TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby looking for a home

leafsfreak

Check this out! Looks like this one only has a temporary home!

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...spx?ID=24007474

Hey leafsfreak. I was actually talking to the guy but what a BS story he gave me. He suposedly bought it in New York, not to make money, then tells me he has a 08 ordered and would sell this one for 69 900. He seems like a fast talking business man to me. By the way have you got your Shelby yet. If so post some picks. I was in halifax last thurs and friday on union business, my oldest son who works in Halifax said he seen a vista blue with white strips on Robie street, thought it might have been yours, but I think you said red with white if you do have it good luck, if you don't hope you get it soon, keep me posted.

svtkeith

IMG_0781.JPGHi Keith.Interesting story he gave you. I would say he is going to lose money at $69,900CDN based upon the EBay history on the car.

Actually, my co-worker and I both took delivery from Steele Ford on Saturday, September 30th. The blue one was my friends and yes mine is red. I am very pleased with the red insert interior and we both love the cars( except for the wheel hop )!

IMG_0785.JPGIMG_0781.JPGIMG_0781.JPGHi Keith.Interesting story he gave you. I would say he is going to lose money at $69,900CDN based upon the EBay history on the car.

Actually, my co-worker and I both took delivery from Steele Ford on Saturday, September 30th. The blue one was my friends and yes mine is red. I am very pleased with the red insert interior and we both love the cars( except for the wheel hop )!

I have attached a couple of pictures including my 2005 GT.

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0776.JPGIMG_0777.JPGIMG_0790.JPGIMG_0786.JPGIMG_0783.JPG

Hey leafsfreak. I was actually talking to the guy but what a BS story he gave me. He suposedly bought it in New York, not to make money, then tells me he has a 08 ordered and would sell this one for 69 900. He seems like a fast talking business man to me. By the way have you got your Shelby yet. If so post some picks. I was in halifax last thurs and friday on union business, my oldest son who works in Halifax said he seen a vista blue with white strips on Robie street, thought it might have been yours, but I think you said red with white if you do have it good luck, if you don't hope you get it soon, keep me posted.

svtkeith

Hi Keith. A few more pics.

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

post-3732-1160606733_thumb.jpgHi Keith.Interesting story he gave you. I would say he is going to lose money at $69,900CDN based upon the EBay history on the car.

post-3732-1160606966_thumb.jpgpost-3732-1160606733_thumb.jpgpost-3732-1160606733_thumb.jpgHi Keith.Interesting story he gave you. I would say he is going to lose money at $69,900CDN based upon the EBay history on the car.

I have attached a couple of pictures including my 2005 GT.

Hey Guys,

Congrats, beautiful pictures. The Blue and White was my next pick if the Red/White was not available. I agree with you about the red inserts.. it gives the interior that extra umph! Are you going to put your car on the Dyno in Burnside with Dynomite? The guy's name is David Forbrigger (nice Cape Breton boy) likes Fords. Are you planning any mods? Had mine on the Dyno last Friday, baseline run was 422.9 HP then I put a tune in (SCT x-calibrator2) program was for 91 octane from Steeda, Milton Ontario. My run on the dyno with the tune was 451.9 HP. I am going with a pulley and CAI when there's more testing done. But man, does the tune really liven these things up. Again, good luck, may see you around the town.

Keep me posted.

svtkeith

I just don't know Leafsfreak.....?.....? It appears to me that your friend is more of a Leafs Freak than you are with his colour choice!! Perhaps you're a closet Canadiens fan....??!!

Good choice on the Red and White!

Hey Guys,

Congrats, beautiful pictures. The Blue and White was my next pick if the Red/White was not available. I agree with you about the red inserts.. it gives the interior that extra umph! Are you going to put your car on the Dyno in Burnside with Dynomite? The guy's name is David Forbrigger (nice Cape Breton boy) likes Fords. Are you planning any mods? Had mine on the Dyno last Friday, baseline run was 422.9 HP then I put a tune in (SCT x-calibrator2) program was for 91 octane from Steeda, Milton Ontario. My run on the dyno with the tune was 451.9 HP. I am going with a pulley and CAI when there's more testing done. But man, does the tune really liven these things up. Again, good luck, may see you around the town.

Keep me posted.

svtkeith

It sounds like the Meister was pretty Conservative with your Tune Keith? I was hoping to hit 500hp at the wheels with a Mild Tune, Magnaflows and a CAI? Most Postings on this Site are claiming at least 40-50 more RWHP after only a Tune?

I just don't know Leafsfreak.....?.....? It appears to me that your friend is more of a Leafs Freak than you are with his colour choice!! Perhaps you're a closet Canadiens fan....??!!

Good choice on the Red and White!

It sounds like the Meister was pretty Conservative with your Tune Keith? I was hoping to hit 500hp at the wheels with a Mild Tune, Magnaflows and a CAI? Most Postings on this Site are claiming at least 40-50 more RWHP after only a Tune?

