TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT vs Shelby GT-H

Larry T

If giving the chance in 6-9 months from now would you pay $35K for a new 2007 Shelby GT or a used rented 2007 Shelby GT-H?

If the Hertz came with a 1 year warranty and was no more that $30,000.00 I would go for the Hertz.

MM

I think your dreaming to think the H is going for 30-35K.

Hello, i don't know about dreaming but that is going to be what the comparisions will be when this occurs. And remember for a long time 350GT-H were considered by alot of people as not real Shelby's. The funny thing is the same fight is raging right now about the 2007 GT500.

The H's are only 1,000 in number. I understand the Shelby GT will be 8-10k per year for two years. That makes 20,000 GT's to 1,000 H's. That is what, I believe, will drive the H to $50,000 or more at auction at the end of its rental service. The popular consensus seems to be $50-70k for a beat up rental car. The H is as much a true Shelby as the GT and GT500. Just see the SAAC web site and hear it from the man in black himself. Who would be more of an authority on "true Shelbys".

I think your dreaming to think the H is going for 30-35K.

Yes.....dreaming maybe, but one dream did come true!

I have a new GT500 and paid list price.

That was a dream at first................MMpost-2888-1160273328_thumb.jpgpost-2888-1160273402_thumb.jpgpost-2888-1160273447_thumb.jpg

post-2888-1160273328_thumb.jpg

post-2888-1160273402_thumb.jpg

post-2888-1160273447_thumb.jpg

Yes.....dreaming maybe, but one dream did come true!

I have a new GT500 and paid list price.

That was a dream at first................MMpost-2888-1160273328_thumb.jpgpost-2888-1160273402_thumb.jpgpost-2888-1160273447_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Did you get it @ MSRP because you had a deal from long ago, or did you find a reasonable dealer, OR has the market made it down to list price now?

This could be the start of a lot of fun!!! :bandance:

Also, re: the choice between an "H" versus a

"regular" new GT (Shelby) - I'd have to take the new car due to the lack of thrashing!!!

Those rentals (I rented one) are sure to have been abused big time!

Plus the very crappy auto trans is a huge drawback!!!!

Also, re: the choice between an "H" versus a

"regular" new GT (Shelby) - I'd have to take the new car due to the lack of thrashing!!!

Those rentals (I rented one) are sure to have been abused big time!

Plus the very crappy auto trans is a huge drawback!!!!

I'll buy that, however, I feel the H will be worth more down the road if you are eyeing the investment angle. If I bought the H, it would only be for novelty from an investment angle, unlike my outlook on my GT 500 or possibly Shelby GT.

post-6807-1160276037_thumb.jpg

It would also appear that we had the same engine builders. Heres to J. Donovan & Gary Smith :party::woohoo::rockon:

Looks like Gary signed 1st on my engine.

I have a client in Winnipeg with the name Gary Smith. I sent him the pic cuz he wanted it as his background on his computer. He has a restored ground-up 1969 Mustang. He said he should have bought a Shelby or a BOSS.

I want an Auto Shelby GT so I can drive it all year round including winter in Canada. Snow Chains.

MM

Awesome! Did you get it @ MSRP because you had a deal from long ago, or did you find a reasonable dealer, OR has the market made it down to list price now?

This could be the start of a lot of fun!!! :bandance:

In Canada most of the dealers sold for MSRP.

I just put down $5000.00 deposit and that was it.

No haggling or anything.

It was the easiest auto purchase in my life!

$51,999.00 CDN

Told them to get me a Shelby GT.

Mike :doh:

Looks like Gary signed 1st on my engine.

I have a client in Winnipeg with the name Gary Smith. I sent him the pic cuz he wanted it as his background on his computer. He has a restored ground-up 1969 Mustang. He said he should have bought a Shelby or a BOSS.

I want an Auto Shelby GT so I can drive it all year round including winter in Canada. Snow Chains.

MM

In Canada most of the dealers sold for MSRP.

I just put down $5000.00 deposit and that was it.

No haggling or anything.

It was the easiest auto purchase in my life!

$51,999.00 CDN

Told them to get me a Shelby GT.

