TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MATT UPDATE (from accident)

herpony68

For all those who saw or heard about Matt's accident on Saturday, I know we have all been worried, and there were rumors he was fine or not fine or whataver. I spoke to him PERSONALLY today! He is still in ICU at the hospital in Odessa where they flew him from Alpine, but is doing well! He said he is shaken still, and his arm is bugging him the most, but he is doing OK. In case no one knows my original posting name of herpony68 listed here-it is me-ShelbyGirl!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened??!! Is there another forum telling people what happened to him?

I felt better after talking to him myself. I have been worried since then. Hope everyone made it home safe. I flew-my selfless husband took on the "chore" of driving the car back cross country! he'll be home late tomorrow night.

Thanks for the update ShelbyGirl! Thank you for your wonderful help at the accident scene. Thank God there were some of us here that could take care of Matt before Emergency crews could arrive.

Right now, Matt needs our prayers and wishes for a full recovery. Matt, you are in my every thought right now. Get well soon! I know that there are many pictures out there, but hopefully none of them will be shared until Matt is recovered and wishes to see them himself. Possibly never.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Matt, and thank God you were surrounded by several on-scene Angels too.

Guys, please visit the new thread in this same section for Matt's fundraiser....and you can understand why we are not giving out too many details until the investigation is complete.

Jeff, Shelbygirl....you are LIFESAVERS and every bit of respect I had for you and those like you before this accident was reinforced after. Matt came up in our caravan, and we sure missed him coming home. The important thing is he IS coming home! We owe you both BIG TIME. I didn't get the name of the RN either, but if I was a genie...you'd each have three wishes...

Guys , Robert and Sharon visited Matt today and his arm is better, he is one lucky guy, I know!

We will be starting a fund to nhelp Matt, so if anyone wants to help him, please PM me and Sharon.

I am sure Matt appreciates all the well wisshes!

Amy

Hey Guys,

Robert and I are in Odessa TX, we just saw Matt he is doing well. When we walked in to his room he asked if we where there to tell him that he had won the Terlingua give away car. He is grogy but is doing well he asked to pass on that he has movement in all his parts his arm is still a little numb.

We will be in contact with Matt through out until he is home.

Robert and I will not be home until midnight so I will let people know things as we do.

We ask that no one post any photos with respect to Matt.

Sharon

Hey Guys,

Robert and I are in Odessa TX, we just saw Matt he is doing well. When we walked in to his room he asked if we where there to tell him that he had won the Terlingua give away car. He is grogy but is doing well he asked to pass on that he has movement in all his parts his arm is still a little numb.

We will be in contact with Matt through out until he is home.

Robert and I will not be home until midnight so I will let people know things as we do.

We ask that no one post any photos with respect to Matt.

Sharon

+1

I just talked to him on the phone, and he is thankful he has so many friends here! He also has his mother by his side now, so I feel better about him being in Odessa away from home. He said they were talking about moving him to a private room soon, so I'll keep you all posted as well, until Robert and Sharon get home anyway.

My wife and I stopped by the hospital yesterday along with MBGT500SS and his wife on our way through Odessa. Matt asked us at that time to call a friend of his in Midland. I believe they were able to stay with him a bit yesterday evening.

We were very relieved to see him doing so well.

Shelbygirl, Robert & Sharon; thanks for stopping by too. I'm sure it means a lot to him.

Get well soon, Matt!

I can't tell from this post who Matt is, or what happened, but whatever it was it doesn't sound good. In any event, I will also keep Matt in my thoughts and prayers and wish him a speedy recovery!!

I think we all found out what that car is really made of! Very relieved to see Matt is doing well. We all have a lot to be thankful for this weekend. Speedy recovery, Matt, and prayers for everyone's safe arrival home.

Gotta go, just blew a second tire on the trailer on our long trip home! Our guardian angel is working overtime!

Talk to you guys later.

My wife and I stopped by the hospital yesterday along with MBGT500SS and his wife on our way through Odessa. Matt asked us at that time to call a friend of his in Midland. I believe they were able to stay with him a bit yesterday evening.

We were very relieved to see him doing so well.

Shelbygirl, Robert & Sharon; thanks for stopping by too. I'm sure it means a lot to him.

Get well soon, Matt!

I didn't stop by, I called his room and spoke to him- I am already back in NJ, but it was great to hear his voice! I tried to find which hospital he was in before I flew out, but couldn't locate him! As soon as I got back to work this AM I called around to the local hospitals till I could find where he was and then called into his room.

Archived