TEAM SHELBY FORUM

canadian ss prices

Can anybody pls. tell me costs @border with ss conversion done. Duty GST. ect. Do you have to pay any state taxes, if so is this refundable. Thx.

Where are you located. Bringing the SS across the border you declare the SS conversion and pay the GST (5%). Vogon brought back a 40th car and is about to bring back a SS. I'm sure he knows all about this.

Where are you located. Bringing the SS across the border you declare the SS conversion and pay the GST (5%). Vogon brought back a 40th car and is about to bring back a SS. I'm sure he knows all about this.

Edmonoton, Alberta. Would like to know any extra cost involved. Any help would be appreciated.

I brought my SS back to Canada, BC, in July. Paid GST and PST at the border. Brought the parts with me so there was no question about them.

Al

aobrien,

Oh, They make you pay both PST and GST at the border? And was this tax on just the value of the parts?

aobrien,

Oh, They make you pay both PST and GST at the border? And was this tax on just the value of the parts?

Tax was paid on the SAI invoice amount. Both PST and GST. No tax on parts as I told them they were the take off parts.

Al

Somebody mentioned my name?? Been away for a bit...

Since you're from Edmonton, you'll have to pay GST only, but it's on the total invoice of parts + labour. They did reduce it by my 48 hour allowance - big whoop on that ball, but it all helps I guess. No PST. No duty. Yes, you need to pay Nevada sales tax (to SAI), and I don't know if you can get it back. Thanks for reminding me, though. And be prepared for the hairy eyeball from the Customs guard when you cross with the car, and tell him you did $30,000 in mods. They perk up a bit! When he asked if my car was lowered, I just said maybe half an inch or so. There's a limit to how much, so this was well under.

I had my parts shipped back, and UPS got them to Calgary, but couldn't release them from Customs until I went to their office and got their stamp. I was told if the paperwork from SAI said "CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING" then there should be no problem. I had to explain it to agent, and she was confused about it all. She said she believed me, and so didn't call SAI to verify, and gave me my stamp. I then faxed this to UPS, and the parts were dropped off the next day.

I'm flying to Vegas Sunday, and picking p the SS Monday! :drool: :happy feet: :drool: I've asked for the wording on the paperwork, so I'll be checking for that since I'm having them shipped again. And I may be nuts, but I'm having the hood shipped to California to have it signed by Carroll Shelby. It's now $1,000 for the hood, instead of $250. They said they raised the price because they don't like handling the hoods - too large. This really hurts... plus extra shipping... plus my wife doesn't want the hood hanging around (literally!)... I'm way past being in trouble. :shrug:

Good thing the car's ready this weekend (dropped off July 1st, so about 15 weeks). Snow's coming... :cry:

Since you're from Edmonton, you'll have to pay GST only, but it's on the total invoice of parts + labour. They did reduce it by my 48 hour allowance - big whoop on that ball, but it all helps I guess. No PST. No duty. Yes, you need to pay Nevada sales tax (to SAI), and I don't know if you can get it back. Thanks for reminding me, though. And be prepared for the hairy eyeball from the Customs guard when you cross with the car, and tell him you did $30,000 in mods. They perk up a bit! When he asked if my car was lowered, I just said maybe half an inch or so. There's a limit to how much, so this was well under.

I had my parts shipped back, and UPS got them to Calgary, but couldn't release them from Customs until I went to their office and got their stamp. I was told if the paperwork from SAI said "CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING" then there should be no problem. I had to explain it to agent, and she was confused about it all. She said she believed me, and so didn't call SAI to verify, and gave me my stamp. I then faxed this to UPS, and the parts were dropped off the next day.

I'm flying to Vegas Sunday, and picking p the SS Monday! :drool: :happy feet: :drool: I've asked for the wording on the paperwork, so I'll be checking for that since I'm having them shipped again. And I may be nuts, but I'm having the hood shipped to California to have it signed by Carroll Shelby. It's now $1,000 for the hood, instead of $250. They said they raised the price because they don't like handling the hoods - too large. This really hurts... plus extra shipping... plus my wife doesn't want the hood hanging around (literally!)... I'm way past being in trouble. :shrug:

Good thing the car's ready this weekend (dropped off July 1st, so about 15 weeks). Snow's coming... :cry:

Vargon,

So you trailered the car yourself, or did you drive it home? I assume this since you seemed to talk to the border agents as the car came across.

