TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa Wheels

blown9350lx

I know this has been asked and I looked at every post but it didnt answer the question im asking. Has anyone put 265/35/20 up front and 285/35/20 on the back as shelby recommended I would love to know how the car sits with those tire sizes ive seen 255 up front and 305 out back but no one has said they put the tire size that shelby recomended. Is there anyone that has pics that they can post of their cars with that tire size. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If do do a search you will find this:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=31489&hl=

Yes I found that post and many others spoke to that person but he is using 275 up front and 305 out back looks nice but too big of a tire kind of sticks out I dont want that shelby recommended the 265 front and 285 rear just want to know if anyone has put that size tire on their alcoa's and if they have any pics.

Yes I found that post and many others spoke to that person but he is using 275 up front and 305 out back looks nice but too big of a tire kind of sticks out I dont want that shelby recommended the 265 front and 285 rear just want to know if anyone has put that size tire on their alcoa's and if they have any pics.

Are you sure Shelby recommends 285's on the rear for the Alcoas? When I called them a few weeks back on of thier sales reps said Shelby recommended 275's on the rear with the 20's. He said any bigger and it may rub, especially on a lowered vehicle.

I know this has been asked and I looked at every post but it didnt answer the question im asking. Has anyone put 265/35/20 up front and 285/35/20 on the back as shelby recommended I would love to know how the car sits with those tire sizes ive seen 255 up front and 305 out back but no one has said they put the tire size that shelby recomended. Is there anyone that has pics that they can post of their cars with that tire size. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Actually Shelby recommends: 255/35/20 in the Front & 275/35/20 in the rear.

post-7616-1223295053_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1223295053_thumb.jpg

Yah I want 315's

My Alcoas are for sale... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34657

Yeah im serious they told me 265/35/20 front and 285/35/20 rear but I havent seen any cars with those tires on however ive seen bigger like 275 front and 305 rear, I just called again they have a tech sheet from the warehouse saying that the 265 and 285 are recommended and within specs I wonder if they changed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine in yesterday. Went to mount the sensors today so I could take them to get the tires mounted when I noticed milling flaws on two of the rims. SPP is supposed to send two new ones out today. :banghead:

post-6807-1225834405_thumb.jpgpost-6807-1225834423_thumb.jpg

post-6807-1225834442_thumb.jpgpost-6807-1225834455_thumb.jpg

They wanted pictures to send to the Alcoa rep so that they can pick them up and get new ones out. I only had my camera phone. The pictures don't fully show the issues. They look like a milling process gone bad.

Enrique at SPP seems to be very helpful so far...

post-6807-1225834405_thumb.jpg

post-6807-1225834423_thumb.jpg

post-6807-1225834442_thumb.jpg

post-6807-1225834455_thumb.jpg

I got mine in yesterday. Went to mount the sensors today so I could take them to get the tires mounted when I noticed milling flaws on two of the rims. SPP is supposed to send two new ones out today. :banghead:

post-6807-1225834405_thumb.jpgpost-6807-1225834423_thumb.jpg

post-6807-1225834442_thumb.jpgpost-6807-1225834455_thumb.jpg

They wanted pictures to send to the Alcoa rep so that they can pick them up and get new ones out. I only had my camera phone. The pictures don't fully show the issues. They look like a milling process gone bad.

Enrique at SPP seems to be very helpful so far...

Wow that sucks, At least they are talking care of you and sending replacements. I got mine and they are all perfect. The only thing I think that looks cheap is the center cap. I was wondering if anyone was able to use the SVT center caps.

Wow that sucks, At least they are talking care of you and sending replacements. I got mine and they are all perfect. The only thing I think that looks cheap is the center cap. I was wondering if anyone was able to use the SVT center caps.

