TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So..Where is this mysterious land at that Team Shelby owns?

SPRSNK

It was mentioned that Team Shelby owned some land down by Terlingua. Where is it? Anyone know or is it an ancient Chinese secret?

I think it was the Terlingua Ranch lodge that he owned 17 miles from the 118. He owned several hundredthousands acres.

Not was...but currently does own. It was mentioned that "TEAM SHELBY owns" during one of the speeches.

The Terlingua Ranch Lodge is closed - temporarily - maybe permanently. No one knows at this time. I read that the Board of Directors will reconsider in April 2009 whether or not to reopen. Also depends on if they can dig the Ranch out of the financial hole they're in. Even with a 300 percent increase in maintenance fees in the last 5 years and 3 extra "one-time only" supplemental income fees, the Ranch still had a large deficit because of the free-spending General Manager who contributed to this very big problem. There were over a thousand property owners voting on whether or not to accept a new Terlingua Ranch Maintenance Agreement, which would have been detrimental to the property owners for a lot of reasons. Five-hundred plus voters said NO. More than a few loud property owners I would say.

Archived