out tomorrow or Monday.) :happy feet: :happy feet:

P5300057.jpg

Im not a fan of spraying it. Mine has been unprotected since day one and havent had any problems. Still looks just like it did when I got it. Only people in the passenger seat have been the wife and a few friends, who I always tell to be careful with it. I do like Mac's idea however.

Archived