TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Tea Party in Toronto

Aussie67

Ok everyone. In talking with Steve tonight we decided we should set a date and maybe get together over a cold tea (Code) and discuss having a Canadian event in 2009. I am sure we could arrange a pretty good event if we all got our heads together and organised this ahead of time.

We were thinking of maybe having this event in Ottawa as this is more central for the Quebec guys and the Northern guys. Most of us can reach Ottawa much easier.

Anyways, just a few thoughts we had, but lots we could discuss and organise to make a good event.

Thoughts please on a date, maybe December or January, when everyone could get together for our first meeting and a cup of tea. (Or maybe dinner and a red wine.)

PJ

I would love to get together but Ottawa is a little trek in the winter (both ways i suppose) but the dinner idea is tempting

We should alternate locations or car pool on the way for those in the TO area

I would love to get together but Ottawa is a little trek in the winter (both ways i suppose) but the dinner idea is tempting

We should alternate locations or car pool on the way for those in the TO area

Just to clarify, I was proposing we meet in Toronto to discuss an event that we could organise for 2009, possibly in Ottawa (Actually have the event in Ottawa, as it is more central).

Ok everyone. In talking with Steve tonight we decided we should set a date and maybe get together over a cold tea (Code) and discuss having a Canadian event in 2009. I am sure we could arrange a pretty good event if we all got our heads together and organised this ahead of time.

We were thinking of maybe having this event in Ottawa as this is more central for the Quebec guys and the Northern guys. Most of us can reach Ottawa much easier.

Anyways, just a few thoughts we had, but lots we could discuss and organise to make a good event.

Thoughts please on a date, maybe December or January, when everyone could get together for our first meeting and a cup of tea. (Or maybe dinner and a red wine.)

PJ

Great idea! I would certainly be interested in an event taking place in Ottawa. Maybe we could try to schedule this event while the Ottawa Mustang meet is being held (if indeed it is) and schedule the rest of the event around it. I remember the one we both attended last May, where there were a few other members too. Not sure if Sterling Ford will also hold this meet next year but that could be a good starting point.

Just looking at my calender here guys and I am booked out until beginning of December. December is a crazy month anyway so what do you all think about hooking up in January?

I suggest a casual restaurant like a Keg Steakhouse or something in Toronto January 15th, where we can have a couple of drinks and discuss an event outline?

This is just a suggestion and if it doesn't work for anyone say so and we can pick another date.

• 5 weeks later...

I am also interested in an Ottawa meet.

My parents are buried at the Military Cemetary there.

A prelimary meet in T.O. in January sounds great. :beerchug: :tequila: :headspin:

We just have to monitor the weather. :censored:

I like the idea around the Ottawa Mustang event.

Us folk from the London\Windsor\Detroit Area will need to book rooms. :happy feet: :peelout:

I am very excited that you all are talking about getting together for a Canadian meet!!!!! :superhero:

I had a blast last time in Ottawa.

Please keep me in the loop on this one for sure!

Robert and Sharon,

You are always Welcome here in Ontario!!! :happy feet:

You could even visit Shelby's new shop along the way in Woodstock. :yup::banvictory: :beerchug:

I'm still in, we can hammer out a few more details closer to the Jan 15th date

I should be healed well enough from my shoulder surgery by then

Since the Canadian Shelby has been announced we should include them in some of the ideas?

Good idea? other ideas?

I have dealt with them in the past

Guest markham51
Robert and Sharon,

You are always Welcome here in Ontario!!! :happy feet:

You could even visit Shelby's new shop along the way in Woodstock. :yup::banvictory: :beerchug:

+1

Room for you up in Muskokas as well!

Here's a thought.........my buddy owns a banquet hall in Brampton, generally January is slow for him..........if there is a Sunday available and we can get 30+ people, we can book his small hall, pay him his minimum (guessing approx $25-$30 a head).......(We're going to spend that anyways at any restaurant) and we'll have a hall all Sunday afternoon to discuss and an excellent buffet spread. Just a thought

Also, he has a large lot......it's a combo lot for his front hall and a lot for his rear hall but it's all his.............I had a thought of putting a car show together................he actually offered it up. Plenty of room for a couple of hundred cars and trailers if necessary. I would need help organizing this though and we can discuss it at the same time

I'm still in, we can hammer out a few more details closer to the Jan 15th date

I should be healed well enough from my shoulder surgery by then

Since the Canadian Shelby has been announced we should include them in some of the ideas?

Good idea? other ideas?

I have dealt with them in the past

It wouldbe a good idea about including Sean Highland Motosport . We are heading up to see Sean Wed. will ask him if they are interested.

JANUARY TORONTO TEA PARTY ..... "J T T P"

Any day is good for me.....but I suspect for most, weekends are better......

a date needs to be confirmed........

a list of positive ideas also needed :happy feet: :happy feet:

I vote for January 10th or 24th. Both are Saturdays. :happy feet:

Brampton sounds like a great idea for a meet. :happy feet:

I vote for January 10th or 24th. Both are Saturdays. :happy feet:

Brampton sounds like a great idea for a meet. :happy feet:

Getting back into the loop here. I'm in on a meet however January 10th may not be the best date since the Shelby Bash is the 8th-11th in Vegas and I'm certainly hoping to make that one again.

Hi Guys

I can work in with most dates, week days are better for me, but if it needs to be a weekend for others I can try to get down then. IMHO, I would try to keep this a bit smaller for the time being (an organising committee for an event) other wise if we get too many involved we will never get anywhere. I would suggest those that have responded on this thread maximum and a small dinner somewhere in Toronto that is good for all (Central) where we can talk about some ideas for 3-4 hours and start to put a plan together.

I think it is an excellent idea to get the guys from Sean Highland Motorsport involved as I would think they may have a large interest in what we are trying to do.

Lets make this happen and ensure we have a good event to represent Canada next year.

15th is still good for me, how about others?

Peter.

Archived