TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Muscle in Missoouri" Fall Color Cruise

VaporDude

DATE: Sunday, October 19

WHERE: Lake of the Ozarks, MO

Meet at the Wal-Mart in Osage Beach, MO, at 12:30. The address is 4252 Highway 54. We will roll out promptly at 1:00 for a 90-mile tour of the roads surrounding the Lake of the Ozarks. These roads are all paved, no gravel. This should be a very good time to view the fall foliage while we have fun driving our cars.

ALL vintage or modern musclecars are invited to attend.

Here is the route that we will be taking. There will be a few small towns that we will pass through. Just click on the link.

from:Osage Beach, MO to:Camdenton, MO to:Versailles, MO to:Eldon, MO to:Osage Beach, MO - Google Maps

During the first 1/3 part of the cruise, there is a place called Jacobs Cave in Gravois Mills. I checked their web site and the normal price for their tours are $15. We can possibly get a group discount if we have 15 people or more. The discount would be 1/2 price. This would be a great photo op place as well. There would be several of us who can take pictures of everyones car and e-mail them to you.

I looked at the state web site to see when the best possible dates are for peak time for the leaves. They indicated the middle of the month. The date of this cruise is right in that time frame for peak season. Since this routes takes us around Lake of the Ozarks, there should also be some places to get some water shots.

Please reply to this post if you are interested in going. Once I get 15 people interested in the Jacobs Cave tour, I will call to make arrangements. Here is the link to Jacobs Cave.

http://www.jacobscave.com/

LETS CRUISE.........

Sounds like a great time, one last run before winter storage.

Any of y'all from the Chicagoland area who want to hook up for the road trip, please give me a call? It's 463 miles one-way from my garage door on the south side. Mac...312.401.1396.

I figure to depart Saturday afternoon and stay over in Jefferson City, about 40 miles from the Wal-Mart on Sunday.

Okay, got my details worked out. I'll be there with a guest, and looking forward to good weather and the change of seasons in the Ozarks. Sounds like fun!.

Sounds like a great time, one last run before winter storage.

Any of y'all from the Chicagoland area who want to hook up for the road trip, please give me a call? It's 463 miles one-way from my garage door on the south side. Mac...312.401.1396.

I figure to depart Saturday afternoon and stay over in Jefferson City, about 40 miles from the Wal-Mart on Sunday.

Okay, got my details worked out. I'll be there with a guest, and looking forward to good weather and the change of seasons in the Ozarks. Sounds like fun!.

Thanks great LuLu.....I'll add you to the list. Did you want to take the Jacob's Cave tour?

Vapor...Mark me and my guest down for the cave tour as well. Even if we don't get enough for a group discount, it sounds like something we would enjoy.

C'mon youse Chicagoland guys, might be the last weekend out! Y'all know how the seasons change without warning. Take one more drive?

Vapor...Mark me and my guest down for the cave tour as well. Even if we don't get enough for a group discount, it sounds like something we would enjoy.

C'mon youse Chicagoland guys, might be the last weekend out! Y'all know how the seasons change without warning. Take one more drive?

I will do that....thanks for your support and trying to get some to come out one more time this year.

C'mon now...Youse Mid-West owners should be chomping at the bit to get out on the road one more time before winter storage,

I'll be there, regardless of rain, snow, or, shine. Nothing I can't handle in pre-winter climates.

After this road course through the Ozarks, I'll have plenty of time to sit back and accomplish my upgrades and improvements for the 2009 season.

Where are y'all at? What are y'all doing?

Strap in, start up, and DRIVE! America is truly a beautiful country, come enjoy your heartland.

Please?

For those that have not contacted me, I believe we have more than enough for the group discount on the cave tour. If you are still interested, just meet us at the Walmart in Osage Beach at 12:30.

Thanks for eveyrones support and I will post a link with the pictures next week.

For those that have not contacted me, I believe we have more than enough for the group discount on the cave tour. If you are still interested, just meet us at the Walmart in Osage Beach at 12:30.

Thanks for eveyrones support and I will post a link with the pictures next week.

I'll play :happy feet: And add me to the list of "Cave Dwellers"... See ya' Sunday :shift:

Anyone from KC want to tag along??? I'll be leaving Louisburg, KS at 9:00am and travel down Hwy 7 thru Harrisonville (picking up KCMO-GT500), then Clinton and Warsaw... I plan on arriving around 12 Noon to have enough time for Lunch :lurk:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Gregg,

What time do you think you will be traveling thru Clinton ? I am coming from Warrensburg and can meet up with you and John some where in Clinton. Are you taking Hwy 65 from Warsaw as it might be shorter for me to meet you in Cole Camp so I don't have to back track.

Don

Gregg,

What time do you think you will be traveling thru Clinton ? I am coming from Warrensburg and can meet up with you and John some where in Clinton. Are you taking Hwy 65 from Warsaw as it might be shorter for me to meet you in Cole Camp so I don't have to back track.

Don

Hey Don!

Looks like we'll be passing thru Clinton around 10:30am and in Warsaw around 11:15am (depending on Traffic)... But if you want to meet up in Clinton, isn't there a Hospital/Medical Center on the North Side of Town (near Hwy's 13 & 7)??? Let me know...

Gregg

We had great weather but there wasn't much color because it has been too warm here. We ahd a total of 14 cars show up including LuLu from Chicago which was outstanding. Everyone was great and the cave tour was just awesome. Here is alink to the pictures that I took. If anyone else has any pictures, please post them. Since I was the lead car, I didn't have a chance to take pictures of the convoy.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/05B...Ozark%20Cruise/

Since I was the lead car, I didn't have a chance to take pictures of the convoy.

But I was :shift: (along with KMCO-GT500 as my co-pilot)...

Will try tomorrow AM to post some (and maybe a short video clip) from the back of the pack... THANKS for a great cruise...

post-8727-1224510661_thumb.jpg

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-1224510661_thumb.jpg

Thanks Greg, nice cruise, pretty day,sorry we had to leave early, but enjoed it very much.

Ted

Thanks Greg, nice cruise, pretty day,sorry we had to leave early, but enjoed it very much.

Ted

Is your car OK Ted? I heard that you bottomed out on that pothole. I know I hit it but your car is lower than mine. Sorry you had to leave early as the cave tour was a blast.

Maybe we can do this again next year with a little more planning. Let me know if anyone would like to do that. Maybe one day this winter, I can go out there and check out more roads and get a little closer to the lake.

Is your car OK Ted? I heard that you bottomed out on that pothole. I know I hit it but your car is lower than mine. Sorry you had to leave early as the cave tour was a blast.

Maybe we can do this again next year with a little more planning. Let me know if anyone would like to do that. Maybe one day this winter, I can go out there and check out more roads and get a little closer to the lake.

Yes it is ok, thanks for asking, I thought I broke a wheel for a minute, no harm. Let me know what I can do to help with another cruise. Thanks again for all your efforts.

I had a great time, and I enjoyed meeting all of you. You're a great bunch of folks, thanks for the invite. Count me in for the next event!

Archived