TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Job 2 Mods to the GT500

mrfarmdog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have an upgraded suspension retrofitted to my car at no cost. Who wouldn't? BJ is right, though - unless it's a safety issue, don't expect it and don't expect it free under any circumstances. It's just a running change and I'll bet it's not that significant. I read about a drive someone posted - I think here - in a mule that had revalved shocks. I bet that's what the change will be, perhaps with some bushing durometer changes. My only complaints with the suspension is that I think the rebound on the shocks is a bit slow, and I think some of the rear end bushings could be a bit higher durometer to reduce some of the dancing the rear end does on some road surfaces. But this is fine tuning, not a major deal.

Another thing to consider about Ford somehow recalling the earlier cars for a suspension upgrade. Remember that when they fixed the '99 Cobra power shortage with a recall, some guy sued them for devaluing his car by putting replacement parts on his car.

Live with it and love it, or mod it and love it more I say. Don't expect freebies from Ford.

I want some of what you're having! :woohoo:

I most certainly can't speak for everyone, but as far as I'm concerned, Ford owes me nothing but warranty service. I bought an early car with the assumption that they'd have some tweaks mid-year or at the very least on year 2 of production. They had a lot of mules on the road and did a lot of tests/focus groups, but now they have a few thousand on the road and can get real world feedback. I'd be disappointed if they DIDN'T make the tweaks.

I do wish they made the power passenger seat and heaters (both) available in the first gen cars, but so be it. Perhaps they'll make the nav a swap out unit (no, not free).

As for the suspension, I personally think it's amazing. I had a professional driver friend of mine take the car for a spin and they were really surprised at the performance. My first drive in it was nearly 500 miles and it was fantastic.

So, maybe you're right....maybe some people will be pissed off at the fact that Ford was working to improve the car, but I doubt it. Just like those that paid above MSRP....we all know the "fee" for being one of the first.

:shift:

bj

Sounds like someone just had a serious attack of intelligence. Thanks

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

maybe there will be complimetary DEPENDS undergarments sold with the cars as well? maybe a nice TOFU cookbook thrown in? fold down back seats so that we can store our groceries? luggage rack for those long trips? maybe a nice BINGO kit for when all our friends come over to play on fridays? :rant:

OMG!

this is a muscle car for God sake! :rant::sos:

WHAT is Ford thinking?... is this a station wagon, a minivan, or a SUPERCAR?

thats all i have to say about that. :hysterical:

:hysterical2: You're killin' me over here. :baby:

I guess I'm deffinitely in the minority on this one.......when I saw this I immediately sent in an email to my dealer asking how much for the NAVI...it is a Pioneer deck after all and its sweet!!!!

if I was a little more organizaed I would post the link...but I'm not so...if someone else has it please post it up...I love the NAVI stuff, and since I plan on doing lots of road trips to all the Mustang events...I'm gonna need it...as my wife says...if you weren't driving so fast you might have made the exit...you know the one to your brothers that you always miss....Then I got NAV on the Mini Van...and I could time my 100 Mile an hour exit just right... :)

Cheers,

Requis

Get the NAVI you cheap :censored::cheerleader: (Kidding)

I guess I'm deffinitely in the minority on this one.......when I saw this I immediately sent in an email to my dealer asking how much for the NAVI...it is a Pioneer deck after all and its sweet!!!!

if I was a little more organizaed I would post the link...but I'm not so...if someone else has it please post it up...I love the NAVI stuff, and since I plan on doing lots of road trips to all the Mustang events...I'm gonna need it...as my wife says...if you weren't driving so fast you might have made the exit...you know the one to your brothers that you always miss....Then I got NAV on the Mini Van...and I could time my 100 Mile an hour exit just right... :)

Cheers,

Requis

Get the NAVI you cheap :censored::cheerleader: (Kidding)

:hysterical: good stuff!

i admittedly Love the NAV system in my honda odyssy.

a good comprimise may be to get one of the portable navi systems that you could take from car to car?... without newtering your GT500?! :doh::hysterical:

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

maybe there will be complimetary DEPENDS undergarments sold with the cars as well? maybe a nice TOFU cookbook thrown in? fold down back seats so that we can store our groceries? luggage rack for those long trips? maybe a nice BINGO kit for when all our friends come over to play on fridays? :rant:

OMG!

+1 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

NAVIGATION SYSTEM?......

OMG!

To each her own, but +1 from me. Picture Boomhauer from "King of the Hill" saying the following:

"Dang old ...gadget Ford, LCD screen, them 'der "turn here" nav, block my view of dang 'ole hot girl on sidewalk, 'dem 'ther techno-babble muscle car ...Mustang"

:fan:

Dave

To each her own, but +1 from me. Picture Boomhauer from "King of the Hill" saying the following:

"Dang old ...gadget Ford, LCD screen, them 'der "turn here" nav, block my view of dang 'ole hot girl on sidewalk, 'dem 'ther techno-babble muscle car ...Mustang"

Dave

Dang it Boomhower, do you have to make fun of everything, Bobby bring me a beer :roses:

Dave

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Damn! i think i just wet myself!

Some running changes are not always a good thing, in '67 they went from having the rear brakes scoops functional to non-functional. All of a sudden they were just ornamental. I'm sure it was a cost savings move, but they are way cooler when they are functional!

I would order the Navi if I could. :baby: It has to look better (full screen) than the ug shaker radio. Im going aftermarket regardless because I hate CD changers, The shaker 6 disk takes for feakin ever to load/eject CD's :rant: . Maybe job3 will get rid of the cheap ass looking door speaker covers.?

I would order the Navi if I could. :baby: It has to look better (full screen) than the ug shaker radio. Im going aftermarket regardless because I hate CD changers, The shaker 6 disk takes for feakin ever to load/eject CD's :rant: . Maybe job3 will get rid of the cheap ass looking door speaker covers.?