Mike :doh:

I too told my dealer to get me a Shelby GT. Don't know if I really want it or will take delivery. I'm kinda thinking a GT 350 will be comming in the next few years. :shrug:

I too told my dealer to get me a Shelby GT. Don't know if I really want it or will take delivery. I'm kinda thinking a GT 350 will be comming in the next few years. :shrug:

Hello, i kind of hope the Shelby GT becomes the GT350 because i think if they introduce another Shelby I feel as though it will start to water down a already fragile picture of collectability for the 3 current models that are out there.

Actually there are only 500 Shelby GT-H's produced...and yes, they will all be abused by the time they are auctioned off. :sos:

I heard talk of a Shelby GT with a Shelby GTH option package to reproduce the Hertz Shelby GTH's.

I heard talk of a Shelby GT with a Shelby GTH option package to reproduce the Hertz Shelby GTH's.

Close, but no cigar. Look for the GT-H hood to be an available option on the Shelby GT.

Yup, only 500 GT-H's were produced. I feel that the first few -H's to hit the auction block will be big $$$ (a dealer looking to cash in early), but as news spreads about the Shelby GT (new car, same options, no traction control delete, standard trans., etc) the bottom will fall out. I predict (and we'll come back to this thread later to prove this) that these -H's will fall to about $20k at dealer auction when things settle down. They will be the unloved stangs once again.

With regards to the GT500 not being a real "Shelby"....well, if you go to the Shelby American web site, you can read Amy B's comment that basically states these will be recognized as real Shelbys at SAAC. Personally, I don't think that just because the GT500 was made at the Factory, Licensed under Shelby, makes it a fake one. In fact, Ford has this production thing down "pat". There is absolutely no draw back to having one built at Ford. Shelby is not turning the wrenches on the cars that are shipped to him. Personally, I love both cars for different reasons.

PS-- CONGRATS ON THE NEW '500s, GUYS!!!!! HAPPY DRIVING!!! ;)

Close, but no cigar. Look for the GT-H hood to be an available option on the Shelby GT.

Yup, only 500 GT-H's were produced. I feel that the first few -H's to hit the auction block will be big $$$ (a dealer looking to cash in early), but as news spreads about the Shelby GT (new car, same options, no traction control delete, standard trans., etc) the bottom will fall out. I predict (and we'll come back to this thread later to prove this) that these -H's will fall to about $20k at dealer auction when things settle down. They will be the unloved stangs once again.

With regards to the GT500 not being a real "Shelby"....well, if you go to the Shelby American web site, you can read Amy B's comment that basically states these will be recognized as real Shelbys at SAAC. Personally, I don't think that just because the GT500 was made at the Factory, Licensed under Shelby, makes it a fake one. In fact, Ford has this production thing down "pat". There is absolutely no draw back to having one built at Ford. Shelby is not turning the wrenches on the cars that are shipped to him. Personally, I love both cars for different reasons.

PS-- CONGRATS ON THE NEW '500s, GUYS!!!!! HAPPY DRIVING!!! ;)

I agree with Crispy, only a matter of time till all current Shelby can be had for a reasonable buck, and i do mean all of them and i think the future will hold that the Shelby GT and the Shelby GTH are the more desirable versions but not the most powerful available at the time.

• 1 month later...

I'll chime in with my opinion here... I recently rented a GT-H for a Ford show here. Great car. Tons of fun and lots of looks. And yes, I drove it like a rental. Ford/Shelby will have to go through the GT-H's before they sell them off for sure... at least the one I had. I like the idea of having the option to put the GT-H hood on the GT... the Gt's hood is so lame it's unbelievable. I can't stand the fake hood scoop... what were they thinking?? I was so happy when I saw the 05+ models.. no more fake scoops. Why did they step backwards?

That being said, I'd get the new Shelby GT with a the GT-H hood before I bought a used rental car with an auto trans.

I agree VAiN. There is nothing "special" to differentiate the GT-H from the GT, except a mandatory automatic, and the fact that they will have been beaten on. There is no performance difference. History usually dictates what cars are collectible, and low production is usually not going to keep the value growing- year after year- in and of itself. JMO, dudes & dudettes :)

Shelby GT= Same thing, but with stick or auto, and (hopefully) 373 gears for quicker getaways!

Archived