TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS, HOW DO YOU REPROGRAM THEM?

hi to all, i am getting a set of CS'69's 20 inch in chrome and i want to swap the tire pressure sensors to the new rims. i"ve read that they have to be reprogrammed? or will the sensors from my stock wheels just swap to the new rims. if there is a reprogramming protocol, can someone provide me with that. thanks to all.

hi to all, i am getting a set of CS'69's 20 inch in chrome and i want to swap the tire pressure sensors to the new rims. i"ve read that they have to be reprogrammed? or will the sensors from my stock wheels just swap to the new rims. if there is a reprogramming protocol, can someone provide me with that. thanks to all.

You will need the reprogramming tool you can buy from Ford. The people mounting your tires should be able to do it for you.

Speaking of tire pressures I have to add to mine about once a month. Anyone else having problems with slow leaks?

Air will leak, but not a lot. You might lose a couple of pounds in a month due to normal loss, and also due to temperature fluctuations as we move into the cold season.

Are you just losing pressure as the temperature drops, or losing air out of one of the tires? If it is a small amount all around, that's normal.

Air will leak, but not a lot. You might lose a couple of pounds in a month due to normal loss, and also due to temperature fluctuations as we move into the cold season.

Are you just losing pressure as the temperature drops, or losing air out of one of the tires? If it is a small amount all around, that's normal

Losing just enough to set of sensorabout once a month. Was told it is only about 3 or 4 lbs to set iti off.

Well, I'm not going to be much help here because my experience has been different.

I swapped the stock SGT 18" "Bullet" wheels for the FRP 18" "Marauder" wheels almost a year ago. They appear to be the same wheel, and no one has every commented on the difference. However, the "Marauder" wheel (FRP #M-1007-M188P, also listed as an option in the 2007 Mustang accessory catalogue)) has some features to it. A 50mm offset, rather than the 45mm offset of the stock wheel. This difference allowed me to explore the aftermarket brake options without buying new 20" wheels and tires.

The sensors were never more than 10 feet from LuLu during the upgrade at Discount Tire. Take off the old, band to the new (with adjustable bands) and re-tire with the stock BFG 235/50-18 tires,then drive away.

I'm planning on new tires soon, Pirelli 255/45-18 Assymetricos, and I don't expect my changeover to be any different. As long as the wheel sensors do not lose contact with the message center, you should be fine. However, this is just my guess.

Keep us posted?

Archived