TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Tea Party in Toronto

Aussie67

The Jan.15th is a thursday is okay with me .

Hey guys, with our impending move we are obviously going to have to bail on this one unfortunately, but I really hope someone from this area can step up and take this on. This area desperately needs an event for the enthusiasts around here and there is surely great potential to have a superb event here in Ontario somewhere.

Come on guys, talking about it is not going to get it done. I put the challenge out to y'all for someone to step up and lead a team to make this event happen. (Yer, I know easy for me to say, I am leaving) I would love to come back in a year or two for one of the best Shelby car shows which is now held in Ontario.

Peter

Hey guys, with our impending move we are obviously going to have to bail on this one unfortunately, but I really hope someone from this area can step up and take this on. This area desperately needs an event for the enthusiasts around here and there is surely great potential to have a superb event here in Ontario somewhere.

Come on guys, talking about it is not going to get it done. I put the challenge out to y'all for someone to step up and lead a team to make this event happen. (Yer, I know easy for me to say, I am leaving) I would love to come back in a year or two for one of the best Shelby car shows which is now held in Ontario.

Peter

Don`t worry Pete it will happen . The date will probably be Jan17 which is a Saturday as Kaylan is away the week before.

Let's figure out the meet details for January

Did you want a Saturday Jim?

We can do a roadhouse style pub or Restaurant or I can offer my house if that makes it easier

As for the event, wasn't the Shelby event in 2008 at Sterling Ford?

Since Shawn Hyland is now a Mod shop, we should plan something out his way and maybe hit London motorsports park for a little drag racing :shift:

Input guys, we need more input.......

Let's figure out the meet details for January

Did you want a Saturday Jim?

We can do a roadhouse style pub or Restaurant or I can offer my house if that makes it easier

As for the event, wasn't the Shelby event in 2008 at Sterling Ford?

Since Shawn Hyland is now a Mod shop, we should plan something out his way and maybe hit London motorsports park for a little drag racing :shift:

Input guys, we need more input.......

A Roadhouse would do as long as you know of one that has an area that we can meet in.

Yes I agree we should plan a track day followed with a car show the next day but thats stuff we can discuss. I thought a Saturday as there are some that may not be able to attend during the work week. OmO. I know Kaylan wants to attend . Steve & I will be there for sure.

Hi to all Shelby owners and enthusiats!!! As some of you remember, we had the show last year in Ottawa on May 10th. It was the best car show of the summer. We were treated like kings by Ottawa and Sterling Ford. Well, this event will happen again this year on May 9th, 2009! We have more coverage this year. A comprehensive media plan is in the works and will include local radio station promotion, media releases to local and national outlets, plus the ongoing involvement of more than two dozen car clubs. Current media partners include Mustang Generations magazine, UberDrive Magazine and PowrMAG Ford magazine.

I am more then willing to work with you on this show and make it the biggest Shelby event of the year in Canada. If you want to contact me to discuss, please do at s.ritchot@videotron.ca. Again, we invite Team Shelby to participate as strongly as last year!!!!

Here we are talking about the May show, and we just got 20 inches of snow today. LOL

Guest markham51
Hi to all Shelby owners and enthusiats!!! As some of you remember, we had the show last year in Ottawa on May 10th. It was the best car show of the summer. We were treated like kings by Ottawa and Sterling Ford. Well, this event will happen again this year on May 9th, 2009! We have more coverage this year. A comprehensive media plan is in the works and will include local radio station promotion, media releases to local and national outlets, plus the ongoing involvement of more than two dozen car clubs. Current media partners include Mustang Generations magazine, UberDrive Magazine and PowrMAG Ford magazine.

I am more then willing to work with you on this show and make it the biggest Shelby event of the year in Canada. If you want to contact me to discuss, please do at s.ritchot@videotron.ca. Again, we invite Team Shelby to participate as strongly as last year!!!!

Here we are talking about the May show, and we just got 20 inches of snow today. LOL

Marked on my calendar. Will try to make it for sure.

Thx

Mark

• 1 month later...

I suggest Saturday January 24th @ 7 pm

A central location would be fair for all

How about the Frog & Firkin 4854 Yonge St. North York, Ontario

It is just north of the 401 and has parking in the back

They have a room in the back and I have had a meeting here before and the food is good

Any other suggestions? would mid week be better for anyone?

I suggest Saturday January 24th @ 7 pm

A central location would be fair for all

How about the Frog & Firkin 4854 Yonge St. North York, Ontario

It is just north of the 401 and has parking in the back

They have a room in the back and I have had a meeting here before and the food is good

Any other suggestions? would mid week be better for anyone?

Hi Mike.....I'm good for the 24th...,

steve :peelout::peelout: PS shelby's in the shop...so I'll drive the corolla

We had our meeting last night and have a few ideas for 2009

Shelby001, Shelby08, Kaylan and Myself suffered through some Nachos and wings & some good Canadian Brew

May- is the Ottawa car show, a convoy will be arranged for the Toronto area members

(What Hotel is going to be booked, lets coordinate)

June- We will be trying to set-up a rent a track day at Cayuga (TMP) for the 1st timers (no names Steve) and the seasoned veterans that want to play and have fun, this may be a mid week event or coordinate it on a Saturday test & tune depending on the TMP schedule

July- Brantford has it's HUGE Sunday car show on July 26, see Shelby001 for more details and to register for the "snake pit"

August- Woodward - DaSilvas Mustang shootout at Cayuga and possibly TS Dearborn (Robert?) or it will be September again

I arrange my 3 day golf trip in Michigan before the Woodward event, let me know if you have a foursome to join us http://www.gulllakeview.com/index2.htm

Sept-Oct- Any ideas are welcome

We had our meeting last night and have a few ideas for 2009

Shelby001, Shelby08, Kaylan and Myself suffered through some Nachos and wings & some good Canadian Brew

May- is the Ottawa car show, a convoy will be arranged for the Toronto area members

(What Hotel is going to be booked, lets coordinate)

June- We will be trying to set-up a rent a track day at Cayuga (TMP) for the 1st timers (no names Steve) and the seasoned veterans that want to play and have fun, this may be a mid week event or coordinate it on a Saturday test & tune depending on the TMP schedule

July- Brantford has it's HUGE Sunday car show on July 26, see Shelby001 for more details and to register for the "snake pit"

August- Woodward - DaSilvas Mustang shootout at Cayuga and possibly TS Dearborn (Robert?) or it will be September again

I arrange my 3 day golf trip in Michigan before the Woodward event, let me know if you have a foursome to join us http://www.gulllakeview.com/index2.htm

Sept-Oct- Any ideas are welcome

Thanks for the update.

Due to my sons hockey I could not make it.

Spent most of today (Sunday) at a Celebration of Life service for a relative.

I have an idea for a Mustang gathering.

http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/2009/2009.html

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Looking forward to Mike and I teaching Steve how to light up the snakes tires. Wings beer and good company made for a great night.

FYI, The Ottawa show is the day before Mothers Day.......... Just a heads up so nobody gets raked for forgetting.

June track day should be a blast. Gotta get some new rubber for that day.

July in Brantford......Should be good since we know one of the shooters we should get a primop parking spot.

August Da Silva race event. I'll be talking to him about setting up a Shelby bracket class. Be cool to get 16-20 cars.

Woodward and Dearborn details to follow. Sounds like a good start to the summer plans

Archived