TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Certificates of Authenticity are NOW AVAILABLE for the 2008 Shelby GT500!

Curt A

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all!

I have a 2008 GT500...

Exterior color is Ebony, and interior is the Black/Red combo...I also have the alloy stripes.

I received one of 2 of the packages I ordered (I just wanted to have an extra one)...but I have a question, which Ford Performance (via the 800#) couldn't help me further....

Based on the breakdown of the 2008 production numbers, they only made 178 Ebony with Black/Red Interiors....the other data shows that they made 759 Ebony (ext) cars with the Alloy stripes. When I asked Ford Performance, "Of the 178 Ebony with Black/Red Interiors, how many had the Alloy stripes?" they said that they did not have that breakdown.

Any options to find this out? I don't think that I am asking for real detailed information here....any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

Hi guys, Just a heads up, I got a second package from DHL today. It was a second certificate for my car with a leter from ford saying that there was a error in the original. But It is exactly the same as the first one. This is great now I don't have to make a trip to staples to get a copy. :happy feet: My car is #824 of 6513 coupes and #160 of 971 in vapor.

Hi guys, Just a heads up, I got a second package from DHL today. It was a second certificate for my car with a leter from ford saying that there was a error in the original. But It is exactly the same as the first one. This is great now I don't have to make a trip to staples to get a copy. :happy feet: My car is #824 of 6513 coupes and #160 of 971 in vapor.

+1 Got my updated Cert today as well...

Got it! Only took a week from the phone call to having it show up. Need to scan it in now for a signature line.

#3936 or a build of 6513 coupes

#734 of 1278 in Ebony

*grins* and with the red appearance package I put on after getting it, should be close to, if not the only 2008 couple with the Red Appearance Package since that was only orderable on the Vert in 2008! :happy feet:

Cobra Scotty- How did you find the build date???

Build date should be on your certificate. There was a Vehicle Locator on Blue Oval Forums, but ViperPilot has since discontinued the service. Maybe someone else will pick it up in the future?

Shack

i also recivied my second package yesterday

#294 of 682 in ebony only 131 with red package

in ebony

i also recivied my second package yesterday

#294 of 682 in ebony only 131 with red package

in ebony

Good news.......Got my second(correct)build certificate as well

Bad News.....I sent the original(incorrect one)to my engine builders to be signed :censored::banghead:

Oh well, I'll just send the new one

DHL dropped off mine today.

09/24/2007 build date. #1753 of a build of 6513 coupes and is #78 of 314 in Alloy Metallic. Also 1 of 26 with the Red Leather Interior and 1 of 291 with Silver Stripes!!!

Mike

I've corresponded with one of my builders via email a few times over the last month or so and asked if they would sign my cert.

They said no problem, so I mailed it to them.

That's pretty cool of them. But how did you get in contact with them in the first place? I know some of the builders are members and I think there was talk of making all of them members here, but I'm not sure how to find them.

Craig

That's pretty cool of them. But how did you get in contact with them in the first place? I know some of the builders are members and I think there was talk of making all of them members here, but I'm not sure how to find them.

Craig

Who are your builders? Maybe we can help.

Damn, I guess when you get a discount you have to wait an extra 3 weeks. I ordered mine same day you did, still don't have it......

I ordered certs for 4 of my 98-04 Cobras and got them with in a couple days, but the one for my 08 GT500 still hasn't arrived 2 weeks later...all ordered at the same time...

Archived