TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Chatter

magrag

I just read TSB 08-16-4 for the fist time.

I do not see clutch chatter listed, although it has always been my experence ( 40 years of working on cars) that clutch chatter is caused by a warped flywheel or pressure plate.

Some of you say the TSB will cover and correct my chatter and others say they don't think theTSB will cover chatter.

One other question??? Will they take the transmission apart and replace input shaft and all sychronizers as part of TSB 08-16-4??? ( This make me a little nervous)

I have found that my trans only has a slight resistance (grind) when shifting to 2ond when cold. I usually shift from 1st to 3rd when I first start out from my garage. My next stop is about 2 miles down the road and then it shifts fine as it seems the lube has thinned out a little.

Advise is appreciated!!

Thanks Magrag

Yes the TSB rebuilds the syncros and puts a revised inputshaft in the tranny. Inside the tranny kit there is a parts list. Here is what it contains. It's all part of the TSB.

th_TUET5800Trannyrebuild010.jpg

Hiss gone bye bye!

The light hiss in nuetral that proves the clutch is dragging is gone with the TSB.

The Hiss when you let the clutch out in 1st or reverse is and always will be present. You need to be next to a drive in bank teller window or backing out of your shop to hear it. It's perfectly normal to hear that Hiss because it is the ceramic pads grabbing the flywheel. If your unit is brand new....give it 20 miles and you will hear that hiss come back. IT'S NORMAL.

The light hiss in nuetral that proves the clutch is dragging is gone with the TSB.

The Hiss when you let the clutch out in 1st or reverse is and always will be present. You need to be next to a drive in bank teller window or backing out of your shop to hear it. It's perfectly normal to hear that Hiss because it is the ceramic pads grabbing the flywheel. If your unit is brand new....give it 20 miles and you will hear that hiss come back. IT'S NORMAL.

Grabber, I can live with the hiss when it returns.(sounds like a snake!) I'm just happy the way my car drives now and I can have piece of mind that the tsb was performed.

Grabber, I can live with the hiss (sounds like a snake!) I'm just happy the way my car drives now and I can have piece of mind that the tsb was performed.

right ON.

Trust me....I know the feeling, and it is Good !!! :)

Archived