TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Steering Wheel Logo Available?

Has anyone seen a Shelby steering wheel logo that would go on over the "regular mustang" piece that's at the center of the steering wheel? I'd love to replace that with something more "Shelby-esque!"

Not yet, because of a liablity issue with the airbags. Amy had stated something to the fact that they were researching but it did not seem like any action was to be taken. Many are interested and want this.

Has anyone tried fitting the trunk lock emblems (CS logo or Berg Cap) over the stock pony emblem on the steering wheel? It looks like it would cover it nicely because of the convex shape. I am also interested in the red white and blue lecarra cobra emblem too on the Saleen cap as an option.

post-20824-1224170167_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1224170201_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1224170272_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1224170167_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1224170201_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1224170272_thumb.jpg

Has anyone tried fitting the trunk lock emblems (CS logo or Berg Cap) over the stock pony emblem on the steering wheel? It looks like it would cover it nicely because of the convex shape. I am also interested in the red white and blue lecarra cobra emblem too on the Saleen cap as an option.

I think people would have more luck modifying a GT500 steering wheel if you just want a cobra.

Those caps are too large to work correctly on the steering wheel...The best thing to do is to purchase a Saleen Cap kit and have a vinyl shop make whatever you want to go on top of the cap then clear coat it and silicone it over the original pony cap...That way the steering wheel air bag can still split down the middle go right around the cap all the way to the bottom and open up if it still needs to in the event of a crash. I did it on my SGT and have the Berg Cobra on the cap now...

post-19184-1224174472_thumb.jpg

Those caps are too large to work correctly on the steering wheel...The best thing to do is to purchase a Saleen Cap kit and have a vinyl shop make whatever you want to go on top of the cap then clear coat it and silicone it over the original pony cap...That way the steering wheel air bag can still split down the middle go right around the cap all the way to the bottom and open up if it still needs to in the event of a crash. I did it on my SGT and have the Berg Cobra on the cap now...

Shelby_Steering_Wheel_Cap.JPG

thanks Carl, I didn't want to throw you under the bus on this one. BTW, nice job

Very nice! looks great too.

I think people would have more luck modifying a GT500 steering wheel if you just want a cobra.

Thanks Jeff but this route is too expensive (unless Ford sells the cap alone) and not easily reversible. I don't want anything that says GT 500 because I am not trying to pass my car off as a GT 500, just the Cobra heritage and styling. If the cap is sold alone without the $600 steering wheel it might be worth it. Then the trouble is trying to remove the 500 lettering and leaving a professional finish. Thanks for the feedback.

Is that acrylic or metal or .... ?

It's acrylic. You'll get very good customer service from Mike. He was very willing to help me with a custom design. My only concern with mounting this is what will happen if the air bag ever deploys... Will I end up with Shelby imprinted on my forehead? :unsure:

Here you go...

www.mtmunlimited.com

Mike Erbguth

Phone/fax : 561.743.0159

Cell 561.389.5424

Looks like he's already made one :happy feet:

Shelby GT Center Cap

But I'm not quite sure what the "TC" stands for ??? Nor could I find a Price listing ???

However, I did send in a request for a quote... Will let everyone know when I get their response...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Shelby GT Center Cap

But I'm not quite sure what the "TC" stands for ??? Nor could I find a Price listing ???

However, I did send in a request for a quote... Will let everyone know when I get their response...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Shelby GT Center Cap

Gregg

07SGT0547

Possibly Turbo Charged :headscratch:

Shelby GT Center Cap

Gregg

07SGT0547

Pic says it's copyrighted, and Shelby isn't going to like this.

How do you copyright something that is already copyrighted, and belongs to someone else?

Pic says it's copyrighted, and Shelby isn't going to like this.

How do you copyright something that is already copyrighted, and belongs to someone else?

Hopefully, it will be high quality enough (and still be airbag-compatible) that they can work with SAI to get it licensed and approved for "public consumption"... Remember, if you don't ask, then the answer is always "NO"...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Archived