TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheels

Hey guys - I was at a show this past weekend and a vendor had these wheels out. I really liked the wheel and was the style I was looking for. More or less that "old school" look to them, but a little more modern. What do you think? They kind of remind me of th old Cobra's.

modsport_ko_lrg.jpg

I like how they hide the lugnuts and leave on a faux spinner looks cool.

Wheels are, I think, a personal decision. There are so many and as the say beauty is in the eye...

I agree w/ Jeff. By the way, if they sell these wheels at Tire Rack, you can see how they might look on a Shelby GT there, albeit a black one. Use the "View on Vehicle" function.

edit - I take it back - you can change the Shelby GT color too! Cool! White looks so much better :hysterical:

I agree w/wheels being a personal decision. I just don't know..... I've really wanted an old school look on my SGT and these for some reason just seem to do it for me. I know some hate them and some love them I just don't know YET if I LOVE them! The drawback to these are that when I upgrade the brakes the calipers will be pretty much hidden. However, less time to clean since there's very little outer surface area exposed for dust to pass through. Thanks for the ops though..... Still thinking...

No, but that's what's cool about them. The spinner comes off and the front part of the lug cover comes off. If you look close you can see a faint line around that cover. Even in person its like a hairline and difficult to even tell. I think it gives the SGT a racey look about it. I actually photoshop'd those wheels on to my car to see what they look like.... I'll post later.

If anyone is interested in seeing the various styles....

Shelby_americanR.jpg

Shelby_modsport_ko_lrg.jpg

Shelby_mustangtuning_2022_20811610.jpgShelby_mustangtuning_2022_26213538.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop work. I love to see various wheel types on 08' SGTs. Like you I am seeking the retro look. The gray Hallibrands with spinners that you see on big block AC Cobras is one great look. As I consider options for my 08' SGT vert I am focused on non-chrome options. The bright chrome wheels offer lots of bling but IMHO distract the viewer from the Shelby Mustang shape and signature details. Consequently I am considering dark gray or black wheels with a polished or chrome lip. Deep dish perhaps. 18 or 20 inches.

My ideal would be a vista blue wheel with a bright lip perhaps with a chrome spinner if the style lent itself to one. For size I like 19". The 20s look too big in most syles and the 18s slightly small . The 19s would be my "goldilocks" choice. Additionally I read recently in a Motortrend article on the 500GT KR a statement suggesting that a FoMoCo engineer opined that 19s are the best choice for the Mustang platform. No doubt this would require a custom build and be very expensive. Raceline could probably do it. I haven't tried to get a cost estimate yet.

Keep us up to date on what you decide.

Good luck.

Jim

Thanks, yeah these are great wheels, but i'm also on considering Halibrand wheels as well. Very likely the Cobra III's. You just can't beat that classic look and I think they'll work great on the SGT's. 19's are also a consideration. The problem is as you added the additional expense which also plays out in the tire world also.... Stay tuned.

Thanks, yeah these are great wheels, but i'm also on considering Halibrand wheels as well. Very likely the Cobra III's. You just can't beat that classic look and I think they'll work great on the SGT's. 19's are also a consideration. The problem is as you added the additional expense which also plays out in the tire world also.... Stay tuned.

I like the photoshop look of the 69's in hyper-black. :P

Those silver/chrome rims would look great on your car. The option for big-brakes is an important one, I think.

Enjoy.

Bump

If anyone is interested in seeing the various styles....

Shelby_americanR.jpg

Shelby_modsport_ko_lrg.jpg

Shelby_mustangtuning_2022_20811610.jpgShelby_mustangtuning_2022_26213538.jpg

WOW.........you've got a great pit crew!

Archived