TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members at their BEST

frankc5601

Hats off to Sprint200 for helping out a TeamShelby member in need, i.e. me. Sprint200 (Jeff) was kind enough to load my dead GT500 (one of 2 or 3 that lost their clutch at Terlingua) and trailer it all the way back to Oklahoma City, where we both live, while his wife drove their GT500 all the way back. Hats off to Jeff and his wife and THANKS A MILLION!!!!

Frank

:happy feet:

:salute: to Sprint for helping out.

I'm one of the other guilty parties who blew out their clutch. I have had it scheduled with Quantum for weeks now to go in tomorrow for a new clutch and flywheel.

My problems are the following but not limited to:

1. I had never drag raced before.

2. I was using R Compound road racing tires for drag racing

3. I didn't know what I was much doing when smoking my tires

4. I'm an idiot

5. I left the traction control on

6. I'm an idiot

7. Did I mention I'm an idiot?

My problems are the following but not limited to:

1. I had never drag raced before.

2. I was using R Compound road racing tires for drag racing

3. I didn't know what I was much doing when smoking my tires

4. I'm an idiot

5. I left the traction control on

6. I'm an idiot

7. Did I mention I'm an idiot?

Yeah, you mentioned the idiot part but how about mentioning whether you had FUN?

Jim

Yeah, you mentioned the idiot part but how about mentioning whether you had FUN?

Jim

You didn't ask about fun! I had a blast. I picked up my Terlingua and I managed to get pictures of my daughter Shelby with Carroll Shelby. It was almost a perfect weekend for us...minus the part where....

Something to do with 130-140mph in the Terlingua around curves with warnings that say 35-40mph. Damn does it drive smooth. Let's just say that my gears are properly heat cycled :hysterical:

Frank,

I was just doing what any of the other members would have done had they been going the same way. Like I said, "I would be mad if you didn't let me help!" :hysterical: Hope she's back on the road soon!

Clark17357,

It was the classic flywheel/clutch TSB syndrome. I dropped the car off for Frank at our local dealership and they already had the paperwork started...........

Is there a common denomenator to the clutches going?

Jim

Excessive heat.

Jeff, heads up for you. Now you were not be able to listen to your wife the whole trip back. :happy feet:

Jeff and I both were not able to listen to our wife's because you see the wife's drove together most of the way in Jeffs GT500 while we trailered our cars.

And I want to add Jeff helped out with changing my tire on my trailer because I learned that the jack I have will lift my car or trailer seperate but failed to lift the trailer with the car in it. Thanks you Jeff!!!

Mark & Dawn

Jeff (Sprint200) defines the words "gentleman racer". Several times throughout the Terlingua weekend I caught him helping out fellow members. Some were just a bit slow on the uptake, others suffered serious calamities. Either way, he stood by until things were back on the green flag. At one point, he mentioned that this was his father's training as a young man. "Never leave anyone behind", and he did not. Likewise, my father's training for me, must be a generational thingy that seems missing today? You younger guys need to get a clue on these values.

A tip of my hat to Jeff, and to Mark (MBGT500SS and likewise to their wives) for their professional conduct under fire. This is what made a great weekend a specatular experience, an experience we (hopefully) will have again in '09.

My clutch isn't out, yet, but it left a note that it is divorcing me and leaving soon. Likewise my stock tires and stock brakes. I now have plans for my '08 Winter overhaul.

Y'all be safe, gents, happy motoring!

Archived