TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twin Turbo SGT

541 RWTQ...

10.88 ET...

8 PSI of boost, no supercharger "overhead"...

Sweet.

I've been telling folks here that it's all about RWTQ, now they can see that.

Thank you!

Absolutely! I love this thing. Haven't run across too many things on the street that want to tangle with it either. Not that I would engage in such activities......... :shift:

I have this setup installed on my Mustang GT. Below are the pictures taken by 5.0 Mustangs magazine during the install on Rick Head's Shelby GT. Rick is the owner of Exile Turbo Systems and he designed the kit.

turbosetup3.jpg

turbosetup4.jpg

turbosetup1.jpg

turbosetup5.jpg

Can't remember what the system made on Rick's car but my GT is set at 8 psi, 11.5:1 a/f ratio, 12 degrees timing, 93 octane fuel, and has a completely stock 17K mile 3V engine. 477 rwhp and 541 rwtq. At 3820 lbs with 3.31 gears I have run as quick as 10.88 at 128 mph. Car drives like a dream and knocks down 18 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway.

I have shown this kit to Amy B. and Gary P. so they are aware of what it can do. Hoping to be able to discuss it with them again before the PRI show. There is another company that is looking at taking over production of this system. They are able to lower the fabrication costs so the kit will be priced competitively with the Hellion and Powerhouse kits. Stay tuned, gang.

is Exile and Team-PPI the same company? Rick sent me an email back in July from Team-PPI with a copy of his dyno sheet, 456.53 Max HP and 493.27 Max Torque.

Thank you for all the answers, the kit does look really good and I like that it doesn't require any cutting.

Is the MAF now a draw through or a blow through? Actually, stupid question as I see the filters on the turbos. Where did you relocate the MAF too?

How does the oil make it from the turbos up to the pump near the head lights? I'd think the turbos would smoke from oil getting past the seals with the pump that high. That is very odd.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and information.

is Exile and Team-PPI the same company? Rick sent me an email back in July from Team-PPI with a copy of his dyno sheet, 456.53 Max HP and 493.27 Max Torque.

Rick is an engineering consultant to Team Performance. Exile is Rick's own company. He deals with shops and individual racers while providing technical support to Team Perf.

Thank you for all the answers, the kit does look really good and I like that it doesn't require any cutting.

Is the MAF now a draw through or a blow through? Actually, stupid question as I see the filters on the turbos. Where did you relocate the MAF too?

The MAF is located on the backside of the carbon fiber inlet. Pretty much in the stock location. Check the overhead engine compartment photo above and you can see the MAF plug just to the left of the connection from the charge tube to the carbon fiber inlet.

How does the oil make it from the turbos up to the pump near the head lights? I'd think the turbos would smoke from oil getting past the seals with the pump that high. That is very odd.

I thought so too. As long as the oil is circulating from the oil pressure it is picked up easily by the pump. There is also a check valve in the return line just after the Y-fitting from each turbo that keeps oil from "pooling" near the seals. The higher oil pressure of the modular engines keeps the oil moving pretty well through the bearing journals. With my setup I usually cycle the key back on after killing the engine and let the pump run for 20 seconds or so to thoroughly drain the return line. I have seen another setup that mounted the pump just under the tailshaft of the transmission but that scared the crap out of me. Rick's is mounted a bit lower than mine but still safely tucked behind the front valance. His also returns the oil to the oil pan where mine goes into the valve cover.

• 2 months later...
I have this setup installed on my Mustang GT. Below are the pictures taken by 5.0 Mustangs magazine during the install on Rick Head's Shelby GT. Rick is the owner of Exile Turbo Systems and he designed the kit.

turbosetup3.jpg

turbosetup4.jpg

turbosetup1.jpg

turbosetup5.jpg

Can't remember what the system made on Rick's car but my GT is set at 8 psi, 11.5:1 a/f ratio, 12 degrees timing, 93 octane fuel, and has a completely stock 17K mile 3V engine. 477 rwhp and 541 rwtq. At 3820 lbs with 3.31 gears I have run as quick as 10.88 at 128 mph. Car drives like a dream and knocks down 18 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway.

I have shown this kit to Amy B. and Gary P. so they are aware of what it can do. Hoping to be able to discuss it with them again before the PRI show. There is another company that is looking at taking over production of this system. They are able to lower the fabrication costs so the kit will be priced competitively with the Hellion and Powerhouse kits. Stay tuned, gang.

ShadowLands,

Any new news on the TT kit?

Howell

Is Tasca planning on doing these installs on a regular basis now, or did SAI shut this down?

If one of one, why did they do yours? Was it a guinea pig for the manufacturer or did you just get lucky?

I like the turbo setup, but am interested in getting a supercharger installed that isn't on SAI's sanctioned list of suppliers. I'm just really curious as to how you got a Shelby mod shop to do the install on this.

Thanks for any further input.

Ken

Is Tasca planning on doing these installs on a regular basis now, or did SAI shut this down?

If one of one, why did they do yours? Was it a guinea pig for the manufacturer or did you just get lucky?

I like the turbo setup, but am interested in getting a supercharger installed that isn't on SAI's sanctioned list of suppliers. I'm just really curious as to how you got a Shelby mod shop to do the install on this.

Thanks for any further input.

Ken

I wanted something different so I talked them into it. Tasca also has their own Performance Shop so they can do other builds besides SAI packages.

Archived