TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tune?

jgib627

Hey Guys.

I have heard our tune is not that great, and that we could have alot better... I want to keep my GT-H visibly stock. I have heard that an upgraded tune is the a good way of getting a few more horses!! Is this correct? What kind of increase can be expected and what is the best tune out there for our ponies, oh, and cost.... !

Hey Guys.

I have heard our tune is not that great, and that we could have alot better... I want to keep my GT-H visibly stock. I have heard that an upgraded tune is the a good way of getting a few more horses!! Is this correct? What kind of increase can be expected and what is the best tune out there for our ponies, oh, and cost.... !

You may want to do some searching in the Shelby GT forum and also this one. This has been discussed many times. Most guys use the SCT X3 tuner, but have used different companies to buy it from. They usually load their own custom tunes based on your car and what you want. There are a couple really good tuners out there to buy these from. I used Bama Chips to get mine. He has some custom tunes which he puts in that really woke my car up. I gained about 1/2 second in the quarter mile after I bumped to the race tune. The shifts are awsome compared to stock and the fuel maps are changed, also throttle response, etc. You can also create your own tune with the X3 if you wanted. Pretty cheap upgrade.

You may want to do some searching in the Shelby GT forum and also this one. This has been discussed many times. Most guys use the SCT X3 tuner, but have used different companies to buy it from. They usually load their own custom tunes based on your car and what you want. There are a couple really good tuners out there to buy these from. I used Bama Chips to get mine. He has some custom tunes which he puts in that really woke my car up. I gained about 1/2 second in the quarter mile after I bumped to the race tune. The shifts are awsome compared to stock and the fuel maps are changed, also throttle response, etc. You can also create your own tune with the X3 if you wanted. Pretty cheap upgrade.

Awesome! Thanks Jeff, Great advice. I ask GT Mods too, as you said. They also mentioned Bama Race Tune. Thanks again..

Archived