They said the SVT ones won't work. Since the wheels don't come with any, the only option appears to be the plastic ones SPP sells for $125/ set... :banghead:

that really sucks MM

here's a thought.......

real camera + center console = better pictures........... :hysterical:

I don't care about the pictures. I think it sucks that they even wanted pictures and I don't know why they are waiting to hear from Alcoa. I didn't buy the wheels from Alcoa and it's obvious from my cheesy pics that its a flaw. They are messing up my track time... :banghead:

This is the latest correspondence from SPP. When I called to find out what it means, they said they will gladly send for a pickup and refund my money. Well that's just what I wanted. That's why I ordered them in the first place, so I could be inconvenienced and hold them for a week and send them back. :banghead: They didn't have any and didn't seem to want to check on when they would. All of the BS that I have heard about SPP has been validated. That's my last failed order with them. Enrique was very polite, but was unable to offer any other resolution than to accept a return.

John,

This is the response I got from our rep at Alcoa. I took their name and

email out since we can't give that information out. I'm sorry but we do

not have these in stock anymore.

Enrique J. Trinidad

Shelby Performance Parts

(702) 853-2068

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:58 AM

To: Enrique Trinidad

Subject: RE: IMG00046.jpg

Enrique,

I don't see wheels on a regular bases so I forwarded your email to our

quality department today. I will let you know as soon as I know

something.

Thanks!

Customer Service Representative

Alcoa Forge Specialty Wheel

From: Enrique Trinidad [mailto:etrinidad@shelbyperformanceparts.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:20 PM

To:

Subject: FW: IMG00046.jpg

I don't mean to be a pain, but are these normal? I checked a couple of

wheels here and they don't have these same swirly marks and knicks. A

customer is complaining about them.

Enrique J. Trinidad

Shelby Performance Parts

(702) 853-2068

This is the latest correspondence from SPP. When I called to find out what it means, they said they will gladly send for a pickup and refund my money. Well that's just what I wanted. That's why I ordered them in the first place, so I could be inconvenienced and hold them for a week and send them back. :banghead: They didn't have any and didn't seem to want to check on when they would. All of the BS that I have heard about SPP has been validated. That's my last failed order with them. Enrique was very polite, but was unable to offer any other resolution than to accept a return.

John,

This is the response I got from our rep at Alcoa. I took their name and

email out since we can't give that information out. I'm sorry but we do

not have these in stock anymore.

Enrique J. Trinidad

Shelby Performance Parts

(702) 853-2068

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:58 AM

To: Enrique Trinidad

Subject: RE: IMG00046.jpg

Enrique,

I don't see wheels on a regular bases so I forwarded your email to our

quality department today. I will let you know as soon as I know

something.

Thanks!

Customer Service Representative

Alcoa Forge Specialty Wheel

From: Enrique Trinidad [mailto:etrinidad@shelbyperformanceparts.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:20 PM

To:

Subject: FW: IMG00046.jpg

I don't mean to be a pain, but are these normal? I checked a couple of

wheels here and they don't have these same swirly marks and knicks. A

customer is complaining about them.

Enrique J. Trinidad

Shelby Performance Parts

(702) 853-2068

That's a pretty ridiculous response. "we do not have these in stock anymore." What does that mean? Did they stop making them? SPP can't put you on backorder for a new set? SPP seriously needs to evaluate their operations. If I was running SPP, this kind of performance would be unacceptable.

I boxed them up and told them to come get them. They had no solution and didn't offer to get me the corrected rims. Only that they didn't have any more. They can come and get them and the crappy, plastic, $125 hub caps. Shelby Performance Parts has provided crappy customer service and I will spend my money elsewhere from now on. I think they could have had Alcoa drop ship me two in there next shipment, but that wasn't offered. They can drag their feet as long as they want. I just put the purchase in dispute with my credit card company until my card is credited the full amount. Buy at your own risk. I knew better, I've heard the horror stories.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I installed them yesterday and all I can say is wow they look sweet. I went for a cruise and my dumb luck looks like a rock already hit a spoke and made a mark. What do you all think? I went with the Nitto NT555 255 Front and 275 Rear.

Very cool. Best looking wheels out there. IMO

Archived