TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT2148, saw it in Franklin Lakes NJ yesterday.....

mywickedshelby

IS THE SINGLE MOST HORRIBILY DIRTY CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

I parked my car in the lot on my way to an appt. with a customer. Immediately

noticed the SGT across the lot when I pulled into my parking space.

Took a walk over to check it out and as I got closer and closer I threw up

in my mouth a little.

I dont know how long you have to leave a car outside without being washed

or cared for in any way for it to end up looking like this but...

all I could think of at the time is that this was a total DISGRACE!

I didnt want to take any photos, it would have been like publishing a

photo of a crime victim in the newspaper.........and I didnt think this victim

needed any further embarrassment.

The owner on the other hand is my HALL OF SHAME NOMINEEE.....

anyone second the motion?

I have to relate the same kind of story. I was at a medical facility the other week with my wife. I had my CS Shelby shirt on and the girl from the office came out and said "your a Shelby fan". I said "yes" and asked her if she had a Shelby. She proceeded to point out the window at a black Mustang across the parking lot. I took a glance at it and was shocked that it was a GT500. It was the most dirty, nasty car (forget Mustang) that I had seen in a long time. I was parked about 10 spaces away, in an empty lot, and didn't even recognize that it was a Shelby. Anyway, she started telling me that her and her husband had an online Shelby accessory business. Now, there are ways to advertise that you sell after market items and a nasty, dirty car isn't one of them. I did take a walk over to the car just to verify that it was indeed a GT500. It was but who could tell between the layers of brake dust, bugs and weeks of road grime. I believe in driving your car but a machine/hand car wash, and there is one only a block and a half away from the office I was at is only $7. Sorry, but I am mostly a polish it every day kinda owner and a months of dirt car, any car for that matter, is just plain old lazy or cheap. Throw on top of that a $40K plus Shelby GT500 and it just drives me nuts.

Don

About a month ago, I saw a black S197 style Mustang with red stripes about a block ahead of me at a light. Aside from being a Shelby fanatic, I just like Mustangs so I worked my up to see the car. I got closer and could see it was a rare B-J car.

I was dismayed to see the condition of the exterior. It must have been parked under a tree with 50 bird nests in it as the entire body and window were covered in bird crap and sap. The sides and quarter panels caked with mud. As I pulled up along side, I could see the the interior was full of drink cups and fast food wrappers. The dash and rear shelf were covered with junk. The driver was smoking a cigarette and the cup holders in the console were full of butts. This guy looked as scruffy as the car. He could have been living in it.

I can't stand to see any car full of junk but a Shelby, that's a real crime. I had to make a quick get away when the light changed or you might have seen me on the late news. My wife is always threatening me with the fashion police beacuse of my Shelby/Mustang tee shirt collection. There should be Shelby Police....

About a month ago, I saw a black S197 style Mustang with red stripes about a block ahead of me at a light. Aside from being a Shelby fanatic, I just like Mustangs so I worked my up to see the car. I got closer and could see it was a rare B-J car.

I was dismayed to see the condition of the exterior. It must have been parked under a tree with 50 bird nests in it as the entire body and window were covered in bird crap and sap. The sides and quarter panels caked with mud. As I pulled up along side, I could see the the interior was full of drink cups and fast food wrappers. The dash and rear shelf were covered with junk. The driver was smoking a cigarette and the cup holders in the console were full of butts. This guy looked as scruffy as the car. He could have been living in it.

I can't stand to see any car full of junk but a Shelby, that's a real crime. I had to make a quick get away when the light changed or you might have seen me on the late news. My wife is always threatening me with the fashion police beacuse of my Shelby/Mustang tee shirt collection. There should be Shelby Police....

I saw this cars cousin a black SGT parked in W Seattle with the tray full of butts, wrappers and sap and everything. lame

That's weird because I never saw a GT500 or SGT in those conditions.

One car had a decent amount of brake dust however but nothing like you fellas describe.

You're lucky. The sight of one is enought to bring a grown man to tears!!

Should we start a non-profit orginization for neglected and abused SGT's? This week on Discovery watch as Prideful Shelby owners rescue another abused SGT from certain doom!

2 SEGMENTS FOR THE SHOW:

1) Rescue the car.

2) Reprograming of abusive owner to said neglected SGT.

I can handle the second half of the show with a righteous correction

to the abusive owner. Reprograming Bronx style.

and Thank you RS.

QUITE POSSIBLY IS THE SINGLE MOST HORRIBILY DIRTY CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

You guys are a hoot. Sorry for wandering off of your topic but since I took this from the subject line of your post I thought that was the subject. I'll try not and post unless I'm sure that I understand the true intent of the thread.

Don

These sound like the humble beginnings of a "barn find" 30 years from now...

Some guy doesn't know what he has and just parks it off to the side and forgets about it...

Archived