TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Pics

zhb353

The tint really compliments this car, especially with the troch red combo. It even helps the black mirrors to look more appropriate. I was trying to decide if I would tint and how dark. Your pics helped me make up my mind. Thanks!

Yep, that looks cool! I was waiting to see some tint photos, I hope I can do 15 percent in Illinois. My state has tight tinting restrictions.

Yep, that looks cool! I was waiting to see some tint photos, I hope I can do 15 percent in Illinois. My state has tight tinting restrictions.

ANY aftermarket tint on ANY window is illegal in Illinois. That is, unless you have a prescription from an eye doctor or other physician. Hellooo? Lenscrafters????

:shift:

bj

ANY aftermarket tint on ANY window is illegal in Illinois. That is, unless you have a prescription from an eye doctor or other physician. Hellooo? Lenscrafters????

:shift:

bj

..the last info I pulled off the web said you (illinois) could tint rear and rear side as much as you wanted. Still doesn't help you with the front side tho. I see a prescription in your future :hysterical:

link to illinois law

its a shame Missouri only allows 35% net on the front side windows, I like how the 15% looks

John

sorry I did not just go ahead and post the primary link to the tint laws initially. Here it is

tint laws by state

it's a year old, but I'm guessing that most states don't revisit this type of stuff very often. Your tint shop should also be able to verify this information

John

Mines getting 20% on Monday.

it looks like the OK law allows 25% net for the front side windows; but if you put on 20%, I don't know how you could ever really be ticketed. Does anyone know if cops really ever carry around devices to measure this????

Archived