TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twin Turbo SGT

I saw this posted before. It's a SGT/TC that I guess was done at Tasca. It's running a Turbonetics setup. Looks like a really sweet installation.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/a...Tasca/?start=20

Since it looks like Adam posted this he would probably have more info on what he saw of it at Tasca.

Don

Yes, that's a Turbonetics Kit for the 07 and it's my SGT. It's a one off project that Tasca is doing for me. It's basically the same kit as the Hellion except Hellion's is made for the 05-09. We had to change a few things to make the Turbonetics kit work. Should have it back this coming weekend.

Yes, that's a Turbonetics Kit for the 07 and it's my SGT. It's a one off project that Tasca is doing for me. It's basically the same kit as the Hellion except Hellion's is made for the 05-09. We had to change a few things to make the Turbonetics kit work. Should have it back this coming weekend.

Congratulations, Very cool indeed. That's one sweet SGT, from the Alcoas to the Turbo. Once you get it back please post some more picts and what it drives like. Very nice indeed.

Don

I have read post 8 several times as I have read every post on this topic several times. All im looking for is a yes or no answer, I will assume it is not. However, I am very interested in this. I am fixing to boost my SGT, but only if its authorized by SAI.

I have read post 8 several times as I have read every post on this topic several times. All im looking for is a yes or no answer, I will assume it is not. However, I am very interested in this. I am fixing to boost my SGT, but only if its authorized by SAI.

I think you mean sanctioned? That would be no. This is a custom one off build.

Any idea how this will perform compared to say, the Paxton Novi 1200? Regarding HP, power delivery, etc.

It will spool faster then the Paxton but not as fast as a fixed displacement SC. It will put out more hp and it's more efficient.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on the Turbonetics custom kit? Dyno numbers or track times?

I've looked at the Turbonetics kit and the Hellion. I build custom turbo kits for a living actually and can't stand the thought of buying one from someone else. Sure would be easy though. I'm sure there is going to be something I don't like about it though.

This is our slow season and I am thinking of building a kit for the Mustangs. There are 10's of thousands of the cars out there, huge market and I know we can build a kick ass kit for the cars. Seeing as the word is the stock engines are good for about 500 hp max that isn't much of a challenge for turbo kit. Should be able to build a kit that makes boost instantly and will put out 500 hp with ease.

It's hard to find many results or in depth details of guys who have installed turbo kits on the 4.6 3v.

I need to throw my SGT on our dyno and see where it baselines.

Any news on the Turbonetics custom kit? Dyno numbers or track times?

I've looked at the Turbonetics kit and the Hellion. I build custom turbo kits for a living actually and can't stand the thought of buying one from someone else. Sure would be easy though. I'm sure there is going to be something I don't like about it though.

This is our slow season and I am thinking of building a kit for the Mustangs. There are 10's of thousands of the cars out there, huge market and I know we can build a kick ass kit for the cars. Seeing as the word is the stock engines are good for about 500 hp max that isn't much of a challenge for turbo kit. Should be able to build a kit that makes boost instantly and will put out 500 hp with ease.

It's hard to find many results or in depth details of guys who have installed turbo kits on the 4.6 3v.

I need to throw my SGT on our dyno and see where it baselines.

456rwhp/502ftlbs of torque at 9lbs of boost, starts spooling around 2800rmp's very happy so far. No track times yet, working on some 18" wheels.

should would be nice to see under the hood, looks like TT build for T-PPI

http://www.team-ppi.com/

I have this setup installed on my Mustang GT. Below are the pictures taken by 5.0 Mustangs magazine during the install on Rick Head's Shelby GT. Rick is the owner of Exile Turbo Systems and he designed the kit.

turbosetup3.jpg

turbosetup4.jpg

turbosetup1.jpg

turbosetup5.jpg

Can't remember what the system made on Rick's car but my GT is set at 8 psi, 11.5:1 a/f ratio, 12 degrees timing, 93 octane fuel, and has a completely stock 17K mile 3V engine. 477 rwhp and 541 rwtq. At 3820 lbs with 3.31 gears I have run as quick as 10.88 at 128 mph. Car drives like a dream and knocks down 18 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway.

I have shown this kit to Amy B. and Gary P. so they are aware of what it can do. Hoping to be able to discuss it with them again before the PRI show. There is another company that is looking at taking over production of this system. They are able to lower the fabrication costs so the kit will be priced competitively with the Hellion and Powerhouse kits. Stay tuned, gang.

GT500-07, thank you for the reply. What size is the turbo do you know? It start building boost at 2800 rpm? When does it hit the peak boost of 9 psi? Say if you are rolling along in 3rd gear at low rpm and floor it, do you know? Just curious. Mickey Thomspon makes a good drag radial in 18".

Shadowlands, what size turbos does that kit use? Does it have a pump to return the oil to the engine from the turbos (obviously it does) where is it located and where is the oil being returned to? Where did you pull the pressurized oil from to feed the turbos? Do you have a picture of the kit from the bottom without the carbon fiber cover? I'm assuming it is an intercooled kit? Very impressive times.

