TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MATT UPDATE (from accident)

herpony68

matt sounded great today! On a side note, the nurse told me he has had so many calls and visits, she thought he was a celebrity! LOL

I am out of town and trying to post on an Iphone, so I may be a little scarce for the next couple days. But I am checking in with Matt daily.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the phone with Matt. He says he still is experiencing numbness of his left hand and forearm but today is moving his pointer and middle fingers. His left sholder is still very painful along with his neck. He had just been given a bath and said that the nurses were not as cute as his girlfriend :)

Hay Matt,

Don't know if you will get this, but we are glad you are doing better and pray for a speedy recovery.

Jim & Shirley #66

I also talked to Matt yesterday. He is still unsure of when he can leave. He is having trouble standing because of dizzyness. They are looking at his inner ear. His left arm is still numb also. They think it may be some kind of temporary nerve damage. His girlfriend and her aunt are there with him, but his mom had to go back home.

All,

Words cannot express how much everyone did for me both following the accident and all of the phone calls and visits in the hospital. I'm back in Houston now and taking some time off of work to recover. I still have some nerve damage in my left hand and I've been getting pounding headaches from withdrawal from all of the pain medicine they had me on, but hopefully those are on the way out. I still don't remember anything from the accident and a part of me wishes I don't ever remember. The resort still has my stuff (they're waiting for big enough boxes) but since I'm not going anywhere I can wait. I haven't seen any photos of the accident but from what I hear it was pretty bad. The fact that I was able to more or less walk away from an accident that bad with only some numbness in my left hand speaks volumes for the safety engineering Ford put into our cars. Even though the accident happened at normal highway speeds, I haven't decide if I want another high performance car (my family would definitely feel better if I didn't buy another one).

Matt

Welcome home. Glad to read that you are on the mend and getting better everyday. Don't dwell on what happened in the past, just focus on the future and feeling better.

What happened is no one's business but your own, so don't feel compelled to answer any inapproprate questions or post any details or information about the incident; I recommend that you just ignore any questions if they happen to come your way.

As it has been said by many here already, get well soon Matt.

Matt,

Welcome home! Bea and I have a present from us and everyone else that was at Terlingua for you. We are in Savanah Ga for the weekend, we will mail it to you upon our return. Good to have you back. Weather you buy another Shelby or not, I hope you still frequent the sie--you made some friends for life. God's speed and get better soon. Regards.

Bea and Stuart

Hope the head ache's end soon :banghead: as for the hand, neve's heal; they just take their sweet little old time. :lurk:

Been there done that one. :shift:

Glad to hear you are home Matt, about time we were beginning to think you were going to take up residency and become a career patient, we were kind'a puzzled; I know patient food isn’t that good.

Take it easy and taake care talk to ya later.

PS.

Start quizzing squeezing a tennis ball.

Corrected because it would be silly to quiz a tennis ball, after all they can't talk...can they?

Hope the head ache's end soon :banghead: as for the hand, neve's heal; they just take their sweet little old time. :lurk:

Been there done that one. :shift:

Glad to hear you are home Matt, about time we were beginning to think you were going to take up residency and become a career patient, we were kind'a puzzled; I know patient food isn’t that good.

Take it easy and taake care talk to ya later.

PS.

Start quizzing a tennis ball.

How would asking a tennis ball questions help?

Sorry, Jim. I know exactly what you meant, but I just got this visual of a person asking questions to a tennis ball and just started to crack up.

Sometimes typos can be funny.

How would asking a tennis ball questions help?

Sorry, Jim. I know exactly what you meant, but I just got this visual of a person asking questions to a tennis ball and just started to crack up.

Sometimes typos can be funny.

No problem I read your remark and started laughing, It was good and funny come back.

Hi Matt,

I think that we are ALL glad that you are home. It will take some time to heal, and take the time needed. Do not rush it. We are all part of the Shelby family and we wish you nothing but the best. Take care and take the time needed. We will all still be here!!!

Glad you are home!!!!

Bud

I wish you a speedy recovery, sir. These things are scary at any speed; I'm very happy to hear you're doing as well as you are.

All,

Words cannot express how much everyone did for me both following the accident and all of the phone calls and visits in the hospital. I'm back in Houston now and taking some time off of work to recover. I still have some nerve damage in my left hand and I've been getting pounding headaches from withdrawal from all of the pain medicine they had me on, but hopefully those are on the way out. I still don't remember anything from the accident and a part of me wishes I don't ever remember. The resort still has my stuff (they're waiting for big enough boxes) but since I'm not going anywhere I can wait. I haven't seen any photos of the accident but from what I hear it was pretty bad. The fact that I was able to more or less walk away from an accident that bad with only some numbness in my left hand speaks volumes for the safety engineering Ford put into our cars. Even though the accident happened at normal highway speeds, I haven't decide if I want another high performance car (my family would definitely feel better if I didn't buy another one).

Matt

Archived