TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shocking, unbelieveable occurence at Terlingua

MMcGuirk

We were packing up the car for the trip back to California, when we discovered this malicious vandalism.

Does anyone else have damage? You may want to go over your cars. Please post if you find anything.

The two cars were not parked next to each other.

I have a three inch, through to the metal gash on my right front fender. The other car was damaged on the hood in the exact same pattern.

A sickening end to an otherwise epic event.

Michael

That really sucks big time.

I heard a shocking thing that a 22 year bull run employee died. Is there any info on what happened ?

She was not a "BullRun" employee, but worked at the LaJitas resort in the equestrian center. The report I heard (3rd hand and maybe not accurate) was that she and a friend were at the local watering hole very late Friday night. As they were driving home in the dark, the road turned and they didn't.

The wreck was not found until the next morning and the accident scene was still being worked when the rally passed by that morning.

Jeez Louise, are you serious?

WTF? Who be such a scumbag A-HOLE that would do this to your car and the other car? That's just downright sad if you ask me. I can't imagine (at lest I hope) that it would be another TS member, but you never know, there are allot of small minded jealous types everywhere nowadays.

But whoever it is, I suspect that they suffer badly from jealousy, an inferiority complex, not to mention a small weenie too; but none of those issues warrant vandalism upon another person's car; EVER.

F'in lowlife people; they don't have the balls to confront someone they have an issue with, so they behave like a small child and cause damage when no one is looking.

This kind of stuff just makes it difficult to trust anyone anymore.

I am truely very sorry to hear this M. I know you, and also know that you are a standup man that would go out of his way to help another TS member or a stranger for that matter, and to have this happen to you at a club event is really depressing to hear.

This was the last thing that I suspected would happen at this event. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out.

MMcGuirk,

My car is currently at the detail shop having the two inch thick grasshopper bras removed. When I get it back tomorrow I'll know if I've got any damage. I didn't notice any when we were leaving, but I was too busy with Frank's car to look at mine very closely.

Very sorry and disappointed to hear the report.

She was not a "BullRun" employee, but worked at the LaJitas resort in the equestrian center. The report I heard (3rd hand and maybe not accurate) was that she and a friend were at the local watering hole very late Friday night. As they were driving home in the dark, the road turned and they didn't.

The wreck was not found until the next morning and the accident scene was still being worked when the rally passed by that morning.

That's very sad. :(

22 is too young to die, but alcohol isn't picky on who it takes.

WTF? Who be such a scumbag A-HOLE that would do this to your car and the other car? That's just downright sad if you ask me. I can't imagine (at lest I hope) that it would be another TS member, but you never know, there are allot of small minded jealous types everywhere nowadays.

But whoever it is, I suspect that they suffer badly from jealousy, an inferiority complex, not to mention a small weenie too; but none of those issues warrant vandalism upon another person's car; EVER.

F'in lowlife people; they don't have the balls to confront someone they have an issue with, so they behave like a small child and cause damage when no one is looking.

I am truely very sorry to hear this M. I know you, and also know that you are a standup man that would go out of his way to help another TS member or a stranger for that matter, and to have this happen to you at a club event is really depressing to hear.

This was the last thing that I suspected would happen at this event. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out.

I had the pleasure of being in the caravan with Mike on the way to Terlingua. You are absolutuely correct about him. Truly a standup guy and the kind of guy you want as a friend. I personally saw the damage and it was clearly of a malicious nature. From what I heard, the low life, dirt bag, scum sucking, short weenied, weasel of a wimp may have been caught on surveillance videos. Lets hope so.

oh, man, I didn't hear about this! My car is still caked in bugs and dirt, so I haven't checked it yet, but I will when I getb home. I bent my fender with the fuel cap door and Im sure I need a new paint job on the hood with all the rocks we ate. I'm sorry, that would kill me to find.

Grabber, yeah, her name was Courtney. She was a nice kid from the little. It I talked to her. She was driving the shuttle back and forth(van) to the shooting range.

I had the pleasure of being in the caravan with Mike on the way to Terlingua. You are absolutuely correct about him. Truly a standup guy and the kind of guy you want as a friend. I personally saw the damage and it was clearly of a malicious nature. From what I heard, the low life, dirt bag, scum sucking, short weenied, weasel of a wimp may have been caught on surveillance videos. Lets hope so.

I hope that there is a video and and they find who did this.

here is a link to the local news story; doesn't really say how it happened though

link

here is a link to the local news story; doesn't really say how it happened though

link

The day we left Terlingua they where having a memorial at the hotel we where staying at. I remember driving by the accident it was very sad.

The day we left Terlingua they where having a memorial at the hotel we where staying at. I remember driving by the accident it was very sad.

its always so sad when a young person dies needlessly. My two boys are about her age, and I don't think I could ever get over something like that happening to them. Hearing about this stuff helps to keep our other little problems in proper perspective.

Bill and I went to the memorial it was very moving, courtney was NOT drunk she was a passenger in the vehicle; her close friend K Lee who also worked with her in the equistrian center was driving. OK or real name KIM is their boss and told us that a FOX ran out in front of them so please do not state that they were drunk because they were not. There is a memorial fund at the resort for Courntey's family I will get all the details and post them soon or just contact the resort and get info.

Thanks E.

This is minutely small in comparison to that cute young woman having such a terrible accident. None the less, we all love our cars and I am bummed, but I do have a friend who owns a body shop.

