TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fundraiser for Matt Bleakley(Oilbleak)

DubbsFaris

I know that everyone has been left in the dark over the details of the accident, but we would ask to keep things low key on the details until the investigation is done. I know curiosity is going to drive a lot of people nuts, but we really have to be responsible in what information should be shared. Here is what is relevant and we can share:

A group of our cars were leaving the park headed West, and Matt went to make a pass and a civilian car came around the bend and Matt tried to avoid that vehicle and lost control, flipping his car several times, and coming to rest about 20 yards in the brush off the road. I will ask that no one speak of details they might think they know and certainly no comments to speed or control, as this could be used by the government. Since this accident happened on Federal Park land, there will most probably be an extensive investigation by the Feds, and we don't need hearsay or conjecture adding ammunition to their case. I also would ask that no photos be posted of the car until Matt decides how he would like this handled.

Right now the priority is for the speedy recovery of Matt, and we have been in contact with Matt since his arrival at the hospital. He really wanted to thank everyone for their support, and although he sounds a little groggy still, he is doing pretty well except for some pain in his left arm and hand.

This car really saved his hide! Now, we all know how much we love our cars. Matt will have some medical costs, and replacing his car will be quite a cost as well. I am asking that everyone that can help, please donate what you can.

We will do this fundraiser through paypal, since it seems to be the most convenient way to get money to him.

To donate, follow these simple instructions:

Go to your existing paypal account at www.paypal.com

Click on the send money tab.

Under the recipient- type in : warrenfaris@yahoo.com

Put in the amount you want to donate

Click send.

Rally around our comrade in need! We all need a little help sometimes. Thank you all. I know you won't disappoint!

Anyone that would like contact information can call me directly at 210-413-0907.

I agree completely on keeping the details to ourselves and the pics as well, which is why in the other thread I only posted that I knew he was OK. So many people have been worried about him! I do want to send a card too. Let me know aside from donations if there is anything I can do to help, and once the account is set up, I will send something too. As far as what the yellow line was-all part of the investigation, not for us to discuss or try and remember by hearsay.

This is one of the reasons we don't want to post comments about the details...I think he just ran out of room when he was attempting a pass since we were all unfamiliar with that stretch of road.

-Let's just say that insurance does not cover accidents under some circumstances, and we want to make sure that we don't cause a nullification in coverage by giving misleading or inaccurate information. Im sorry if my law schooling is kicking in on this...but you ALL know how you have to treat certain situations.

I think it is important to read between the lines on this if you know what I mean. PM me if there needs to be any further explanation. I would be happy to share information in a non-public setting that is out of reach of google.

Grabber and all, as stated , I expect everyone to not post, this is a family and as such, we need to protect the members. do not post any info on this site about his accident as it could hurt Matt and our ability to ever do an event at that location. Since Matt is fine, there is not need to detail this incident. All we need to do is Help Matt, anyway we can and not post anything that could hurt him

Please do the right thing!

Grabber and all, as stated , I expect everyone to not post, this is a family and as such, we need to protect the members. do not post any info on this site about his accident as it could hurt Matt and our ability to ever do an event at that location. Since Matt is fine, there is not need to detail this incident. All we need to do is Help Matt, anyway we can and not post anything that could hurt him

Please do the right thing!

Much respect, courtesy, love and prayer from the Shelby lovers in Missouri.

Kyle

I know that everyone has been left in the dark over the details of the accident, but we would ask to keep things low key on the details until the investigation is done. I know curiosity is going to drive a lot of people nuts, but we really have to be responsible in what information should be shared. Here is what is relevant and we can share:

A group of our cars were leaving the park headed West, and Matt went to make a pass and a civilian car came around the bend and Matt tried to avoid that vehicle and lost control, flipping his car several times, and coming to rest about 20 yards in the brush off the road. I will ask that no one speak of details they might think they know and certainly no comments to speed or control, as this could be used by the government. Since this accident happened on Federal Park land, there will most probably be an extensive investigation by the Feds, and we don't need hearsay or conjecture adding ammunition to their case. I also would ask that no photos be posted of the car until Matt decides how he would like this handled.

Right now the priority is for the speedy recovery of Matt, and we have been in contact with Matt since his arrival at the hospital. He really wanted to thank everyone for their support, and although he sounds a little groggy still, he is doing pretty well except for some pain in his left arm and hand.

This car really saved his hide! Now, we all know how much we love our cars. Matt will have some medical costs, and replacing his car will be quite a cost as well. I am asking that everyone that can help, please donate what you can.

We will do this fundraiser through paypal, since it seems to be the most convenient way to get money to him.

To donate, follow these simple instructions:

Go to your existing paypal account at www.paypal.com

Click on the send money tab.

Under the recipient- type in : warrenfaris@yahoo.com

Put in the amount you want to donate

Click send.

Rally around our comrade in need! We all need a little help sometimes. Thank you all. I know you won't disappoint!

Anyone that would like contact information can call me directly at 210-413-0907.

I wish him a speedy recovery and that his injuries are only temporary.

I would like to thank those of you who have shown all of your support, and I just received an anonymous donation matching our funds up to $5000.00 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Now, that is VERY generous, and we have received a great start in funds coming in, but let us make sure we do our part in getting to that number...it just isn't that much spread over many people. I have faith in all of you to get us there!

Thank you!

Warren

We're wishing Matt a speedy recovery also.

I did see Matt's car, and pictures of other S197's that were involved in accidents. I am more impressed than ever at the ability of this vehicle to protect it's passengers. That's one strong, well-designed car we're all driving, folks.

Many thanks to Ford, SVT, and Mr. Shelby for their contributions in putting together this great chassis as a solid platform for these great performance vehicles.

Hey Dubbs,

What are we up to?

Just got back in town from L.A., but I think we are close to 6000.00.

Everyone has been very generous so far, but let's see if we can hit our goal of 10,000.00!

:happy feet:

I'll talk to Matt tomorrow to let him know as well!

Just got back in town from L.A., but I think we are close to 6000.00.

Everyone has been very generous so far, but let's see if we can hit our goal of 10,000.00!

:happy feet:

I'll talk to Matt tomorrow to let him know as well!

That is indeed great news!

Just got off the phone with the hospital, and Matt has been discharged! :happy feet:

Wish him a speedy recovery at home, and hopefully we can get him his fundraiser money to him in the next few days! :shift:

We are still a bit short of our goal...so if you were on the fence, please go ahead and give soon!

Thanks to everyone!

Wow..I completely missed Dubbs post about Matt going home. That is indeed great news. Here's to a fast recovery Matt.

• 1 month later...

Archived