TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help - Can't pull trigger on GT500 deal

zeke1212

This may be a case of " if you have to ask about price you can't afford it." But I've been working with a dlr. on getting a GT500 for over 6 months. I knew there'd be an ADM, but now that the car's hit the ground and the dlr wants 12K over sticker (add about 4 more for NJ taxes) which brings the cost close to 60K! Got the wife to finally say she's OK w/it, but 60K for a Ford??!! I just can't pull the trigger. I mean why not just buy a porsche?? On the other hand I hear that 12K over is a good deal as far as they go (one dlr told me to buy the GT500 at 12 over and sell it for 25 over!)

Anyway, I thought the Shelby GT might be the way to get my Shelby Mustang fix without the guilt. I've been following the discussions on the SGT and GT500 for months and you guys really know what you're talking about. Am I missing anything here? Do I tell my dlr to shove it and order the SGT to save myself some significant cash?? what do you experts think?

I don`t think you are missing anything ,other than you are dealing with a greedy dealer . It`s basically you decision on what you are willing to pay for the car. I`am sure that same dealer will be asking adm for the Shelby G.T when it comes out. lt`s boils down to what you want& can afford. I personally thing $12,000 is to much . My 2ct`s

I would wait. Patience is a virtue.

Unless you think $12k is no big thing. As for me, I don't care if I have $60mil in the bank, I wouldn't pay over sticker on a car that they are making 20,000 of.

Think of it this way: you'll just have that much more cash in the bank when you do buy it. Besides, I don't know where you live, but having it in the spring is much more enjoyable anyway! Good luck with your decision. ;)

I would wait. Patience is a virtue.

Unless you think $12k is no big thing. As for me, I don't care if I have $60mil in the bank, I wouldn't pay over sticker on a car that they are making 20,000 of.

Think of it this way: you'll just have that much more cash in the bank when you do buy it. Besides, I don't know where you live, but having it in the spring is much more enjoyable anyway! Good luck with your decision. ;)

Think 12K is 1/4 of what the car is worth, if you wait more information will come out about the Shelby GT and what the future holds for the ADM market for the GT500. So the only thing you will be getting for 12K is perhaps a retired color.

I think that if you're going to get a Shelby at a "decent price" it'll be sometime between Christmas and mid-March.

After that, demand will go up again due to the approaching Spring. Most Buyers of Sports-Muscle cars, who live in States and Provinces that are affected by Old Man Winter, don't buy such vehicles until the warm weather returns. By the end of 07' I believe that you'll see a True price Decline will remain for some time to come. The market will be saturated and demand will have been met.

I honestly don't think anyone can answer your question. It's an individual thing. I, as well as most of the others here, believe the prices will go down. How soon or how much, no one knows. From what i've seen, 12k over is on the lower end of ADM. I've seen 30k over and lots of 15-20k over. It all boils down to wheter 12k over is too much for you. If thier at 12 over and your on the fence, offer them 9 over and feel a little better if they take it. I don't bash people who pay ADM's because it's none of my business. The decision to pay them or not is based on individual circumstances. Make your decision and roll with it. Don't look back. :rockon:

I honestly don't think anyone can answer your question. It's an individual thing. I, as well as most of the others here, believe the prices will go down. How soon or how much, no one knows. From what i've seen, 12k over is on the lower end of ADM. I've seen 30k over and lots of 15-20k over. It all boils down to wheter 12k over is too much for you. If thier at 12 over and your on the fence, offer them 9 over and feel a little better if they take it. I don't bash people who pay ADM's because it's none of my business. The decision to pay them or not is based on individual circumstances. Make your decision and roll with it. Don't look back. :rockon:

Every thought of getting an older BOSS or fastback, nice cars for about the same money if you are waffeling at all.

Too much money. Wait till they go down in price or if you're near Oklahoma, PM me if your interested in a white/blue coupe. I might can get you a better deal if it isn't spoken for yet. I think they would sell cheaper than 12k over.

Sorry just realized you said you were in NJ, so I doubt you're interested in it.

