TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Addition to the Fort Davis Bull Run Parking Lot

Dakota561

I drove to Fort Davis to check out all the Shelbys & added a Dakota to their parking lot.

Lots of great cars, and really enjoyed meeting & visiting with the Dodge Guys.

Here are a few pics of my Dakota on the way to Fort Davis & from the corner of the lot,

where the security guy was gracious enough to let me park near the show.

th_ShelbyFortDavis9-08002.jpg

th_ShelbyFortDavis9-08004.jpg

th_ShelbyFortDavis9-08006.jpg

th_ShelbyFortDavis9-08051.jpg

th_ShelbyFortDavis9-08050.jpg

Thanks for the compliments Folks. This is a three owner that I found in Seattle wa. 4 years ago, has 57k miles and what is not original on it, I have in a box in my shop. The 2nd owner had the original plugs, wires cap rotor radio muffler & tailpipe all in good cond. I,m glad ya'll enjoyed seeing it, as I figured a lot of folks have never seen one. I had a local in Fort Davis try to argue that Shelby never did a truck & if they had done one it sure wouldn't have been a Dodge. I happened to have a brochure in the truck that had the CSX & Dakota in it for 1989. He apologized & went after his camera.LOL

You guys had some really nice cars, that I enjoyed checking out. I had already seen the Terligua edition prototype at the Big Bend Open Road Race, back in April. Love It.

I was also jealous of you guys getting to stay down in Big Bend country, but I will be down there most of next week and then back down there for the Chili Cookoff Nov.1

Hope ya'll enjoyed West Texas, as we try to make people want to return. Been here all my life & don't plan on ever leaving.

Jim

Thanks for the compliments Folks. This is a three owner that I found in Seattle wa. 4 years ago, has 57k miles and what is not original on it, I have in a box in my shop. The 2nd owner had the original plugs, wires cap rotor radio muffler & tailpipe all in good cond. I,m glad ya'll enjoyed seeing it, as I figured a lot of folks have never seen one. I had a local in Fort Davis try to argue that Shelby never did a truck & if they had done one it sure wouldn't have been a Dodge. I happened to have a brochure in the truck that had the CSX & Dakota in it for 1989. He apologized & went after his camera.LOL

You guys had some really nice cars, that I enjoyed checking out. I had already seen the Terligua edition prototype at the Big Bend Open Road Race, back in April. Love It.

I was also jealous of you guys getting to stay down in Big Bend country, but I will be down there most of next week and then back down there for the Chili Cookoff Nov.1

Hope ya'll enjoyed West Texas, as we try to make people want to return. Been here all my life & don't plan on ever leaving.

Jim

Nice truck Jim......

how many folks didn't know Carroll made a truck...I'm sure you were asked that question.. :P

Nice truck Jim......

how many folks didn't know Carroll made a truck...I'm sure you were asked that question.. :P

I saw the truck when we came in from the road rally for the lunch stop in Fort Davis. It is a very clean Shelby truck. Did'nt get to check it out as much as I would have liked to since I had to do an emergency wheel bearing thightening on the rear of Steves GLHS. Something about twisty roads at 80 mph and a rear wheel with 1//2" of play in either direction did'nt agree with me. :shift::headscratch:

But it was great to see you out there!

Nice truck Jim......

I have had quite a few that didn't know it was ever made. I have also had several that thought that I had done the Shelby part.

What a job that would be, as many places as that thing has unique Shelby emblems & logos.

I have never seen another one at any shows or runs that I have done, so it usually gets a lot of attention.

Jim

I saw the truck when we came in from the road rally for the lunch stop in Fort Davis. It is a very clean Shelby truck. Did'nt get to check it out as much as I would have liked to since I had to do an emergency wheel bearing thightening on the rear of Steves GLHS. Something about twisty roads at 80 mph and a rear wheel with 1//2" of play in either direction did'nt agree with me. :shift::headscratch:

But it was great to see you out there!

I enjoyed the show & meeting you, Steve & Caprice. Did Steve make the rest of the run? I was hoping that loose brg. had not been hurt, running the way he had been. How about the tire, did it hold out?

Jim

Archived