That's the point of the six disc. You don't have to change them out as often. I think it's a whole lot better than the disc changer in the console of my Landcruiser or the trunk of some vehicles. Sucks to pull over when you want to change discs. :shrug::shrug:

Got the indash changer in the wifes Landcruiser and cuss it too. Not as slow as they Shaker though. I (and wife) change CD's alot (theres my problem) and I hate not knowing which CD is in what position. Im just impatient and like single CD players but every car I've bought in the last few years has a CD changer (in the trunk really sucks). Im probably in the minority on this subject.

Will the NAVI have DVD? just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got word @ 8:41 pm that the naviagation system is a go for JOB2, but that's it for the GT500. This comes from a VERY VERY VERY Reliable source....TRUST ME!

Now I just need to find out how much more it will cost & to have it install after I get my car built next week :doh:

I am just now getting around to reading all of this thread. Give us some more info on your source if you can. I called the SVT number and talked to to different people. Both confirmed the suspension upgrade in Job 2. Perhaps things could have changed since I talked to them but I find it hard to believe that two separate people in SVT would provide the exact same info and both be wrong. I will also call again on Monday and ask for a status of Job 2 mods and see what answer I get this time.

Got the indash changer in the wifes Landcruiser and cuss it too. Not as slow as they Shaker though. I (and wife) change CD's alot (theres my problem) and I hate not knowing which CD is in what position. Im just impatient and like single CD players but every car I've bought in the last few years has a CD changer (in the trunk really sucks). Im probably in the minority on this subject.

Will the NAVI have DVD? just curious.

Have you thought about ripping your songs to MP3's, and burning them onto a CD? The shaker handles that, and 6 discs worth of MP3's is a lot of music. A lot. All browsable by folder name & song title. If you need software to rip your CD's, try CDEX. http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/index.html

Another option, go with an iPod! CD's are so 90's! Especially if the GT500 has the built-in line in jack like the regular mustang does. It all hides neatly in the console, and I have around 7000 songs on demand whenever I need em.

- Tony

I am just now getting around to reading all of this thread. Give us some more info on your source if you can. I called the SVT number and talked to to different people. Both confirmed the suspension upgrade in Job 2. Perhaps things could have changed since I talked to them but I find it hard to believe that two separate people in SVT would provide the exact same info and both be wrong. I will also call again on Monday and ask for a status of Job 2 mods and see what answer I get this time.

Here's a hint......a Ninja :camera: guy told me after checking his contacts

Have you thought about ripping your songs to MP3's, and burning them onto a CD? The shaker handles that, and 6 discs worth of MP3's is a lot of music. A lot. All browsable by folder name & song title. If you need software to rip your CD's, try CDEX. http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/index.html

Another option, go with an iPod! CD's are so 90's! Especially if the GT500 has the built-in line in jack like the regular mustang does. It all hides neatly in the console, and I have around 7000 songs on demand whenever I need em.

- Tony

kraegar,

I'm new to this MP3 thing, so I have questions. I ripped my first songs this week from audio CDs to my hard drive. I have not yet written them to CDs, but plan to.

1) On my hard drive each song shows that it takes about 11Mb...is that right? Wow, big files.

2) What kind of CD should I use to write them to? There is CD-R, CD-RW, and about a billion different formats.

3) When I play a song in the GT500, will it show the artist's name and song title on the display?

4) How is the "play order" determined? In other words, if I want a certain order, do I just copy them to the CD in that order?

Thanks,

Dave

kraegar,

I'm new to this MP3 thing, so I have questions. I ripped my first songs this week from audio CDs to my hard drive. I have not yet written them to CDs, but plan to.

1) On my hard drive each song shows that it takes about 11Mb...is that right? Wow, big files.

2) What kind of CD should I use to write them to? There is CD-R, CD-RW, and about a billion different formats.

3) When I play a song in the GT500, will it show the artist's name and song title on the display?

4) How is the "play order" determined? In other words, if I want a certain order, do I just copy them to the CD in that order?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave-

i know these questions aren't for me... but i happen to be on the board as you are posting.

my MP3's are about 3.5-4 MB each...maybe you can down-size when you rip them?

I use CD-R's

it does show the artist name and title of the song

I usually run mine on "shuffle"...random order. not sure what order they would run in otherwise... anyone else?

Dave-

i know these questions aren't for me... but i happen to be on the board as you are posting.

my MP3's are about 3.5-4 MB each...maybe you can down-size when you rip them?

I use CD-R's

it does show the artist name and title of the song

I usually run mine on "shuffle"...random order. not sure what order they would run in otherwise... anyone else?

Thanks a bunch for jumping in Bonedoc. I just ripped Bon Jovi. :bandance: It did give me the option to make them smaller, but it said lower sound quality...and I wasn't sure where to draw the line.

Now I just need to get my :censored: GT500. (sorry, I again slipped into rpretzel-machine-gun-kitty mode).

Dave

Here's a hint......a Ninja :camera: guy told me after checking his contacts

I just called SVT again. Talked to Jeff. He confirmed again that both suspension mods will be made and Nav option will be available in early December at Job 2. He also said Shaker 1000 for verts is now not happening until January 07 instead of end of this month as was previously posted. It could be that SVT does not know what they are talking about but thier story is still the same.

I just called SVT again. Talked to Jeff. He confirmed again that both suspension mods will be made and Nav option will be available in early December at Job 2. He also said Shaker 1000 for verts is now not happening until January 07 instead of end of this month as was previously posted. It could be that SVT does not know what they are talking about but thier story is still the same.

What exactly are these suspension mods?

Archived