TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all Colorado Breakfast Club peeps

MoTheDigitalDiva

The leaves turning is a major part of the vid so we'll go next week instead (Oct 4). Offer still stands if anyone is free!

The wife and I going up on the 4th as well, I told her we were taking the Shelby if the weather is good if not we are going up in the Yukon..we will probably leave around 7-730 from parker.

The wife and I going up on the 4th as well, I told her we were taking the Shelby if the weather is good if not we are going up in the Yukon..we will probably leave around 7-730 from parker.

Perfect! Tony (twobjshelbys) will be going as well. My driver is on call for that day in Breckenridge for a vid shoot and we prob won't know until Friday if he'll be back home that night. That and bad weather are the only two reasons to keep us away. I suppose we could take a non-shelby vehicle but that's so much less fun. I'll PM you my phone number so we can hook up.

Another Oskar Blues regular drove back on the Peak-to-Peak tonight. He said the leaves are awesome! They ought to be great this weekend if we don’t get any wind or rain (which is not in the current forecast).

Hi suggestion is that we go up through Boulder to Nederland and take the P-P to Estes.

Meeting in Boulder about 10:00 would be just about right. That would get us in town for lunch and then do the park photoshoot and go back via Big Thompson.

Several suggestions for lunch included the Stanley, and the place that is on the lake that has the patio that overlooks the lake (I can't remember what it is since I've never been there.) There are a couple of good Mexican places up there too.

We could meet somewhere in Boulder – I’ll noodle on where and send something later.

Just got home from filling up the Shelby and getting some dinner. Havn't heard where or when we might meet up we will go toward Boulder via 36 in the morning from Parker should be thru Boulder about 8:00 will stop to get coffee somwhere and then on to Estes park, let me know if you want to meet somewhere.

Mick

Just got home from filling up the Shelby and getting some dinner. Havn't heard where or when we might meet up we will go toward Boulder via 36 in the morning from Parker should be thru Boulder about 8:00 will stop to get coffee somwhere and then on to Estes park, let me know if you want to meet somewhere.

Mick

Sorry we did not hook up with anyone today we had a great day. Went to National park saw plenty of Aspen's and Elk and lot's of traffic, we just got home around 730pm, we left around 730am, 285miles. Tony if you would please just mail the CD to me so I can get it to my son.

thanks

Mick

Sorry we did not hook up with anyone today we had a great day. Went to National park saw plenty of Aspen's and Elk and lot's of traffic, we just got home around 730pm, we left around 730am, 285miles. Tony if you would please just mail the CD to me so I can get it to my son.

thanks

Mick

I saw your note at about 9:30 this morning. Sorry we missed you. rpretzel PM'd and called and we met in Boulder about 10:30. The drive up the Peak to Peak was awesome. The best portion was from Nederland to Allenspark. There aren't that many aspens between Allenspark and Estes. We got to Estes about 12:30 and had lunch at the Grumpy Gringo since traffic through downtown was backed up all the way to the 36/34/7 intersection (We ducked around the back side on Mall Road to the restaurant).

On the way to the park there was a small herd of elk in this guy's back yard. People were out of their cars. It looked like one guy was getting close to the bull and he was getting defensive about his territory - waving his antlers and pawing at the ground. FILM KEPT GOING. How stupid. These are not pets.

By the time we got to the park entrance it was backed up about 1/2 hour (everyone using a credit card to pay I suppose). Rick is having the clutch problem, it was raining by then, and the line on the inside of the park looked as long as the outside, so we gave up for the afternoon. We drove back through Big Thompson Canyon and got back in time to go to my daughter's birthday dinner.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

I'll also drop the CD in the mail this week!

Archived