MM

We're getting the footage of the videos from the resort.

Once we find out who did this, there will be hell to pay not only from SAI and TS, but from the entire Shelby community as well.

I am pissed beyond words about this. How could one Shelby enthusiast do this to another? I don't get it.

Once we find the person who did this, we are going to make it public. There won't be an opportunity for the individual to make it right!

MMcGuirk,

My car is currently at the detail shop having the two inch thick grasshopper bras removed. When I get it back tomorrow I'll know if I've got any damage. I didn't notice any when we were leaving, but I was too busy with Frank's car to look at mine very closely.

Very sorry and disappointed to hear the report.

You emulate a true TS'er. Giving up your trailer and braving all those dam bugs makes me proud to associated with you in this club! Way to go!

MM

Bill and I went to the memorial it was very moving, courtney was NOT drunk she was a passenger in the vehicle; her close friend K Lee who also worked with her in the equistrian center was driving. OK or real name KIM is their boss and told us that a FOX ran out in front of them so please do not state that they were drunk because they were not. There is a memorial fund at the resort for Courntey's family I will get all the details and post them soon or just contact the resort and get info.

Please do post the fund info. My wife, Caprice spent a few hours with Courtney riding horses and said she was a sweet girl. They spent quite a bit of time chatting and she was pretty upset when we found out about the accident.

We're getting the footage of the videos from the resort.

Once we find out who did this, there will be hell to pay not only from SAI and TS, but from the entire Shelby community as well.

I am pissed beyond words about this. How could one Shelby enthusiast do this to another? I don't get it.

Once we find the person who did this, we are going to make it public. There won't be an opportunity for the individual to make it right!

I would be surprised(and disappointed) if it turned out to be another Shelby enthusiast-there were other people in the area. In any event, an awful end to a wonderful event. I was admiring your car all week-end Michael and really like the lime green color. Hope its soon repaired and perfect again.

Let's not make assumptions about who did the car damage. Who said it was a TS member? It could have been a hotel worker, although I think more likely it might have happened at the chili cookoff, or at the car show where there were plenty of spectators. Or maybe a friend of Courtney's somehow blamed the event for their accident.

Feel bad for you, Michael. Major bummer.

The hotel said they would forward cards and such to Courtney's family if anyone wants to send them something. Here is their address and phone number:

Lajitas Resort & Spa

HC 70, Box 400

Lajitas, Texas 79852

phone 432.424.5000

fax 432.424.5001

The other girl worked at the registration desk at the hotel. She lay there critically injured for 6 hours until someone found the wreck in the morning. I hear she will be ok. Physically, anyway. Mentally......who knows.

Sorry for making the assumption. When I heard that it was a late night at the watering hole and a curvey road driving home, I assumed someone had been drinking.

Again...Sorry.

I was very sad. I talked to Courtney a long time when she drove us to and back from the shooting range. And I went horseback riding too. She was a cute and pretty girl. The first I noted about her was her funny laugh. A bit giggling. I watched my video and photos from the day before she died where see appeared several times. So sad and and a major shock for me and Astrid. :cry:

We saw the young girls accident site when we went on the rally, but did not know they were from the resort. Now, I do not mean to be entirely too trusting of people in thinking that the car damage may be form somehting else? Many cars were hit with debris and rocks during the runs we did, could it be from that? Flying debris from another car or rocks? Or maybe even from someone on the ride home, once you left Terlingua? It makes me really sad and mad that one of us would do it!!!!

We saw the young girls accident site when we went on the rally, but did not know they were from the resort. Now, I do not mean to be entirely too trusting of people in thinking that the car damage may be form somehting else? Many cars were hit with debris and rocks during the runs we did, could it be from that? Flying debris from another car or rocks? Or maybe even from someone on the ride home, once you left Terlingua? It makes me really sad and mad that one of us would do it!!!!

I really hope they find who messed up the cars.,

Michael,

Sorry about you car man, that really sucks. These cars attract attention, especially your lime green. She'll be back on the road looking cooler than ever.

Marji and I are really sad to hear about the loss of the young girl from the resort. From the posts it shows that Courtney touched a lot of people. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

We went horseback riding with Courtney Friday evening while everyone went to Alpine. She loved her horses and said she could not remember a day when she wasn't around horses. She said her roommate, Jaylee, and her were going into town that night to have some fun. It's was very sad to hear the news the next morning. Our prayers are with her family.

Michael, can you tell us again when and where you discovered the damage to the cars? You are clear and certain that the damage was not caused by flying debris or rocks, right? You mentioned that the damage was deep and had a specific pattern that was close or identical to the other car's damage, and if that's the case it would pretty much rule out damage from "natural causes" and instead be more than likely caused by a malicious, spineless, person.

You may or may not want to answer this next question, and that's perfectly understandable, but in an effort to try and nail down a potental suspect or suspects, did you have any altercations or words with anyone at anytime during the event? Were the cars parked in a manner that some moron might have been offended by?

Event attendees, did anyone come up to you at anytime during the event and complain or speak poorly about about Michael or the owner of the other car? Did you overhear someone talking smack about him or anyone else? Don't answer here, but PM Michael if you know something.

I get so pissed anytime I hear about this kind of BS, and I really truely hope that you are able to catch and castrate the SOB that did this to the cars.

On another note, my condolances to the family of the young woman who lost her life in the auto accident, and I extend my best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery to the young woman who survived it.

Archived