TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch, brakes, and some other stuff

LuLu toasted her stock SGT brakes, and I have that solution in UPS channels as I type this. I called Page Nicholson at Stillen and ordered stock size two-piece front rotors, slotted and cross drilled, with matching rear one-piece rotors. Stillen metalic race pads, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, and AP "Ultra" brake fluid. IMHO, the stock calipers (fronts are two-pot, rears are single) are just fine for improved brake clamp torque and swept area. I have my answer for this problem.

Mac:

I don't know about the clutch, but I appreciate you being the "mule" on this one... :hysterical:

I do know that you will LOVE your brakes!

I have the one-piece fronts, but otherwise the same from Page. After the bedding process, they are still getting better!.

The sheet says it'll take about 500 miles to fully bed the new rotors/pads, and that's about where I'm at now.

A great mod for me.

Please keep us in the loop what you decide on for a clutch. I'm sure we're all as interested as I am.

Dan

Thanks, Dan, I am sure I will love my new brakes. Page steered me right, the kit he put together is awesome. I'm installing them today, and just took a lunch break. I'll be adding another 1K in miles this weekend with a drive down to Lake of the Ozarks, MO. to check out the fall colors. That 1K should bed the brakes nicely.

I also decided the clutch issue, again with Page's guidance. Ordered it Monday, should be here early next week. ACT clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/

Y'all should keep Page and Stillen in mind when basic upgrades and needed. Good prices, fast delivery and great customer service.

i was thinking of a brake upgrade on my shelby. now that i have the shelby cs69 wheels on you get a real clear look at my brakes and a nice attractive brembo, ap, or baer braking system would look great and stop a lot better. whats the going rate for a system such as those.

i was thinking of a brake upgrade on my shelby. now that i have the shelby cs69 wheels on you get a real clear look at my brakes and a nice attractive brembo, ap, or baer braking system would look great and stop a lot better. whats the going rate for a system such as those.

Cant speak for the Brembo or Baer, but the AP Racing brakes are:

AP4100 - 6 Piston, 2 piece front kit - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=APBR...p;model=MUSTANG

AP4400 & AP4150 - 4 Piston, 2 piece front or rear kit - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=APBR...p;model=MUSTANG

You will want to check for wheel clearance for sure. Here are the fitment guides for each of the kits listed above:

AP4100 (6 Piston Front)

AP4400 (4 Piston Front)

AP4150 (4 Piston Rear)

Please dont hesitate to give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) or shoot me an e-mail (PageN@Stillen.com) if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks Much

Page

Well, my Stillen brake upgrade is complete, and I'm just back from the test drive. All I can say is WOW! This is a perfect solution for an inexpensive upgrade which offers a lot of "bang for your buck". Well worth the price of admission, thanks again, Page!

I am very disappointed by the OEM brakes I took off. 14K miles and very worn. Rotors are stamped "made in Brazil", and the front pads were heat cracked. Anyone who drives their SGT hard (as I do) should consider Page's/Stillen based kit. It's very effective and not a budget breaker.

My ACT clutch kit is in UPS hands now, should have it next Tuesday. I'll keep y'all posted.

I got some I-rotors (drilled & slotted), hawk pads and Steeda stainless brake lines.

Bought them from a member here who got them, never installed and then went to 20" wheels.

Michael,

That was all good until you got to the 20" wheel part. Man, accuse me of anything but don't accuse me of having 20" wheels. :hysterical: I'm still a simple guy with little old 18" wheels.

Jim

Michael,

That was all good until you got to the 20" wheel part. Man, accuse me of anything but don't accuse me of having 20" wheels. :hysterical: I'm still a simple guy with little old 18" wheels.

Jim

Jim - The 20's are for show and around town and 18's are for go and the track. It is all in how you drive the car on the street. I have countless awesome "wow's" with my 20" chrome Razors. Yes opinions are like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, everybody has one!

• 1 month later...

Hi Mac,

Sounds like you had an outstanding time in Texas, hoooorah for you and LuLu!

Hey my clutch is going south much quicker than anticipated now that it is cold enough in AZ for the Paxton to work right.

Saw this thread and am curious where you landed for a replacement clutch assembly.

When you have a chance.....

Until then have a great Christmas Season you and yours'.

Thank you.

-Jeff

Archived