TEAM SHELBY FORUM

garage 419 covers the terlingua event

tao

I've got to say...

My Terlingua sounds so much more cooler than theirs. They don't even come close to catching the rumble of it as the engine gets close to bouncing off the rev limiter, you put the clutch in to shift gears and the engine starts to wind down and gives that throaty bom bom bom. Then again...maybe it's because of the damage I've done to mine that makes it sound better :hysterical:

crushed side pipes or actual crushed mufflers? just how low did you go? :hysterical: inquiring minds and all that

Dunno. Side pipes were imbeded into the body of the car. The exhaust is a wee bit low for the lift in my trailer and I smashed them both up into the body when going up the ramps onto the lift when trying to put the car in the trailer in Terlingua. Ended up having to put the heavier GT500 on the top of the trailer and the Terlingua on the bottom. Worked fine (obviously).

Currently I'm working on crushing the pipes with my driveway. Screwing up my driveway in the process too. Working on a solution, I don't have one yet, but I'm working on one. :headscratch:

that's a bummer

when Howard was dropping off VB's Terlingua he had to add some 2x12's (maybe 2x8's) onto the ramps in order to change the angle of the ramps. That little extra of 1 3/4" (2x's aren't actually 2") was enough to shallow the slope for the vehicle when slowly driven to clear the pipes

as for your driveway I hate to say it but the only solution is to either add asphalt or cut (I don't know the specifics of your driveway) in order to shallow the slope enough for clearance

I would also get the car on a lift and see if there is anyway to tuck the exhaust up higher (which may or may not be possible)

Archived