TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NCSTANG Joins The Boost Club

NCStangFanatic

Along with the supercharger install I made some improvements to the suspension as well. The new install included:

Steeda sport springs

Tokico D-spec shocks and struts

Steeda rear sway bar

Steeda panhard bar

Steeda adjustable panhard bar brace

Billet lower control arms

Lower control arm relo brackets

Steeda G-trac brace

Steeda adjustable upper control arm

Steeda heavy duty upper strut mounts

Powerslot rotors (front and rear)

Hawk ceramic brake pads (front and rear)

So far this the only picture I have to show the new stance.

IMG_0407.jpg

Welcome to the Boost Club!!! Which Saleen Blower did you opt for (psi)? Have you had a chance to get it custom dyno tuned yet?

Brian - If your daughter thought that was loud, click on my exhaust vid in my sig - and turn up the speakers! :happy feet:

Welcome to the Boost Club!!! Which Saleen Blower did you opt for (psi)? Have you had a chance to get it custom dyno tuned yet?

I bought the 425 RWHP kit from JDM and it has a 3.6 pulley which I believe produces 7.5 boost. I imagine that I am not getting 425 because I should lose a little more through the drive train than a standard tranny. It is still fun to drive though.

I have not had a chance to take it to a dyno as I just picked it up on Saturday.

Yeehaaaaaw! Very nice and I like those guages!

I wasn't sure what to do about gauges and I almost went with the Roush gauge pods that fit in the air conditioner vents but now I am glad I didn't because I like the way these turned out. I wanted to put in a wideband A/F ratio gauge but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on one gauge after all the othe $$ I spent. Maybe down the road I will install one and but a triple gauge pod.

I bought the 425 RWHP kit from JDM and it has a 3.6 pulley which I believe produces 7.5 boost. I imagine that I am not getting 425 because I should lose a little more through the drive train than a standard tranny. It is still fun to drive though.

I have not had a chance to take it to a dyno as I just picked it up on Saturday.

Automatics do tend to lose more hp to the wheels. My tuner told me that manuals lose about 15% from the flywheel to the tires, while the automatics tend to lose about 20-23% in his experience.

The canned tunes that come with these blowers are very conservative. The Vortech-supplied tune I got with my blower was 50-state smog legal and 3/36 warranty friendly. However, our local tuning guru netted me a 57 rwhp and 50 rwtq improvement over the Vortech-supplied tune, and that was keeping the a/f ratio totally safe and very conservative timing curves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived