TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tune..

Hey Guys.

I have heard our tune is not that great, and that we could have alot better... I want to keep my GT-H visibly stock. I have heard that an upgraded tune is the a good way of getting a few more horses!! Is this correct? What kind of increase can be expected and what is the best tune out there for our ponies, oh, and cost.... !

Is the SGT tune completely lost when you change the tune or is it backed-up somehow so you can revert back to stock specs if need be for warranty work or emissions?

All programmers read and store your stock SGT tune before it loads the custom tune into your car. The programmer is then locked to your car until you reinstall the stock tune back into your car.

Evan.

Not exactly sure how much horsepower gains I got with my tune, but the difference in drivability of the car is night and day!! I've used both the Bamachips and Brenspeed tunes. For me, both are way better then the SGT tune.

Evan.

Since you have tried both the Breenspeed and Bama tunes, how do the compare?

Mine is a DD, so I would be interested in lower end "drivability" a little more than flat out high end power.

Thanks

Since you have tried both the Breenspeed and Bama tunes, how do the compare?

Mine is a DD, so I would be interested in lower end "drivability" a little more than flat out high end power.

Thanks

Go with the Bama Torque tune for the lower end performance. I like the Bama Race tune because you get the best of both worlds and still is not too aggressive where it can't be used for a DD. Brenspeed tune is real nice as well, but for an Auto tranny, for me atleast, I like the feel of the Bama tune. But as stated before either tune is WAY better than the stock SGT tune IMHO.

Evan.

Go with the Bama Torque tune for the lower end performance. I like the Bama Race tune because you get the best of both worlds and still is not too aggressive where it can't be used for a DD. Brenspeed tune is real nice as well, but for an Auto tranny, for me atleast, I like the feel of the Bama tune. But as stated before either tune is WAY better than the stock SGT tune IMHO.

Evan.

Thanks!!

Archived