TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A few pics of our engines

While waiting for my FFRP CAI to be installed I took a few pics of our motor.

Jeez Louise, that's one hella of a dealer you have there; they seem to be very through. They took your whole engine out of the car just to add the CAI to it?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Jeez Louise, that's one hella of a dealer you have there; they seem to be very through. They took your whole engine out of the car just to add the CAI to it?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I was wondering why it took them so long to install. I have to admitt I was a little nervous when they brought in the cherry picker. :hysterical::hysterical:

So that's what that #$%@ing serpentine belt looks like. I've got it down by touch but never seen really seen it.

I have a FE390 (6.4L) sitting on a stand in my garage. It is still smaller than our modular 5.4L! The one thing I do like about the older engines is that they are painted Ford Corporate Blue. I would love to see a painted 5.4L installed.

Does anybody know if the GT500 motor would fit in a Fox body car? That would be one killer combination. Light weight and a ton of power!

I have a FE390 (6.4L) sitting on a stand in my garage. It is still smaller than our modular 5.4L! The one thing I do like about the older engines is that they are painted Ford Corporate Blue. I would love to see a painted 5.4L installed.

Does anybody know if the GT500 motor would fit in a Fox body car? That would be one killer combination. Light weight and a ton of power!

Funny that you should ask that question. I just came home from a all Mustang show today, and sure enough, there were two Fox bodied stangs that had the 4.6 Terminator Cobra engines in them. Not the 5.4 as you suggested, but I don't think that the dementions between the two engines are that far off.

I also saw a 66 Mustang coupe running a 4.6 Terminator engine in it too.

Was this FE390 DOHC like 5.4l, or OHV? (I don't know the FE390 engine).

If OHV, you have the answer...

I seem to remember seeing where a Muscle Mustangs editor was swapping a GT500 engine into a fox body. (Or was it 5.0 Mustangs???) Either way it was an issue from the last 3 months or so. He was just stating he was about to get started.....haven't seen a write up yet.

I seem to remember seeing where a Muscle Mustangs editor was swapping a GT500 engine into a fox body. (Or was it 5.0 Mustangs???) Either way it was an issue from the last 3 months or so. He was just stating he was about to get started.....haven't seen a write up yet.

I didn't see that write-up. That would be a story to follow. I've seen a project on SVTP where somebody was putting it into a 65 Comet.

I didn't see that write-up. That would be a story to follow. I've seen a project on SVTP where somebody was putting it into a 65 Comet.

I saw one in a 1967 Mustang Fastback at the Milan NMRA event. It was a beautifully done vehicle.

Flashback to 1967

P.S. Thanks for the photos, the serpentine belt routing came in real handy when I had to put the belts back on after installing theWhipple.

Archived