GT500-07, thank you for the reply. What size is the turbo do you know? It start building boost at 2800 rpm? When does it hit the peak boost of 9 psi? Say if you are rolling along in 3rd gear at low rpm and floor it, do you know? Just curious. Mickey Thomspon makes a good drag radial in 18".

Shadowlands, what size turbos does that kit use? Does it have a pump to return the oil to the engine from the turbos (obviously it does) where is it located and where is the oil being returned to? Where did you pull the pressurized oil from to feed the turbos? Do you have a picture of the kit from the bottom without the carbon fiber cover? I'm assuming it is an intercooled kit? Very impressive times.

60mm turbo, looking at the dyno sheet (dyno dynamics) max torque was around 4000rmps and max hp was 5400rmps. it drives totality different then a SC car. if I'm rolling along in 3rd, I'd down shift to 2nd and WOW, your gone. one other point is it is much more quieter then a SC car. we have the FR shorty headers and Bassani mufflers and this build is quiet, I guess the turbo and all the plumbing makes it real quiet. works for me.

I have this setup installed on my Mustang GT. Below are the pictures taken by 5.0 Mustangs magazine during the install on Rick Head's Shelby GT. Rick is the owner of Exile Turbo Systems and he designed the kit.

turbosetup3.jpg

turbosetup4.jpg

turbosetup1.jpg

turbosetup5.jpg

Can't remember what the system made on Rick's car but my GT is set at 8 psi, 11.5:1 a/f ratio, 12 degrees timing, 93 octane fuel, and has a completely stock 17K mile 3V engine. 477 rwhp and 541 rwtq. At 3820 lbs with 3.31 gears I have run as quick as 10.88 at 128 mph. Car drives like a dream and knocks down 18 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway.

I have shown this kit to Amy B. and Gary P. so they are aware of what it can do. Hoping to be able to discuss it with them again before the PRI show. There is another company that is looking at taking over production of this system. They are able to lower the fabrication costs so the kit will be priced competitively with the Hellion and Powerhouse kits. Stay tuned, gang.

what size MAF are you going through?? How is the Drive ability on the car??

1. Kit uses twin 53mm Garrett GT2871-R dual ball bearing, water and oil cooled, internally wastegated turbos.

2. Does come with a TurboWerx scavenge pump to scavenge oil from the turbos back to the engine. I have mine mounted behind and below the driver's side headlight bucket so it is well hidden. I have the oil returning into the driver's side valve cover since we didn't have time to drop the pan and drill/tap it.

3. The feed line comes from the oil filter mount. Kit comes with a brass T fitting that relocates the oil pressure sending unit and mounts the feed line to the turbos.

4. Sure....here is the kit shown from the bottom........

turbosetup4.jpg

5. Yes, air/air intercooler that utilizes the factory mounting bolts so there is no drilling into the reinforcement. Garrett intercooler that has less than 1/2 pound of boost loss through the intercooler. At the end of the runs the IAT's are less than 20 degrees above ambient.

The only thing I added to the kit was a single GT Supercar fuel pump. Kit is designed to use the stock fuel pump but I knew what I would be doing with the car (full season of Ultra Stang racing) so I wanted a bit of security margin. The car maintains excellent fuel pressure all the way to 6500 rpm and we're commanding 48 psi at the 39# injectors throughout the rpm range. We also have it set at 11.5:1 air/fuel ratio and the system holds that reading up to 6500 rpm. No problems.

The real beauty of this system is that it is a true bolt on. No cutting, no hacking, no welding, no b/s. Unbolt the exhaust at the manifolds and the factory band clamps at the cat-back.....then start bolting things on in it's place. The charge tube even passes through the hole in the fender that the factory cut for the airbox to pick up air out of the fenderwell. This, I think, is the best thing about this kit for Shelby owners. Bolt it on and if you want to return the car to stock later on.....unbolt it and bolt your stock parts back on. Nobody will know the difference. You have an unmolested Shelby Mustang.

Thank you!

what size MAF are you going through?? How is the Drive ability on the car??

Stock MAF and it's working very well. Driveability is nice. I drive the car every day since right now it is the only thing I have to drive. My daily commute is 60 miles each way and the car usually gets 20 mpg in combined driving. I have taken a road trip from Houston to Austin and the car clicked off 25 mpg. No problems. Cruises around town at 25-40 mph with no surging or stumbling. I'm really happy with the kit.

Guys.....I have sent information on this kit to both Amy Boylan and Gary Patterson. We discussed the system at the SEMA show and the designer of the kit, Rick Head, offered to drive his car to Las Vegas for the Shelby crew to inspect the installation. That was Rick's Shelby GT in the video clip shown in the first post. I have also sent them pictures of the installations and the dyno results along with my full season success in Ultra Stang at the FFW series. They are aware of this system and if you are seriously interested in the kit I suggest you contact them and let them know about your interest. The kit includes high flow cats so it is legal in 49 states. The only problem you might have in California is the location of the cats. They are not in the "stock" location (actually moved about 12" back) but with the belly pan in place you just might get away with the inspection. I had my car inspected here in Texas last month and it passed with flying colors.

Call Shelby and let them know if you want this kit.

Archived