Too much money. Wait till they go down in price or if you're near Oklahoma, PM me if your interested in a white/blue coupe. I might can get you a better deal if it isn't spoken for yet. I think they would sell cheaper than 12k over.

Sorry just realized you said you were in NJ, so I doubt you're interested in it.

I think $5K would be reasonable but still what are you paying for?

This may be a case of " if you have to ask about price you can't afford it." But I've been working with a dlr. on getting a GT500 for over 6 months. I knew there'd be an ADM, but now that the car's hit the ground and the dlr wants 12K over sticker (add about 4 more for NJ taxes) which brings the cost close to 60K! Got the wife to finally say she's OK w/it, but 60K for a Ford??!! I just can't pull the trigger. I mean why not just buy a porsche?? On the other hand I hear that 12K over is a good deal as far as they go (one dlr told me to buy the GT500 at 12 over and sell it for 25 over!)

Anyway, I thought the Shelby GT might be the way to get my Shelby Mustang fix without the guilt. I've been following the discussions on the SGT and GT500 for months and you guys really know what you're talking about. Am I missing anything here? Do I tell my dlr to shove it and order the SGT to save myself some significant cash?? what do you experts think?

What is ADM?

MM

Additional Dealer Markup

Too bad for the US buyers.

I never had that in Winnipeg, Canada.

Just paid MSRP.

No haggling, arguing or getting mad.

I have only good things to say about Keystone Ford.

Mike

Too bad for the US buyers.

I never had that in Winnipeg, Canada.

Just paid MSRP.

No haggling, arguing or getting mad.

I have only good things to say about Keystone Ford.

Mike

You guys are lucky over there. What did you buy. Post a photo if you could.

You guys are lucky over there. What did you buy. Post a photo if you could.

WAIT A MINUTE, lets not be so happy to be Canadian buyers we are getting just as screwed as everyone else here in Alberta.

Still would like an update......

Great post Zeke. I am wrestling with the exact same question and like you have been following these posts for months. I can "afford" the $55-$60k for the GT500 coupe, but can't "justify" it for a Mustang. I just got off the phone with my dealer and have shifted focus to either the Shelby GT with the supercharge or the 2007 Foose with supercharger depending on the price. He quoted me 28-32k on the Shelby GT without supercharger. This dealer is selling its GT500s at MSRP, but is only getting 4 this year. He also said the supercharger for both is on hold due to some hangup with the US Govt. Must be EPA or something.

Great post Zeke. I am wrestling with the exact same question and like you have been following these posts for months. I can "afford" the $55-$60k for the GT500 coupe, but can't "justify" it for a Mustang. I just got off the phone with my dealer and have shifted focus to either the Shelby GT with the supercharge or the 2007 Foose with supercharger depending on the price. He quoted me 28-32k on the Shelby GT without supercharger. This dealer is selling its GT500s at MSRP, but is only getting 4 this year. He also said the supercharger for both is on hold due to some hangup with the US Govt. Must be EPA or something.

Hey Cloud, do you have pricing on the Foose yet?

Hey Cloud, do you have pricing on the Foose yet?

Our dealer brought in 6 of the '06s this summer and they were asking $45k which I thought was way too much. No supercharger, modded exhaust about 325 hp. Later in the summer they dropped them to 38.5k to 41.9k and now only have 2 of them. Not sure what people paid for the ones they sold. The 2 they have left are now priced at 41k (manual) and 42k (auto). He said they just ordered an '07 vert for a customer and it's coming in at 60k. Not sure if that inlcuded the supercharger.

I attached a photo of the '06 they have listed for 41k.

Our dealer brought in 6 of the '06s this summer and they were asking $45k which I thought was way too much. No supercharger, modded exhaust about 325 hp. Later in the summer they dropped them to 38.5k to 41.9k and now only have 2 of them. Not sure what people paid for the ones they sold. The 2 they have left are now priced at 41k (manual) and 42k (auto). He said they just ordered an '07 vert for a customer and it's coming in at 60k. Not sure if that inlcuded the supercharger.

I attached a photo of the '06 they have listed for 41k.

Thanks Cloud, don't know if 60K for the vert is worth it but i would like to see 20 years in the future to see if these are worth anything.

Archived