TEAM SHELBY FORUM

K/B installed and running good

Who installed it for you? Shelby?

Got my car back yesterday,it went in a boy and came out a man. :happy feet: Jeff_HP.jpgPicture_073.jpg

Who installed it for you? Shelby?

Modular power house in Cartersville GA. did the install,they are on the dyno sheet scan I posted.Ask for Tim the owner,he will treat you right and do exactly what he say's he will do.I told him that if the K/B tune did not act right to not mess around with it and go ahead and install a custom tune which would translate into an automatic $450 custom tune at some shops but the K/B tune worked out fine and he left it at that.I drove it home which is about 85 miles to my house and is mostly interstate, jumping down from 5th to 4th at about 80mph and kicking it will leave no doubt. Just need a strut brace and some 93 and all will be right.

Jeff

Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, part number M-20201-F

I noticed a noise coming from the front of my car in the area of the heat exchanger and I’m guessing that it’s coming from the pump on the exchanger, I can only hear it when sitting at an idle and it’s intermittent not continuous. It sure sounds like a small pump to me. Have you are anyone else noticed this with their k/b sc? Also thanks for all the info and the pictures you posted in this and other threads, they were a big help for me to know what a K/B install should look like after the install.

Jeff

Dig-It, will this strut tower brace clear the whipple also?

Will this strut tower brace fit with the stock SGT hood?

Thank you 69

Sorry, it won't clear the Whipple. It does fit under the stock hood. It's the same part used in the Bullitt and the V-6 Handling Pkg.

I noticed a noise coming from the front of my car in the area of the heat exchanger and I’m guessing that it’s coming from the pump on the exchanger, I can only hear it when sitting at an idle and it’s intermittent not continuous. It sure sounds like a small pump to me. Have you are anyone else noticed this with their k/b sc? Also thanks for all the info and the pictures you posted in this and other threads, they were a big help for me to know what a K/B install should look like after the install.

Jeff

Jeff, I think that KB used a ceramic bearing for the idler pulley (just below the supercharger pulley). Mine makes noise when I first start the engine. It's steadily decreasing the more I drive it. I'm assuming it's the bearing wearing in.

Archived