Hi Dave,

Paul made the tune for the 91 Octane, so I am probably not going to get the results than someone else would get with 93 Octane. I suppose he could have went a little wilder with the tune, I guess he just wanted to keep it safe. I am waiting on a pulley and CAI kit, going with Magnaflows also. Paul told me I should see over 500 RWHP. You should not have a problem hitting 500 HP with a tune and CIA, using 93 Octane. Paul was telling me these engines respond, unbelieveable with just timing. Example, he took 2 degrees of timing out of it, with another tune it responded by dropping another 100 HP at the rear wheels, so just shows with 93 Octane fuel, he could go with more timing in the tune for you.

Will you be using Paul to do your tuning? And are you considering a pulley change?

svtkeith

Hi Dave,

Paul made the tune for the 91 Octane, so I am probably not going to get the results than someone else would get with 93 Octane. I suppose he could have went a little wilder with the tune, I guess he just wanted to keep it safe. I am waiting on a pulley and CAI kit, going with Magnaflows also. Paul told me I should see over 500 RWHP. You should not have a problem hitting 500 HP with a tune and CIA, using 93 Octane. Paul was telling me these engines respond, unbelieveable with just timing. Example, he took 2 degrees of timing out of it, with another tune it responded by dropping another 100 HP at the rear wheels, so just shows with 93 Octane fuel, he could go with more timing in the tune for you.

Will you be using Paul to do your tuning? And are you considering a pulley change?

svtkeith

Hey Keith,

I had emailed back and forth to Paul some weeks ago about what I was looking for. He was quite helpful. I have since decided to wait things out until next spring. Paul is definitely a Wiz Kid and has been trained by the best. The name Joe DaSilva keeps coming up though! I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either. I wasn't considering a pulley change until a few more guinea pigs had done so. The Metco pulley looks good, but I've been waiting it out to see if someone comes up with a kit that includes a larger bottom pulley. In doing so the belt probably wouldn't have to be changed. How many Tunes did you capture on your X cal? Did Miester Custom tune your Shelby or does he now have some tuning history to upload with? Are you running a Tune now? How does it feel? How many km's are you up to? Is Paul leaning more towards Bassani's or Magnaflows?

Good to hear you got some Dyno time! I have this weekend off to ride the Shelby a little more and then I'll be getting ready to store her, as I am out of weekends. I'm 85% sure I'll be ordering up a CarCapsule for storage.

Dave.

Hey Keith,

I had emailed back and forth to Paul some weeks ago about what I was looking for. He was quite helpful. I have since decided to wait things out until next spring. Paul is definitely a Wiz Kid and has been trained by the best. The name Joe DaSilva keeps coming up though! I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either. I wasn't considering a pulley change until a few more guinea pigs had done so. The Metco pulley looks good, but I've been waiting it out to see if someone comes up with a kit that includes a larger bottom pulley. In doing so the belt probably wouldn't have to be changed. How many Tunes did you capture on your X cal? Did Miester Custom tune your Shelby or does he now have some tuning history to upload with? Are you running a Tune now? How does it feel? How many km's are you up to? Is Paul leaning more towards Bassani's or Magnaflows?

Good to hear you got some Dyno time! I have this weekend off to ride the Shelby a little more and then I'll be getting ready to store her, as I am out of weekends. I'm 85% sure I'll be ordering up a CarCapsule for storage.

Dave.

Hey Dave,

Yes, I've heard of Joe DaSilva and will be checking with him also. In the past, I have dealt with JDM Engineering in New Jersey, they actually own a GT500 and are now doing testing with tunes, pulleys, CAI's, gears, and suspensions but like yourself I will be waiting for the reliability of this engine..it should be good.

Dave, regarding your belt issue, as far as I know you can keep the stock belt as long as you go with a larger idler wheel.

Paul built in just one tune for 91 Octane and no other mods, once I get my CAI and pulley he (or someone else) will reprogram. I purchased a SCT x-cal 2, as I mentioned before I gained 30 RWHP but man it feels alot stronger than that. The "seat of the pants" feel is incredible. You should get yours done, you will like it. I am actually getting better gas mileage than before. I have approximately 2000 kms, should be broke in by now. Paul mentioned Steeda axle backs, not sure if that's Bassani's or not. But I am favoring the Magnaflows, they sounded great on my 04 Term. But some people are saying (on these sites) that the Magna's are too quiet on the GT500...will see, I guess. Absolutely don't want to sound like a "ricer".

Are you going to be putting yours on the Dyno? If so, please post your numbers.

By the way, with the tune, Air/Fuel Ratio was at 11.5, which Paul says is right on and safe. So go out and get a tune...believe me you will like it.

Bye for now,

Keith

Archived