Do you just plop the GST on a credit card at the border, or did you have to go through a broker?

Vargon,

So you trailered the car yourself, or did you drive it home? I assume this since you seemed to talk to the border agents as the car came across.

Do you just plop the GST on a credit card at the border, or did you have to go through a broker?

Okay, first of all, it's VOGON. Vogon's are an alien alien race from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a science fiction novel by Douglas Adams. They destroy the Earth in the first chapter, so it might be best that you don't piss them off! :hysterical::hysterical:

My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek! haha!

And the Earth is re-built later, so no worries...

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah...

Yes, I drove the car across. Any excuse for a road trip. :shift: No broker needed, just pull out the plastic. Hardly hurt a bit. Well, until I got my Visa statement... :cry:

Okay, first of all, it's VOGON. Vogon's are an alien alien race from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a science fiction novel by Douglas Adams. They destroy the Earth in the first chapter, so it might be best that you don't piss them off! :hysterical::hysterical:

My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek! haha!

And the Earth is re-built later, so no worries...

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah...

Yes, I drove the car across. Any excuse for a road trip. :shift: No broker needed, just pull out the plastic. Hardly hurt a bit. Well, until I got my Visa statement... :cry:

:hysterical: Good One Vogon :hysterical:

So I did trailer my car across, had the parts with me and my experience was similar, TAX TAX TAX, put it on the VISA. They didn't even look in the trailer or at the parts.

Al

:hysterical: Good One Vogon :hysterical:

So I did trailer my car across, had the parts with me and my experience was similar, TAX TAX TAX, put it on the VISA. They didn't even look in the trailer or at the parts.

Al

You know, with all we did, and all we paid, you'd think they could at least PRETEND to be interested. Oh well, at least you weren't hassled about it.

My wife and I are thinking about driving to Vancouver for Christmas. Maybe we can stop by and say hello on the way through? Bum a coffee? Check out whatever you might have in storage? Something black, maybe? :drool:

You know, with all we did, and all we paid, you'd think they could at least PRETEND to be interested. Oh well, at least you weren't hassled about it.

My wife and I are thinking about driving to Vancouver for Christmas. Maybe we can stop by and say hello on the way through? Bum a coffee? Check out whatever you might have in storage? Something black, maybe? :drool:

Anytime, just let me know when you are driving thru Kelowna.

Al

Al

That's great, thanks! I won't know until much closer to Christmas, as it depends on work at the time. The joys of being in your own small business...

I was just telling my wife the plan this morning, and started laughing when I got to the SuperSnake visit part. The phone was ringing, and I was laughing at her reaction so much that I couldn't say anything. :hysterical: I had to pass the phone over to her to talk.

Thank goodness it was our daughter, who understands her father is sometimes, um, less than serious... :D

That's great, thanks! I won't know until much closer to Christmas, as it depends on work at the time. The joys of being in your own small business...

I was just telling my wife the plan this morning, and started laughing when I got to the SuperSnake visit part. The phone was ringing, and I was laughing at her reaction so much that I couldn't say anything. :hysterical: I had to pass the phone over to her to talk.

Thank goodness it was our daughter, who understands her father is sometimes, um, less than serious... :D

:hysterical: Well if your :shift: thru stop in for a coffee. Maybe the wifes will have something in common, crazy husbands. :hysterical:

Al

Do you have a blue coupe?? I was in Kelowna this summer on holidays and when i came out of Walmart there was one parked right beside by black vert. I had to take a pic.

Can anybody pls. tell me costs @border with ss conversion done. Duty GST. ect. Do you have to pay any state taxes, if so is this refundable. Thx.

Hi there,just back from vacation......paid $4650.39 @the Ontario border ...

PST was $2861.78...GST$1788.61.......I could not believe paying tax on another

country's tax and on their labour.......twice!!!......OH .....refunds.....NOT!!!! :spend:

Hi there,just back from vacation......paid $4650.39 @the Ontario border ...

PST was $2861.78...GST$1788.61.......I could not believe paying tax on another

country's tax and on their labour.......twice!!!......OH .....refunds.....NOT!!!! :spend:

And now with the Canadian dollar tanking to 84 cents US, compared to $1.10 last year - ouch!

Do you have a blue coupe?? I was in Kelowna this summer on holidays and when i came out of Walmart there was one parked right beside by black vert. I had to take a pic.

Mine is a Black Coupe and it will never be parked at Walmart....lol

Al

• 4 months later...

Archived