TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Badging?????

crispy23c

The first 2 Terlinguas are already at the Terlingua event in Terlingua, TX. Terlingua. Had to say it one more time. ;)

I was at Quantum inspecting these very early editions.

**If you are the owner of either of these cars, please PM me your name, CSM#, and email address and I will send you other pics I have of your cars.

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!!!! You will be the main attraction at Terlingua! Very sweet rides, btw!

Here are some pics:

post-140-1222440668_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440715_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440765_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440807_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440838_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440668_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440715_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440765_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440807_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222440838_thumb.jpg

Tasca is now authorized to build cars as well as Quantum.

BUT:

Like Quantum, they have been instructed that this is very early in production.

What does this mean?

-It means that production for this quarter (Sept-Dec) will be slow as parts, inventory, and build speed are ramping up.

-It means you should expect to be patient as these builds are one to two at a time for now.

-It means that if you wish to have your car built by either Quantum or Tasca, get on the list and leave a deposit. From there, I will make sure that they obtain all of the parts necessary to build your cars.

-It also means you will have an extremely rare car

What doesn't this mean?

-It does not mean that you drop your car off Monday and pick it up Tuesday

-It does not mean that either place will be mass-producing these in the very near future

-It does not mean you can't kick some poor schmoe's butt taking a corner or accelerating off the line ;)

I hope this is helpful to you gals & guys. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact either of the Mod Shops or myself. *More to come.....

Chris

OMG! The Terlingua is an absolute dream to drive. I've put over 200 miles on it this afternoon..most of it doing over 100mph on these desert highways. It corners and brakes unlike anything I've ever driven for the street. Took me a bit to get used to the clutch because it's vastly different from the GT500, but once I got used to it, hang on cause we're going for a ride :shift: I can't wait to get this car onto the track.

I really need to get a GPS for it since I have no clue what it tops out at. I had the speedo buried last night at the 120 mark and the car kept going. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere between 130-140mph.

I'd show some pics, but I haven't taken a single one. Been too busy driving. Killed the clutch completely in my GT500. Some idiot doesn't know how to drag race and smoked the clutch. I limped the car back from the airport in first gear. I'm praying I can pop it into gear again to get it into the trailer. No loss on the clutch really. The road race has been canceled and I already had the clutch scheduled with Quantum to be replaced with a Spec clutch next week anyways :happy feet:

Blip, did you place your order with Tasca yet?

Sent emails to the Tasca POC (Dennis Gomes-using the link up top), but haven't gotten a response yet.

Might be time to find number and make a call.

(No real rush for me as I'm not planning to have one built any earlier than JAN/FEB 09.)

Crispy--thanks for the status update on the Mod shops.

SPKSNK--sounds like you and the your Terlingua are a perfect match!!!!

Tasca is now authorized to build cars as well as Quantum.

BUT:

Like Quantum, they have been instructed that this is very early in production.

What does this mean?

-It means that production for this quarter (Sept-Dec) will be slow as parts, inventory, and build speed are ramping up.

-It means you should expect to be patient as these builds are one to two at a time for now.

-It means that if you wish to have your car built by either Quantum or Tasca, get on the list and leave a deposit. From there, I will make sure that they obtain all of the parts necessary to build your cars.

-It also means you will have an extremely rare car

What doesn't this mean?

-It does not mean that you drop your car off Monday and pick it up Tuesday

-It does not mean that either place will be mass-producing these in the very near future

-It does not mean you can't kick some poor schmoe's butt taking a corner or accelerating off the line ;)

I hope this is helpful to you gals & guys. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact either of the Mod Shops or myself. *More to come.....

Chris

Thank you Chris, can you tell me how the Cobra Terlingua Package is going to work? do we have to buy it with a new CSX order or can we upfit an existing CSX?

All,

I will second SPR SNK - my Terlingua is beyond description to drive. The handling is a dream and beyond, the acceleration is incredible and I took it easy with mine as it is a new car and not broke in yet. I spoke at length with several media guys driving the prototype which is identical to mine on the track and roads and they did not know I had a Terlingua and they raved about it - practically foamed at the mouth.

It is a truly awesome car.

Vorpal Bunny CSM TRT 07 0401

A very happy owner...

David and Rick were the envy of the event for sure! Those cars look so bad ASS in person. I mean- if a Ford Ranger looks tough Terlingua-ed, you can just imagine the stangs.... :happy feet: :shift::lurk:

I'll be talking to Glenn at Quantum REAL soon!

Sent emails to the Tasca POC (Dennis Gomes-using the link up top), but haven't gotten a response yet.

Might be time to find number and make a call.

(No real rush for me as I'm not planning to have one built any earlier than JAN/FEB 09.)

Crispy--thanks for the status update on the Mod shops.

SPKSNK--sounds like you and the your Terlingua are a perfect match!!!!

Blip,

let me know if you don't get a response, something may be broken. If so, PM me your info and I will get the info direct to Dennis. Thanks!

Chris

Archived