TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tuners

NJJOE

I have read in several articles and looked at several tuners. Most of them say that you just plug them in and download the new tune and it is done.

IS it that EASY??

Also is the warranty void if the dealer finds out the car was modified with a tuner?

Which tuner would you recommend?

I have a 2007 GT/CS.

• 3 months later...

I have read in several articles and looked at several tuners. Most of them say that you just plug them in and download the new tune and it is done.

IS it that EASY??

Also is the warranty void if the dealer finds out the car was modified with a tuner?

Which tuner would you recommend?

I have a 2007 GT/CS.

does no one read this section? I use the SCT tuner. I also think the default programs are too conservative, and that to really get your money's worth you should invest a little extra in a custom tune on the dyno. You can easily reverse a tune if you need to bring it in for service.

• 6 months later...

Dealers may not be able to find out nor may they care that you have a tune, but dealers do put updated flashes on cars when they are in for service from time to time. They did it to my Chevy truck (vastly improved throttle sensitivity) and I asked my tuner if they did that again if it would erase his and he said that it definitely would. I can only assume that Ford would be the same.

You can always de-tune it using your handheld and re-flash when you get the car back.

Archived