TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Breakfast Club - October

ColoradoShelbyGT

Okay, I've started a new thread for this coming weekend. Below is Rick's suggestion for our get together.

"Hey guys!

It looks like we have several votes for having the next breakfast in Boulder with follow-up pics at the Shelby American Collection museum. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

The museum is only open on Saturdays, so this weekend probably would not work.

Please give me you feedback on Saturday, October 11th.

Rick"

Looks like we have 3 confirmed coming up from the south, vipereatr, kleencobra, and coloradoshelbygt. 3railbank and CoSGT500 are still possibles. What time and where are we meeting?

Wes

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research, and I'm not having much luck on finding a location for breakfast in Boulder. There are several breakfast places, but they are either two small for our group or there is little or no parking.

The best prospect in Boulder I have found so far is Le Peep at 28th and Arapahoe. There's quite a bit of parking in the area, but I'm not sure how big the place is. I haven't called them yet to see if they can handle our group. There's also a place called The Buff, but it doesn't look like there's all that much parking.

There's also a Mimi's south of Boulder at Flatirons. They definitely can handle us and there's lots of parking.

Is there anyone around here more familiar with Boulder that can offer up any ideas?

Date: October 11th

Time: 9:30am

Place: TBD

After Breakfast: Shelby American Collection Museum (5020 Chaparral Ct, Boulder, CO)

We are up to 12 Shelbys and 23 people so far.

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research, and I'm not having much luck on finding a location for breakfast in Boulder. There are several breakfast places, but they are either two small for our group or there is little or no parking.

The best prospect in Boulder I have found so far is Le Peep at 28th and Arapahoe. There's quite a bit of parking in the area, but I'm not sure how big the place is. I haven't called them yet to see if they can handle our group. There's also a place called The Buff, but it doesn't look like there's all that much parking.

There's also a Mimi's south of Boulder at Flatirons. They definitely can handle us and there's lots of parking.

Is there anyone around here more familiar with Boulder that can offer up any ideas?

Date: October 11th

Time: 9:30am

Place: TBD

After Breakfast: Shelby American Collection Museum (5020 Chaparral Ct, Boulder, CO)

We are up to 12 Shelbys and 23 people so far.

I don't know Boulder, but if we met at Mimi's at Flatirons we could all cruise in to the museum together which might be kind of fun.

I don't know Boulder, but if we met at Mimi's at Flatirons we could all cruise in to the museum together which might be kind of fun.

I would agree that Flatirons would be best with the parking, Flatirons gives us a good meeting place and good access to 36, did anyone see if CU is home or away?

I would agree that Flatirons would be best with the parking, Flatirons gives us a good meeting place and good access to 36, did anyone see if CU is home or away?

CU is playing Kansas in Kansas.

I vote for Mimi's in Flatirons too. I'll give them a call to make sure they've got room.

Details are set for the October Shelby Breakfast:

Date: Saturday, October 11th.

Time: 9:30 am

Where: Mimi's Cafe, Flatirons (100 E Flatiron Cir, Broomfield, CO) Just off Hwy 36 and the NW Parkway.

After Breakfast: Caravan up to the Shelby American Museum for a tour and pics. Tour cost is $5.00/person.

Note on time: There is an 85th B-Day party at 8:00am. If they run long, we might have to hang out in the parking lot and talk about cars for a little while.

I've received 11 yes, one maybe and 2 no so far. Please let me know if you are attending as soon as you can.

Even though the group was smaller, the breakfast and tour of the Shelby Museum was lots of fun. It was nice of the museum guys to give away a few posters. The questions were kind of tough: think I was very far off when I guessed 1200 lbs for the weight of the aluminum Cobra body? Well, just by 1166 lbs.

Thanks Rob, Lindsey and Joseph for caravaning up from the Springs together. It was fun and I think we proved it doesn't take very long to get to Boulder!The weather cooperated on the drive up, but it rained pretty hard on the trip back home.

John, I'm really sorry to hear about your car. Hope its fixed up soon and we look forward to seeing you at the next breakfast.

Tony, I'll contact you soon about the pulley. Thanks for helping figure out my next mod. It was nice to meet your family; you've got a great bunch!

To everyone else, thanks for being there and we'll see you next time!

(No pics, forgot my camera.)

Wes

Even though the group was smaller, the breakfast and tour of the Shelby Museum was lots of fun. It was nice of the museum guys to give away a few posters. The questions were kind of tough: think I was very far off when I guessed 1200 lbs for the weight of the aluminum Cobra body? Well, just by 1166 lbs.

Thanks Rob, Lindsey and Joseph for caravaning up from the Springs together. It was fun and I think we proved it doesn't take very long to get to Boulder!The weather cooperated on the drive up, but it rained pretty hard on the trip back home.

John, I'm really sorry to hear about your car. Hope its fixed up soon and we look forward to seeing you at the next breakfast.

Tony, I'll contact you soon about the pulley. Thanks for helping figure out my next mod. It was nice to meet your family; you've got a great bunch!

To everyone else, thanks for being there and we'll see you next time!

(No pics, forgot my camera.)

Wes

I had a great time today, thanks for the talk and pictures! See you all next time!

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet007.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet021.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet011.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet005.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet008.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet007.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet021.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet011.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet005.jpg

ShelbyBreakfastClubMeet008.jpg

Wish I could have been there, but as I was pulling out of my driveway a huge pit bull trash can attacked with the following result:

:cry::angry22::censored:

Actually, operator error the root cause :banghead::fan:

Oh well, see you next time.

Ouch! But luckily it was only the mirror, a relatively painless fix - no paint. Over the years my garage has bit me a few times. The most painful was when one of the kids opened the back door of the Suburban as we were backing out. Doors aren't supposed to bend that way!

Now Jill and I are really bummed out. :cry: Our car has been down since we went to Garden of the Gods... :car:

Great pictures

Can't wait car is suppose to be done on Thursday.

I feel the need for Speed .... :salute::peelout::peelout:

$5600.00 later - All covered under the TSB.

We picked the Car up last night all's I can say is OMG!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :peelout:

Archived