TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Certificates of Authenticity are NOW AVAILABLE for the 2008 Shelby GT500!

Curt A

Clubs and Events

As the Club Event Season Winds Down,

Ford Performance Group Cranks it up!

Fall is now here and the Ford enthusiast club event season is cooling down in many parts of the country. But things are heating up at www.FordPerformanceGroup.com as expansion plans are already under way to grow the Ford Performance Group of enthusiast organizations during the remainder of the year and throughout 2009. First up will be to bring two new clubs into the fold – the Mach 1 Registry and the Motor City Marauders. Expect to read all about them, as well as the vehicles they represent, on our site soon!

Next we will be expanding our once SVT-exclusive "Certificate of Authenticity" program to include other Ford performance vehicles – including the SN-95 Mustang-based Mach 1 and Bullitt™ as well as the late-model Mercury Marauder. :happy feet: And the Ford Performance Info Center announces that official Certificates of Authenticity are NOW AVAILABLE for the 2008 Shelby GT500! :happy feet: That's in addition to the 2007 Shelby GT500, plus all years and models of SVT vehicles – including a special "Owners Pack" for the Ford GT.

Better still, members of clubs appearing on www.FordPerformanceGroup.com qualify for a discount on the purchase of Certificates as well as other Ford enthusiast merchandise sold via the Info Center. That includes out-of-print SVT product brochures, tech data cards and posters, plus unique hardcover Mustang, SVT and Ford GT books. All folks need to do is mention their club affiliation when ordering.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the phone ordering mine. It took a while going back and forth on the menu and few hangups but I finally got through it. I found out there were 6513 GT500 built, mine is number 5820. There were 971 Vapor silvers built and mine is number 883. Let's see if that is the rarest color but I am thinking Alloy is going to beat that out. Curt, can you verify the rarest color?

Now off to change my signature.

I GOT MINE ORDERED.

GRABBER ORANGE VERT IS THE RAREST OF ALL 2008 GT500

GRABBER ORANGE VERT PRODUCTION WAS 81 CARS

OF THE 81 THERE WERE 6 STRIPE DELETE.

MINE WAS # 79 OF 81 G.O. VERTS

AND WAS # 6 OF THE 6 STRIPE DELETE OR THE LAST STRIPE DELETE MADE.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

2008 TOTAL PRODUCTION WAS 8583 UNITS

COUPE PRODUCTION WAS 6513

CONVERTIBLE PRODUCTION WAS 2070

True that, phone just rings....then defaults back to main menu on its own...

Be persistant...

I just got my cert!

Here are the specs on my convertible

2070 total 'verts...

#398 into production

682 total black cars, of which mine is #109

JUST A HEADS UP FOR YOU GUYS CALLING IN FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE.

THERE IS ONLY 1 PERSON HANDLING THE PHONE CALLS TODAY.

HIS NAME IS JOHN AND HE IS SLAMMED WITH PHONE CALLS

AND HAS AS MANY AS 8-10 CALLS ON HOLD AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

JUST A HEADS UP FOR YOU GUYS CALLING IN FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE.

THERE IS ONLY 1 PERSON HANDLING THE PHONE CALLS TODAY.

HIS NAME IS JOHN AND HE IS SLAMMED WITH PHONE CALLS

AND HAS AS MANY AS 8-10 CALLS ON HOLD AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

yeah I just got off the phone with John..he is a great guy...it was easy for me as I was pre-registered from June...anyways..just ordered mine... same other coupe details etc...#6097 of 6513 coupes....# 807 of 869 Vista Blue....build date he stated as APril 21st...I will update my signature when I get my certificate as there are other numbers etc...I knew he was busy so i did not ask him every little detail...just the basics...have patience when calling though as others have poitned out the flood gates are open and they are swamped. now ...should I frame this certificate and bring to auto shows? thats what I may do...

yeah I just got off the phone with John..he is a great guy...it was easy for me as I was pre-registered from June...anyways..just ordered mine... same other coupe details etc...#6097 of 6513 coupes....# 807 of 869 Vista Blue....build date he stated as APril 21st...I will update my signature when I get my certificate as there are other numbers etc...I knew he was busy so i did not ask him every little detail...just the basics...have patience when calling though as others have poitned out the flood gates are open and they are swamped. now ...should I frame this certificate and bring to auto shows? thats what I may do...

If you have a scanner, make a color copy to take with you. Hang the other on the wall or put someplace safe.

If you have a scanner, make a color copy to take with you. Hang the other on the wall or put someplace safe.

great point...I will place the original in a large ziploc (Like other improtant docs...children birth certificates etc) and place in my safe and I will have a scanned color copy reprinted...awesome point and thanks for the advice...I will definitely use it...AWESOME>..

2008 TOTAL PRODUCTION WAS 8583 UNITS

COUPE PRODUCTION WAS 6513

CONVERTIBLE PRODUCTION WAS 2070

it is great to see the numbers are down from 2007 :happy feet: i hear 2009 shelbys will be even more limited than the first two years.way to go Carrol Shelby,he is the guy that told ford to put the production down for 2008. :shift:

Sweet.... I'll give it a day or so to order mine. :lurk:

Does anyone know how many KR's were to be built using 2008 GT500's? I wonder if those are being counted in this total or if they are seperate....

Well...I couldn't wait so I called John (got right through) and ordered mine! #25 of 88 Alloy Verts!

Sweet.... I'll give it a day or so to order mine. :lurk:

Does anyone know how many KR's were to be built using 2008 GT500's? I wonder if those are being counted in this total or if they are seperate....

Well...I couldn't wait so I called John (got right through) and ordered mine! #25 of 88 Alloy Verts!

THE KR'S ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOTALS FOR THE GT500'S/ 8583 UNITS FOR 2008

THE KR'S HAVE SEPARATE PRODUCTION NUMBERS

I BELEIVE IT IS 1000 UNITS FOR 2008 KR'S OR SO THEY ARE TELLING US.

Archived