TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Importing Shelby to Canada

mdwayne

Guest markham51

I have done the reverse (brought a Shelby from Canada to US) without any problems. I don't think legally they can deny you. Far too many cars go back and forth for them to have issue. I also moved my Range Rover Sport SC to Canada. They gave me hassle on installing DRLs for a reasonable price, but they do warranty work on it no problem.

Does anyone know the warranty implications of importing a shelby into Canada.

Thanks

I have an 07 gt500 from Galpin ford LA. warranty is no issue I am currently waiting for parts for the Clutch TSB from a Victoria BC dealer. the biggest deal for the import was the DRL. Ford will not release the code for the DRL without your import sticker information. Reason Ford wants proof that the unit is in Canada as the DRL affects the gas millage. it is really cool to have a USA Shelby in Canada ( Odometer in KM big #s on spedo in Miles). Make sure you have all of the car history ( for the TSB the dealer needed to know what dealer the car was delivered to). good luck bringing it in; 45k US dollars compared to 65k Canadian dollars (MSRP)

+1

Also have the car shipped by a car carrier across the border, it will save you the state tax

I have an 07 gt500 from Galpin ford LA. warranty is no issue I am currently waiting for parts for the Clutch TSB from a Victoria BC dealer. the biggest deal for the import was the DRL. Ford will not release the code for the DRL without your import sticker information. Reason Ford wants proof that the unit is in Canada as the DRL affects the gas millage. it is really cool to have a USA Shelby in Canada ( Odometer in KM big #s on spedo in Miles). Make sure you have all of the car history ( for the TSB the dealer needed to know what dealer the car was delivered to). good luck bringing it in; 45k US dollars compared to 65k Canadian dollars (MSRP)

I just imported a 2007 Shelby GT to Canada. The warranty implications are that Ford honours the vehicle warranty, however, if any of the Shelby add ons like the special grill, then you have to drive your vehicle to a Ford dealer on the other side of the boarder. I think though a Shelby GT500 is different because it is solely assembled in Dearborn. The GT's however are tweaked by Shelby in Las Vegas. Its still worth the hassle!!!!!!

There are no issues. About 3 weeks after I brought my car over, I received a letter from Ford of Canada congratulating me on my purchase and confirming my warranty. Bringing it over the border was way easier than I expected, as it only took me 20 minutes on the US side and 20 minutes on the Canadian side. The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the $1000 GG tax at the border. You pay $1,300 to the US side for a GG tax and then the same on this side, however I have heard of some people not having to pay it. I won't complain though, as I still saved $10,000 versus buying here. The dollar exchange will kill you now, and there are dealers selling verts in Calgary for $54,000 brand new so you may want to look around first.

• 2 months later...
I told the Nevada dealer that I was from Canada, and wouldn't be registering it in their state. No state tax... then I drove it home...

Got my 2008 SHELBY GT in NY State, 5 min. US Customs and 10 to 15 Min Canadian side. No gas Guzzler tax on Canadian side but paid it as part of SHELBY Package. No state tax as it was leaving Country Just GST at customs and PST when plated. Side note may be able to get Gas guzzler tax paid in us back, looking into it.

Only Mod required are DRLs, I have HID, got kit in states DOT and MOT approved, they work like a charm.

PJ :mademyday:

Archived