TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua damage control

MMcGuirk

Hi,

Last night, I replaced my 4" aluminum Spydershaft with my stock 2 piece driveshaft.

During my one and only pass on the drag strip (wavy runway) in the left lane, my suspension bottomed. Before it had a chance to rebound, I hit the second undulation. This cause the driveshaft to hit the tunnel and strip the balance weight off. Fun over. It caused a host of vibration issues. Miraculously, there was nothing at 2500 rpm, so in fifth gear I was able to cruise the 1600 miles home at 82 MPH.

While I was down there, I replaced my Hurst shifter with the new, post Hurst aquisition, B+M billet Hurst shifter. This has adjustable shift stops, weights about half of the original and is much more precise. It also has higher quality bushings. Hopefully, this one will stay rattle free.

Test drive was very smooth. It made me wish for a Bull Run do over.

Also replace my windshield this past Saturday and the Limer goes to the body shop tomorrow to have the vandal installed racing stripe on my right front fender erased.

All in all, with the exception of the stripe, I got off easy. I have had more damage on track day and a whole lot less fun than I had with everyone in Terlingua.

Can't wait to do it again and oh yeah, is it "I call", "I'm all in" or "I'll have another shot of tequila"?

Michael

Hi,

Last night, I replaced my 4" aluminum Spydershaft with my stock 2 piece driveshaft.

During my one and only pass on the drag strip (wavy runway) in the left lane, my suspension bottomed. Before it had a chance to rebound, I hit the second undulation. This cause the driveshaft to hit the tunnel and strip the balance weight off. Fun over. It caused a host of vibration issues. Miraculously, there was nothing at 2500 rpm, so in fifth gear I was able to cruise the 1600 miles home at 82 MPH.

While I was down there, I replaced my Hurst shifter with the new, post Hurst aquisition, B+M billet Hurst shifter. This has adjustable shift stops, weights about half of the original and is much more precise. It also has higher quality bushings. Hopefully, this one will stay rattle free.

Test drive was very smooth. It made me wish for a Bull Run do over.

Also replace my windshield this past Saturday and the Limer goes to the body shop tomorrow to have the vandal installed racing stripe on my right front fender erased.

All in all, with the exception of the stripe, I got off easy. I have had more damage on track day and a whole lot less fun than I had with everyone in Terlingua.

Can't wait to do it again and oh yeah, is it "I call", "I'm all in" or "I'll have another shot of tequila"?

Michael

Micheal,

Glad to hear that you've almost got everything done to your car. I'm still pondering what to do about all of the rock chips on my hood--should have left the colgan bra on it! :banghead: Yeah, I was able to avoid that left lane--it appeared to be alot more wavy than the right lane. Are you going to the CS 86 Run? Hope to see you there. Regards.

Stuart

Micheal,

Glad to hear that you've almost got everything done to your car. I'm still pondering what to do about all of the rock chips on my hood--should have left the colgan bra on it! :banghead: Yeah, I was able to avoid that left lane--it appeared to be alot more wavy than the right lane. Are you going to the CS 86 Run? Hope to see you there. Regards.

Stuart

Hey Stuart

I will be at CS86. Hope they have a Texas Hold'em tournament. :D

See you in January,

Michael

:hysterical: I love it.

If after all you went through and your calling it for next year, I'm in for sure.

BTW: Thanks to your instruction, I was able to remove my airbag cover and Get Mr S. to sign it. Very cool!

Michael

Hey Stuart

I will be at CS86. Hope they have a Texas Hold'em tournament. :D

See you in January,

Michael

Michael,

Sounds great. Bea and I will hopefully see you there. I'm lousy at cards--however, I did come in second place in drag racing. Regards.

Stuart

Glad to hear that everything is falling into place Michael. Good as new in no time! :) Just be ready for January.

Roger

Thanks Roger. I am looking forward to some track time at LVMS. I've heard a rumor that we may be on the "big" road course this year.

Michael

Glad your limer is getting back into top shape again after Terlingua. Hope to see you at CS86. Gotta get some tickets first!

Thanks Sherri.

I am off to China on business for a week. I hope TS waits until I get back before they open the event for registration.

Michael

Archived